What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsLMB, What a nuisance. I hope you get it all cleared up quickly. Been there, done that. That's why we rent our water heater. For an emergency like that, they come within 24 hours and usually really quickly.

This morning I am heading out to an appt to see my shoulder surgeon, this will be the 3rd time I have since him since my operation in April.

I am still in a lot of pain and I dont think I should I should be this long after the op :rolleyes:
I don't really know, but it sure sounds to me like it is going on too long. I hope you get this straightened out and feel better soon.

I drove Stirling to a doctor's appointment. It was a bit stressful driving. We are having our first real snowfall of the season. Thankfully, most of the drivers were taking that into consideration. On the way home I picked up some groceries and booze.

Kylie - sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope they can get to the bottom of what is causing it soon. I went through a similar thing with my knee and it is not fun. Surgery is supposed to end the pain. Sending gentle hugs to you.

Addie - I do hope Teddy is better soon. He and my Joie are quite a pair. Joie's eyes are a bit better but I can't get him to the vet until tomorrow now and they want the cone on him until they check it out.

MrsLMB - timing on those things are never good, but specially around the holidays. I hope you can salvage your holiday somehow through all of this.

Taxy - I hope the appointment went well and am glad you made it safely through the snow.

Princess - don't you know the Ogre curfew is 9:00? :ermm::LOL:

Kylie - sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope they can get to the bottom of what is causing it soon. I went through a similar thing with my knee and it is not fun. Surgery is supposed to end the pain. Sending gentle hugs to you.

Addie - I do hope Teddy is better soon. He and my Joie are quite a pair. Joie's eyes are a bit better but I can't get him to the vet until tomorrow now and they want the cone on him until they check it out.

MrsLMB - timing on those things are never good, but specially around the holidays. I hope you can salvage your holiday somehow through all of this.

Taxy - I hope the appointment went well and am glad you made it safely through the snow.

Princess - don't you know the Ogre curfew is 9:00? :ermm::LOL:

+1

Interesting, MrsLMB. I went down the basement last night to find a soggy mess too. Water all over. Our guys are currently replacing our water heater. Not cheap!

As I drove past a neighbor's, I noticed they had their guys replacing THEIR water heater! Must be water heater season. Due to the drought this summer, our subdivision needed a new well dug. Then the state inspection had us having to super chlorinate the water TWICE. Now the water is OK, but leaves me to wonder if that process messed up our water heater.

Merry Water Heater Season!

Well, I didn't have to replace my water heater, but I almost had water all over the basement.
I had to do a little plumbing the other day and that involved moving the slop sink, which meant unhooking the washer's drain hose from the back of the sink... yep, "somebody" forgot to hook it back onto the sink :whistling
Fortunately my washer is plugged into a GFCI, so it tripped it as soon as water started spraying everywhere. Of course a few hours later I went to throw the clothes in the dryer and they were still sitting in the washer filled with water :wacko:
Basement woes...

What did the vet do for your dog, LP?

So sorry, it does always seem to happen at the worst times. I think there is no such thing as a good time for this.

Time for a song...
♥ "High Hopes" ♫ Frank Sinatra - YouTube

Love that little song :yum:

Yeah .. never a good time for sure. We had to replace our heater last month, the fridge 2 months ago, washing machine 3 months ago ... crap .. running out of money at Xmas stinks. Living on poverty level income doesn't make it fun for all these little surprises !! Oh well ... grandkids will just have to understand there is more the Christmas than pkgs under the tree.

On the upside we are alive, fairly healthy and I have DC !! :clap:

What did the vet do for your dog, LP?
I can't get him in until tomorrow afternoon. The vets had an emergency today - two dogs that were in an accident and needed surgery.

But he seems to be doing better as long as we keep cleaning the ears and eyes and keep the cone on. He seems used to it now and just stands there after going for a walk or eating, waiting for it to be put back on. He was also starving last night - which is a good sign. If Joie doesn't eat he is sick! :LOL:

Thanks for your concern, Pac. I will keep you posted.

Hope everyones Holidays are great. Reading over the last couple of pages I am sorry to hear about everyone's dilemma's. Pardon me for this old clique................

There cannot be any flowers without a few raindrops... : )

I don't really know, but it sure sounds to me like it is going on too long. I hope you get this straightened out and feel better soon.

Thanks so much Taxy :)

he said he is going to give it 2 more months, see me again and if it is still this sore, he will get me to have an x-ray and an ultrasound and see what is going on inside :)

Thank you so much Laurie, most appreciated :)

I love Amazon! I ordered some cycling gloves for DH - got the order confirmation at 11:45 a.m. today, and just got the shipping confirmation at 12:56 p.m.! Delivery estimated Friday through Monday. My experience with Amazon is the goods are usually delivered before the estimated date. I ordered a new toaster oven a couple weeks ago, on a Sunday. It left the warehouse in Richmond that day and was delivered Monday.

I am celebrating the news that my youngest nephew (37) finally married his lady while in Mexico on the weekend. They have been together forever and engaged for two years. Our family doesn't seem keen on wedding fuss - his Mom and Dad eloped, and so did TB and I. Now to just get the other nephew to pop the question! ;)

As a wedding present I am putting together a bunch of photos of the boys and our family. They were both saying they don't have any....their mother is a photographer after all! :LOL:

Good morning, Sunday here and it is a lovely sunny morning out there :)

This morning we are going to fertilize the whole garden and just some general tidy up out there :)

I dont really like brussel sprouts, just dont like the taste or the texture...Steve loves them though

Mrs L...that does sound like a nice way to have them though
This is my favorite way to make brussels sprouts (I add a bit of maple syrup about 2-3 minutes before the end):

Brussels Sprouts Recipe : Laura Calder Recipes | LifeStyle FOOD

Supposedly if you add milk when cooking cabbage or cauliflower, it neutralizes that cabbage smell.

This is my favorite way to make brussels sprouts (I add a bit of maple syrup about 2-3 minutes before the end):

Brussels Sprouts Recipe : Laura Calder Recipes | LifeStyle FOOD

Supposedly if you add milk when cooking cabbage or cauliflower, it neutralizes that cabbage smell.
I love Laura her recipes are mostly easy and taste great. But I also like the salad Giada made for her aunt Raffy yummy she just tore off the leaves,blanched them then put in ice water to stop the cooking mixed them with baby arugula, some other things .
sooooo goood.:yum: got to find that recipe.
kades

I just finished assembling three Ikea chairs. I was right. It gets quicker with practice. Now they don't have any at my Ikea and don't have any info on when they will get more. I need another four chairs. Okay, I still have the ugly old chairs and with these new, narrower chairs, I will still be able to fit three people to a side so I can have eight people 'round the dining table.

The seat covers came in clear plastic bags. I taped the bags over the seats so they won't accumulate cat hair or get dirty before the party.

Today I have nothing to do, nowhere to go and I am loving it!

A whole day at home relaxing, nothing better :)

Back
Top Bottom