What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll miss Zellers too. I just ignored their ads. Half the time out of stock? More like 80% of the time. :LOL: But, they had good enough prices that the sales weren't important.

Yeah, I knew I was being generous on the 50% but after all why kick them when they are already down....and basically out. :LOL:

Dad wore pajama pants and polo shirts around the house because he was more comfortable that way and I could pick them up at Zellers real cheap. I also got a lot of catering supplies (dishes, decorative pieces) at a good price as well. And it was just nice because they were the only "discount" store left that was Canadian.

Sounds like we both need to get started!
Add me to the group. I don't have baking but I have a very cantankerous slipper that doesn't want to be crocheted and is needed for Saturday morning as well as some snowflake washcloths, cleaning, present wrapping, card writing for the family, phone calling and if the slush from the snow will let me out of the house, a ton of errands! :wacko:

I lucked on two jars of Tahini (1 pound each) Regular price was $12 a jar, they were on clearance for $5 each. Then I had two jars...I don't eat it that fast, so gave a jar to a friend. She tried to pay me for it and I had to get grumpy with her.:)

It took me a long time to learn to accept gifts with graciousnes and a smile. A simple thank you and let them know further down the line how you used the gift. Like my wonderful red stool that has saved my hip and spine a lot of pain. I keep it right next to my low countertop that I do most of my work at. Perfect height. And a foot rest to boot. Luv it! :angel:

I usually don't bother making it, just adding seed, too. But I do use it often enough that this won't last. Of course I have to get the oil stirred down first.:) I'm going to use Addie's trick of turning it upside down for the day.

When you first bring it home from the store, you want to put it on the shelf right side up. Don't. Always store it upside down. And when you return it to the shelf after using just some of it, continute to store it upside down. You open the cabiinet door and see it is upside down and you want to right it. Leave it upside down. That way it is always ready for you. :angel:

Today's list will need to include:
- gingerbread making
- shortbread baking
- maple cookie baking
- nuts and bolts toasting - DONE
- present wrapping - DONE
- decision making on the desserts for Christmas - DONE

Taking a breather before I get going on the rest of the baking. I also just realized I need to go out and get a little gift for my daughter's boyfriend. *sigh* I hate when I forget stuff.

I suppose I'll go put the snow thrower on the tractor... before it starts raining harder than it already is.

Mum is coming over this morning for a coffee and chat and I have done some washing, now need to crack on with the ironing

It took me a long time to learn to accept gifts with graciousnes and a smile. A simple thank you and let them know further down the line how you used the gift. Like my wonderful red stool that has saved my hip and spine a lot of pain. I keep it right next to my low countertop that I do most of my work at. Perfect height. And a foot rest to boot. Luv it! :angel:

Glad you luv it!:):angel:

Glad you luv it!:):angel:

And I love my little bento box that someone sent me! These days on my diet it is getting a lot of use because I need to have many small meals of bland food - the box inspires me to make it more interesting and fun! :) I have said thank you but can never find the words to say to them how much it means to me.:angel:

I have done a stack of ironing, a heap of washing and now just waiting for mum to come over, she is running late

It is a lovely day here, may have a coffee now and sit out in the garden :)

And I love my little bento box that someone sent me! These days on my diet it is getting a lot of use because I need to have many small meals of bland food - the box inspires me to make it more interesting and fun! :) I have said thank you but can never find the words to say to them how much it means to me.:angel:

It's those small gifts that make the giver feel so good...almost selfish.

I have done a stack of ironing, a heap of washing and now just waiting for mum to come over, she is running late

It is a lovely day here, may have a coffee now and sit out in the garden :)

So Kylie, I am sittiing here knowing that you are a day ahead. How is the end of the world going down under? Any excitement? Seems foolish to me for you to do the ironing when the world is ending. :angel:

Mum has been over, always nice to see her :)

I went out this afternoon to get Steve a small surprise Christmas present, as he knows everything he has got, like for him to have surprises too ;)

I feel for you Simonbaker, this task is so hard to deal with when you are trying to change your eating habits. You are doing such a great job though, so try not to let this baking get you down.
Thank you for the encouragement. Looking forward to getting 2012 behind me.:)

Thank you for the encouragement. Looking forward to getting 2012 behind me.:)

I so admire you SB. When I was told I couldn't have sugar, flour, eggs etc. for at least awhile, I gave up my clients and made the decision not to do any baking for gifts or home either. In fact I gave away all my supplies to take away the temptation. You go girl, you can do this. You are doing amazingly well.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom