What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sitting down - finally. I feel like I've been running for two days straight! Oh wait, I have! Just did my short change at work and it was a BUSY paperwork day today and we had a few behavioural issues to deal with. Yeesh. Ready for a glass of wine and someone to bring dinner home. Hahahaha!

Just got home from the pool, it was a wonderful aqua chi class tonight. When I got home dh had an amazing supper made. It feels good to be sitting in my recliner with my feet up.

Once again have a bout of Pneumonia, viral this time. Something I picked up somewhere and since I've been having symptoms for over a week there is nothing they can give me. I spent all weekend talking myself out of it being a heart attack. Since it's just me in the office tomorrow, I'm going in to work, don't feel bad enough to stay home.

oh no, pf! who nurses the nurse? can you even hear yourself, pf? 'i have pneumonia, but they need me in the office tomorrow, so i'm going in to work.' What? you wouldn't suggest that as a reasonable course of action for me or any of us dc people when we get sick. please take as good care of yourself as you do of all of your patients and all of us.
btw, you said you kept worrying about your heart when you felt particularly bad last weekend. with me, it's cancer. whenever i have pains or feel ill in an unrecognizable way, i immediately think it must be cancer. so far, i've been wrong every time....:)
take it easy, pf, take care, and first, do no harm....

oh no, pf! who nurses the nurse? can you even hear yourself, pf? 'i have pneumonia, but they need me in the office tomorrow, so i'm going in to work.' What? you wouldn't suggest that as a reasonable course of action for me or any of us dc people when we get sick. please take as good care of yourself as you do of all of your patients and all of us.
btw, you said you kept worrying about your heart when you felt particularly bad last weekend. with me, it's cancer. whenever i have pains or feel ill in an unrecognizable way, i immediately think it must be cancer. so far, i've been wrong every time....:)
take it easy, pf, take care, and first, do no harm....

I really am not that bad, just nausea and light-headedness, a rattly cough that is clearing up. I may as well go to work and play on the computer than stay home and play on the computer. The work computer pays better.:rolleyes: I actually made the appointment when I felt the worst on Tuesday, I was going to cancel it this morning but I was the first appointment and couldn't give them plenty of notice so they would charge me anyway.

Oh no, PF, take care! Glad you're starting to feel better!

I was a wrapping fiend tonight, gotta get the packages in the mail. I need about 2 more weeks of December! ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Last edited:
Yes, I'm over the worst of it.

I just need the last two gifts to show up I ordered...wrap and deliver. Then whatever Shrek and I decide to do this year. Maybe we are doing something fun for our anniversary after Christmas.

have a restful night's sleep, pf. go easy tomorrow, come visit us on dc while you're on the pc and doing diddly squat.:)

I only have 6 care plans to write up, should be an easy day, we've had no admits the last two days. And I can close my door and lock it so no one can bother me.:)

I kind of have to lean Vit's way PF. You seem to regularly not follow the same kind of advice you give patients. I admire you wanting to tough through things, but please be careful with you. There are a lot of us that would be quite heartbroken if we lost you. Make sure if you start feeling worse while at work that you call enough and go home to rest.

I kind of have to lean Vit's way PF. You seem to regularly not follow the same kind of advice you give patients. I admire you wanting to tough through things, but please be careful with you. There are a lot of us that would be quite heartbroken if we lost you. Make sure if you start feeling worse while at work that you call enough and go home to rest.
+1 Get well soon.

I just ordered this:

Borner V-7000GN VPower V-Slicer (Green): Amazon.ca: Home & Garden

71e1zSrv9DL._AA1500_.jpg

sounds like a good idea, psyrbu.:) and let me give you a big welcome to our happy foodie club here at dc, stay awhile, check out our approach to food--and hundreds of other things that get addressed along the way.....

pac are you listening? psyrbu has come up with a possible solution to your wasp's nest problem at the beginning of this thread. at least it seems a more sensible approach than 'blowing them away with (my) AR'...followed up by standing your ground....:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you PAG, this is the first morning in a week I've been able to eat breakfast. I can't lay in bed, that's the worst thing you can do if you have pneumonia, have to be up and moving. I'm on the downside, not contagious.

Not ready to run a marathon, but I am doing fine. Just my bad luck to not get a Dr's appointment until I was on the upswing. I spent last weekend in bed.

Good morning!

This morning we are going to go and buy some new speakers and a sub woofer for my pc, we did some research last night and found some good ones :)

Also we need to fertilise the garden, that is always a big job as we have a big garden...good to get it done early as it is going to be hot again today

I just got back from paying a parking ticket. Supposedly I could pay it on line. The website for the City of Montreal says it's a valid ticket, but it isn't in their system yet. I got that ticket over three weeks ago. It has to be paid within 30 days. So, I drove to the DDO City Hall and paid in person. The website also charges a $2.50 service fee. I don't get it. The person paying does all the work. No staff need to do anything. I am so tired of paying service fees for the privilege of paying for something.

Today, even if I wanted to sleep late, forget it. It wasn't going to happen. The Pirate stopped by for a care package. He is low on cash and food. So I gave him 6 eggs, a loaf of bread, a pound of butter and a few other items. He also raided my kitchen of unwanted items or some I don't use any more. Like that hated toaster. He dowa't have one. He also took a couple of small knives that are duplicates.

Then Spike stopped by and took all my dirty laundry with him. He is taking his wife's cousin to the laundermat to do her many loads and took mine along. And my phone just doesn't want to stop ringing. The Pirate called to tell me he took my blue lighter by mistake. He didn't want me to worry or to think he had stolen it. I would never have noticed it missing. I keep one where ever I am going to be along with an ashtray. In the bathroom, kitchen, at the computer and where Isit to watch TV.

Next there was a knock at my door. I found some mouse turds months ago in the back room. I mentioned it during the inspection. So they sent me up a bunch of sticky traps. I only saw them that one time and have never seen any more since then. But I put the traps where Teddy couldn't get to them.

I don't dare lay down and try to take a quick short nap. Spike will be here with my clean and dry laundry. Of course it won't be folded. I want to get it out of the basket as fast as possible and fold it. The kitchen is clean, just the floor needs to be washed. And the bathroom can wait until tomorrow. I just wish I could see enough to do some of my needle work. Can't wait for the 18th. I wish you could see how close I have the screen on my computer. Everytime Spike comes and sits down, the first thing he does is adjust the light and push the screen way back. The loss of my eyesight is so slow and subtle, I don't really notice it going anymore. I just can't read any of the words such as subtitles on the TV. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom