What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we hit the shops ;)

We have bought a new mattress :)

It is a Sealy, we just bought the mattress as we have a slat bed. It was $2199 on special for $1200 :)

We also bought a Miele Vacuum cleaner, tried it already, works a treat...did a lot of research and they say this is better than some Dysons, so that is good and a fraction cheaper too!

I am sitting here crossing another K-cup off my list. Tulley's French roast. If there was ever a cup of coffee that would make me start using sugar, this is it. The first sip made me think of the bean that spends part of its time inside of monkeys...
And shortly I will be going back outside to look for my driveway.

finally! i just now swallowed the last spoonful of a 6 ounce carton of YOGURT, voluntarily, even eagerly, at the end.:)
the winner, besides me? CHOBANI. chobani greek yogurt. it's creamy, smooth, thick and yummy. not a big deal?
i've been trying, time and again, all my life, to like yogurt. just couldn't pull it off. no matter how much fruit or blueberries i'd mix in there, that sourish-bitter yogurt taste would come crashing through, defeating my every masking attempt.
i feel finally liberated and...Happy. this first, virgin cup of chobahi's yogurt was layered at the bottom with passion fruit, but i can see there will be many, many yogurt cups ahead for me, with all kinds of fruits and berries, or with none at all.
i think i'm in love with the peculiar little man who followed his dream with a shut-down factory in upstate new york, and, in a few short years, built a giant yogurt empire, internationally known today.
he has succeeded in winning over yogurt-averse people, like me, and turning them into true believers and faithful customers. :)

so, here i am again, late to the game. but at least i do, in most instances, eventually, make it there.... .

Sitting in my fridge right now are two cups of greek yogurt from a new-to-me maker -- the brand is Liberte' -- and it's so good that it comes complete with guilt feelings. It can't be good for me, it tastes too good - like a dessert on its own. Shall I have the coconut or lemon next?? :yum:

to tin-- whichever one your yogurt spoon chooses to go first. but, more importantly, you need to make a list of all the liberte brand yogurt flavors carried by your store, and buy one of each that doesn't cause your nose to wrinkle.
then, eat your way through the entire line of creamy, luscious cartons of this greek goddess un-guilty pleasure. :)

I am very partial to the Greek Gods brand of yogurt. Just discovered it a couple weeks ago, haven't missed a day.

Phase-2 of snow clearing is complete. It took a while to get my gas walk behind snowblower going, but she came through for me.

Phase-2 of snow clearing is complete. It took a while to get my gas walk behind snowblower going, but she came through for me.

Today I am doing a Happy Dance! Starting with Christmas Dinner and all through yesterday, I had a stomach upset that kept me curled up in a fetal position. Then last night around ten it all came to an end. All it was, was a massive gas bubble that got stuck in my intestines. I was in so much pain I couldn't believe it. Getting old is really hard work.

The Pirate called me today to remind me that I no longer have any children under 40 y.o. All my kids are in or approaching middle age real fast. He also infomred that he refuses to be 50. If Brooke Sheilds can be 5'12", then he can be 4010. Next year he will be 4011. :angel:

Pac, I don't envy you. Heavy snow is hard on you. Glad you have a blower to help.

I try to look at it as a form of winter exercise.
Standing there shaking my fist at the snow while swearing loudly really gets your heart rate up there :wacko:

Today I am doing a Happy Dance! Starting with Christmas Dinner and all through yesterday, I had a stomach upset that kept me curled up in a fetal position. Then last night around ten it all came to an end. All it was, was a massive gas bubble that got stuck in my intestines. I was in so much pain I couldn't believe it. Getting old is really hard work.

The Pirate called me today to remind me that I no longer have any children under 40 y.o. All my kids are in or approaching middle age real fast. He also infomred that he refuses to be 50. If Brooke Sheilds can be 5'12", then he can be 4010. Next year he will be 4011. :angel:

I'm the youngest child in my family, and when I hit 50 my mom teased me about it. That was right after she turned 80. Guess who had the last word? Lol. she was so happy to have lived to see all of her children turn 50! Sadly, she passed away later that year, but what fun memories I have of getting teased by her and teasing her about turning 80 and having no children under 50. :)

We're driving up to visit my stepfather. My mom is off spending the holidays with my brother and sister but he hurt his back and couldn't go. I'm bringing a pan of ham and potatoes au gratin and a batch of yeast rolls for lunch.

Back
Top Bottom