What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you got your photos onto your computer? We'll try to trouble shoot this for you.

Yeah. My son just left. He told me that he set it up so if someone should ever hack into my computer, they couldn't open the pictures without my password. He said the next time he comes, he will fix it for me. Because of the jobs two of my kids have, I have to protect them at all times. I never put the names or pictures or those of their kids on the internet. So I will have to wait for another day. :angel:

Full day for me. Worked 5:30 am till 6pm, then off to the gym with our daughter for an hour. It's almost midnight & time to get to bed. G'nite.

I have been out in the garden doing some bits and pieces and the rest of the arvo preparing tea and making dessert for tonight :)

I had to buy birthday gifts for two DIL's and a SIL this month. I got the DIL's each a gift cert. from Pier 1 Imports and I am going to get the SIL a gift cert. from his favorite Mexican restaurant. Now I have to get back to ideas for Christmas. Altogether I buy for 20 people, how many do you buy for?

Last edited:
Just arrived home after my second session of physical therapy, have my leg elevated and ice on my knee.

I'm excited that there's real progress being made. I left the hospital with 80 degrees flex in the knee joint. After Monday's first session, I exceeded 90 degrees and, today, just over 100.

Not bad considering I had NO therapy, except of my own creation, from the time I left the hospital until my first therapy on Monday. I was truly anxious that I would be behind the curve, but I'm encouraged that that is not the case, especially since the doctor wants a total of 124 degrees as acceptable for dismissal from therapy.

However, that is a moot point since my insurance has only approved a total of 7 therapy sessions. I've already used one for the evaluation and, now, 2 actual therapy visits, which leaves me with only 4 more to achieve the 124-degree goal.

I'm going to have to be like "the little engine that could" to get where I need to in 4 more physical therapy appointments. I intend to supplement that by working doubly hard at home. That might just get the job done.

At any rate, I am seeing and feeling advancement being made. I'm just eating the elephant one bite at a time.

I had to buy gifts for two DIL's and a SIL this month. I got the DIL's each a gift cert. from Pier 1 Imports and I am going to get the SIL a gift cert. from his favorite Mexican restaurant. Now I have to get back to ideas for Christmas. Altogether I buy for 20 people, how many do you buy for?

I have 17 grand and great grandchildren. There is no way I can buy for all of them. And we have a rule in our family, Unless they are your children, no buying for those over 16. That is the cutoff age. This family is just too big. So I do my Christmas giving with food. Mostly cookies. For some reason I have developed a reputation for making cookies for the family. You have to get your request in early. Before the first of December. For my daughter this year I am going to make the chocolate cream pie. It is her favorite. I use the Oreo Cookie pie crust. You can never have too much chocolate.

I have 17 grand and great grandchildren. There is no way I can buy for all of them. And we have a rule in our family, Unless they are your children, no buying for those over 16. That is the cutoff age. This family is just too big. So I do my Christmas giving with food. Mostly cookies. For some reason I have developed a reputation for making cookies for the family. You have to get your request in early. Before the first of December. For my daughter this year I am going to make the chocolate cream pie. It is her favorite. I use the Oreo Cookie pie crust. You can never have too much chocolate.

I love your giving of cookies and pies for Christmas. You are really giving of yourself. I am going to start thinking along those lines for next Christmas.:angel:

I'm sitting here thinking I didn't plan my day very well. I have to drive my daughter to an appointment shortly and I put the nuts and bolts in the oven about 40 minutes ago. Crap. I'll have to take them out and finish them later. Dummy.

I'm also thinking I'd better wear my BIG boots because it is just puking down snow out there!

Hello guys :)

Alix, sounds like you are getting a lot of snow!

Ads, that is lovely that you make cookies and pie for everyone :)

Katie, so pleased you are seeing some progress with your physio :)

I love your giving of cookies and pies for Christmas. You are really giving of yourself. I am going to start thinking along those lines for next Christmas.:angel:

JoAnn, I pick up different shape Christmas cookie tins at Walgreens, CVS or any other place that sells them.they cost about $1.00 each. The cover snaps on the bottom as well as the top. I pile the cookies in them, snap the cover on the bottom and wrap the whole thing in large sheets of plastic wrap. Some years I get extravagant and buy the colored wrap. the I place a sticky bow on top. Merry Christmas. Each tin gets two dozen each. I make sure they get them before Christmas. A quiet Christmas Eve with a hot cup of cocoa and cookies while reading The Night Before Christmas to the younger kids is a perfect time for the family.

For my daughter's party, I got a very large platter from the Community Room kitchen and some paper doilies. I will put the cookies on that. There will be about five dozen. :angel:

This morning I am going over to mums for a quick coffee

She is heading out tonight to see The Jersey Boys and having High Tea with the cast and crew, also staying overnight in a lovely hotel in the city after the show

I entered mum in a competition online and she won :)

It was for 4 people too, so mum is taking her partner Don and her best friend and her partner, they will have such a lovely time, I am so pleased I entered my mum :)

Have been out to mums and also done some gardening out the front when I got back as it is such a lovely day out there :)

I am heading back out there now!

What kind of luscious dessert did you make this time?

SB, we just made bread and butter pudding, it was lovely though :)

We had another serve each for tonight but we threw it out as we only have dessert every now and then :)

Opting for yoghurt instead tonight :yum:

Happy Friday :)

Today I am staying in as it is ironing, washing and cleaning day :rolleyes:

Good day to stay in with the air con on as it is going to be a hot one!

I tend to keep my apartment cool. So this morning when I took my shower, I turned up the heat so it wouldn't be cold when I got out of the shower. I got dressed and headed out the door. I forgot to turn the heat back down. When I came back into the apartment 45 minutes later, it was like walking into a sauna. Even though it was in the 30's, I opened the windows and put the fan on. I can't breath when it is too hot. Then I fell asleep. I forgot to close the windows and turn the fan off. Now I am freezing. Is there no middle groound anywhere for me? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom