What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning everyone, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas dinner :)

Today we are heading out to some shops!

We are looking for some new high back leather computer chairs, a few more Wii U games, we are buying a new vacuum cleaner and have to go to the garden shop for a few things :)

Lovely day for it too :)

We are looking for some new high back leather computer chairs, a few more Wii U games, we are buying a new vacuum cleaner and have to go to the garden shop for a few things :)

It is funny to think of someone going to the garden shop the day after Christmas. Most of ours close Christmas Eve after they have gotten rid of all the Christmas trees and poinsettias! :LOL::LOL:

so, on that basis, wouldn't you expect autos made in detroit to be winter-clad and ready for winter driving as well....
Well, they make cars for the whole US, not just the bits that get winter and I suspect that it's cheaper to build a car that doesn't have to drive on lots of snow and in really cold weather.

We made it home safe and sound, before the storm started. There was one point where it felt like the car was being pushed by wind. I checked to see if I could see any wind, but the grasses and rushes weren't swaying even a little bit. Then I noticed that it was that weird road surface where they have made ridges in the concrete that are parallel to the lanes. I think it is supposed to be better in the rain, but I hate it. The first time I drove on that kind of surface I thought my alignment was shot.

I assume it is Thursday for you and not Boxing Day (26 December). I refuse to go shopping on Boxing Day when it's insane & crowded in the stores.

It is funny to think of someone going to the garden shop the day after Christmas. Most of ours close Christmas Eve after they have gotten rid of all the Christmas trees and poinsettias! :LOL::LOL:
+1

Thats right Taxy, it is the 27th here, we dont go out on Boxing Day either to the shops..crazy!

Although it will still be busy out there today, as for the first time they didnt have loads of shops open around our way, they had all shops open in the city and suburbs over the other side of town, but nothing open up our way

finally! i just now swallowed the last spoonful of a 6 ounce carton of YOGURT, voluntarily, even eagerly, at the end.:)
the winner, besides me? CHOBANI. chobani greek yogurt. it's creamy, smooth, thick and yummy. not a big deal?
i've been trying, time and again, all my life, to like yogurt. just couldn't pull it off. no matter how much fruit or blueberries i'd mix in there, that sourish-bitter yogurt taste would come crashing through, defeating my every masking attempt.
i feel finally liberated and...Happy. this first, virgin cup of chobahi's yogurt was layered at the bottom with passion fruit, but i can see there will be many, many yogurt cups ahead for me, with all kinds of fruits and berries, or with none at all.
i think i'm in love with the peculiar little man who followed his dream with a shut-down factory in upstate new york, and, in a few short years, built a giant yogurt empire, internationally known today.
he has succeeded in winning over yogurt-averse people, like me, and turning them into true believers and faithful customers. :)

so, here i am again, late to the game. but at least i do, in most instances, eventually, make it there.... .

Last edited:
I had to go out and about today because I needed dog food. It wasn't too crazy out there, and I did pick up some wrapping paper for next year. I refuse to pay the before Christmas prices for wrapping paper. I also got a Christmas toy for half price that I can take to a Christmas party this Saturday night as a white elephant gift. Now I am relaxing a bit before I will be fixing dinner. I'm just playing with my new iPad, and having fun with it.

I just glanced off the end of my porch as I was putting the chicken on the Grill. It looks like we are getting closer to the 8" than the 4", so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning...

I think that's the snow storm headed my way.

I thought this was the storm from the west, but the winds are coming straight out of the east. It makes for some strange drifting, not to mention blows right into my side porch :mad: My tootsies are cold from standing in the snow :wacko:

I thought this was the storm from the west, but the winds are coming straight out of the east. It makes for some strange drifting, not to mention blows right into my side porch :mad: My tootsies are cold from standing in the snow :wacko:
They say our storm is coming from Tennessee, then across the Great Lakes and from Toronto-ish going east.

They say our storm is coming from Tennessee, then across the Great Lakes and from Toronto-ish going east.

It's starting to sound like the perfect storm :LOL:
Must be a convergence. No wonder the wind is blowing the wrong way.

Sending Anniversary cards to my parents and to Shrek. Tomorrow will be 53 years for the 'rents and 28 years for us.

Back
Top Bottom