What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Babe}}}}}}}}}}}}} Please take care of yourself. We all care about you so much. I hope you can have an enjoyable Christmas and not hurt too much. :heart::flowers:

Babe, we can't be having any of that foolishness. You have to take better care of yourself. There would be a very big empty spot in DC if you weren't with us. You are such an important part of us. You need to keep sugar at your side at all tiimes. In the meantime here are some xoxoxoxoxoxox and {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} to go along with every best wishes for a great holiday for you. We all love you and worry about you. :angel:

I have been busy cooking and cleaning, getting ready for TB's parents and brother to come for lunch tomorrow.

Since TB will be vacuuming in the morning, I decided to give the "kids" one of their presents early. I didn't get a picture of the toys before I handed them over, but they were a cute little stuffed chicken and pig, each with a "donut style body. The pictures show each of them working on the chicken, and Violet flaked out after the "hard work". :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• VioletToy1.jpg
    VioletToy1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 161
  • JoieToy1.jpg
    JoieToy1.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 150
  • VioletToy2.jpg
    VioletToy2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 150
Very cute, LP.
And way to take advantage of someone else cleaning up the stuffing, lol.

I am sitting here watching a WWII documentary on Stalingrad, trying to pick out the various military weapons... and enjoying my first cup from my Keurig.

Pac, let me know what you think of your Keurig. We are considering getting one since our Tassimo was recalled and then never worked with the new part.

As for the dogs, I did pick up most of the large pieces of stuffing, that were in my range (can't go under the table) but the small stuff can be picked up with the vacuum. The toys they get today have no stuffing. Just a lot of squeakers which is what Violet wants. She gets bored with a toy once she has removed it and we take it away. So her new one has 19! Joie just loves to suck on the fabric so he has a stuffing free bird with big wings and one squeaker! I love watching them play like that! :angel:

Pac, let me know what you think of your Keurig. We are considering getting one since our Tassimo was recalled and then never worked with the new part...

It's nice. That's the first time I've had the smell of fresh brewed coffee in the house for a while. I have no qualms at all about the way it works. I set the machine on 6oz and ran it twice through the same K-cup to fill my mug with a little room left over for milk. And the commercial model isn't supposed to have the water pump problems of their platinum series. If it lasts like it should I'll be a happy camper.
One thing I did not realize is the machine needs turned on to heat the water for the first cup. Not a big deal, but I always assumed it had an instant water heater. I can turn it on as I head out the door in the morning and by the time I come back in and am ready for that first cup it will be more than ready. Just don't walk out to the kitchen first thing thinking you'll be drinking a cup of Joe in 30 seconds if the machine isn't already on. And a small gripe, at least with my model and my kitchen sink, is that it takes a bit of finagling to get the water reservoir to sit just right in my sink so I can turn the water on and leave it while it fills. Minor, but noticeable. Overall I'm happy with it so far. I just need to find the right blend. I already know I don't like the Green Mtn Breakfast blend as much as the Donut Shop blend. I started rating them on a piece of paper so I can keep track :rolleyes:

welcome pac, it'sso nice to have a new person to talk 'keurig' with. regarding the water tank, i personally find it much easier to bring the water to the tank, than the other way around. i just remove the top, and pour bottled or tap water directly into it. as much coffee as i drink, i'm doing this several times in the course of a day.

i'm glad you mention the donut shop coffee blend. it is described somewhere as being a fresh, no-nonsense coffee most like you might be served at a diner. i agree--unpretentious, straight-up good, honest, no-frills coffee--especially good in the donut shop xtra bold. i'm not surprised at your not being impressed with the breakfast blend. i bet it's popular with those 'occasional' coffee drinkers though.

i'm not familiar with the keurig model you bought, pac. what size is its reserve water tank? i think 60 oz. is the largest tank available. i use the mug setting on my keurig, 10 oz., i think. but you will probably get a more intense brew using the 6 oz. setting twice. all of that, the size and coffee flavors, is just a matter of trial and error.

i hope you continue to find more good and fun things to enjoy about your keurig. since you will be using your own coffee brand(s) you will be missing out on one of my favorite keurig excersizes--that of trying and selecting different and new coffee blends. i'll be interested to hear how you like using the 'my' k cups, and how well they work. have fun with your new toy, pac....:)

Last edited:
The pitcher is a great idea. I even have one sitting right next to the machine that I use to fill my dogs' water dishes. Doh :wacko:
It has a 48oz reservoir. It's this model

Using the same water you give the dogs, I assume it's filtered, will cut down on the mineral buildup in the Keurig and lengthen the time between vinegar cleaning it needs.

Filtered? I guess it's filtered. I have one of those whole house water filters in the basement. Come to think of it, I should probably go change the filter today...

Filtered? I guess it's filtered. I have one of those whole house water filters in the basement. Come to think of it, I should probably go change the filter today...

You are good then, I have two Brita Filters and use a pitcher to keep them filled.

your keurig b145 would seem to be essentially the same machine as my b60, except for your superior pump,(smile) and the button configuration at the top of the unit. unwittingly, i gifted my daughter with the b70 before i had read about the cursed pump problem. i think all of your keurig research paid off, in choosing the best possible coffee machine of the keurig line.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone....boxing day here!

We had the most wonderful Christmas Day, loved every minute of it :)

We got lots of lovely presents, our roast lunch was delicious, we had lots to drink (hic) and of course lovely company!

The Wii U is great, we set it up after tea and were playing that for the rest of the night :)

Just a relaxing day today!

The madhouse is over, food's been put away and the dishwasher is running. I just sat down to download pictures from my camera the the laptop and take a breather.

We too put all our lunch dishes yesterday in the dishwasher...far too many to bother washing by hand :LOL:

The madhouse is over, food's been put away and the dishwasher is running. I just sat down to download pictures from my camera the the laptop and take a breather.

Hey Andy, I just got home from ny son's house with three steamed lobsters that didn't get eaten. I will crack them tonight and place the meat in small amounts in the freezer. Lobster salad on a toasted hot dog bun, lobster salad in a scooped out tomato, and I am sure I will find other uses for it. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom