What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got my internet back. A truck took out my cable this morning.
So I'm catching up.

Alternating sitting on our balcony overlooking the ocean, and packing our suitcases for the return trip to the land of ice and snow. :(

I'm glad the truck didn't take out your house, or car, or tree, or.......:glare:

I guess something must have loosened it and it was hanging to low across the road. A tractor trailer caught it. At least I found out about it right away and could report it.

I guess something must have loosened it and it was hanging to low across the road. A tractor trailer caught it. At least I found out about it right away and could report it.

Hoot had that happen too, fairly recently. Also had an internet mishap, they strung the cable over the road after it was dug up and destroyed, and the cars kept running over it.

I'm editing a document from h#ll, simmering a ham bone on the stove for stock, roasting some carrots for that soup in the oven, and kicking myself in the butt for procrastinating on finishing this edit.

Bummer about the wiper arm.

Before I bought a car, I rented Toyota Echos. The seats are nice and high off the ground (and surprisingly roomy inside). I betcha a Yaris would be comfortable for you.

I used to drive a Tercel and loved it. Not so much its replacement the Echo and when we were shopping for a new car a few years ago we went back to Toyota but weren't as impressed as I used to be. We got a Chevy Aveo instead and it is great. But that is TB's car for work and we want something bigger for me and "us" which, includes the dogs. I am thinking a Dodge Grand Caravan. :)

And our neighbour who works for ICBC (our provincial auto insurance) said that the scratch looks small, but should probably be at the very least filled or it may crack deeper, specially with all the up and down weather we are having. He is going to see if we would be covered for that. The wiper arm may be covered too because it was due to a "weather accident" and not just wear and tear.

Last edited:
Hoot had that happen too, fairly recently. Also had an internet mishap, they strung the cable over the road after it was dug up and destroyed, and the cars kept running over it.

No kidding. Must be going around ;)

Glad the tractor trailer driver is ok, and that your Internet is back.

OK? He helped me carry the dog food he was delivering to me inside :LOL: Yes, nothing like if he had hit the pole or something, it was simply hanging too low.
He was apologetic, but something catches either my internet cable or phone line every couple years or so. If you ask me there's way too much slack in those lines, but the electric is the same way and just above the other two.

OK? He helped me carry the dog food he was delivering to me inside :LOL: Yes, nothing like if he had hit the pole or something, it was simply hanging too low.
He was apologetic, but something catches either my internet cable or phone line every couple years or so. If you ask me there's way too much slack in those lines, but the electric is the same way and just above the other two.

Our old house was on a truck route and was a tiny bungalow. The lines came from across the street and went on a very obvious downward angle. I guess this and just time would stretch them and we were constantly losing cable, phone and power. Six months after we sold, they finally put the lines underground :wacko:.

It was nice of him to help you with your stuff though! We had a semi take out all our lines and our front lawn and did nothing....and he lived next door!:mad:

I'm editing a document from h#ll, simmering a ham bone on the stove for stock, roasting some carrots for that soup in the oven, and kicking myself in the butt for procrastinating on finishing this edit.
I'll bet your home has a wonderfully comforting smell to it on this cold day:yum:

I need to get off the computor & get an overnight bag packed for out hotel playland tonight with a couple of very excited girls.

Now about to tuck into the buffet food from last night, it really is a nice breakfast as well as dinner :yum:

Our old house was on a truck route and was a tiny bungalow. The lines came from across the street and went on a very obvious downward angle. I guess this and just time would stretch them and we were constantly losing cable, phone and power. Six months after we sold, they finally put the lines underground :wacko:.

It was nice of him to help you with your stuff though! We had a semi take out all our lines and our front lawn and did nothing....and he lived next door!:mad:

He was making a delivery to me, that's why he helped ;) Kind of a catch-22. I get my delivery and my lose my internet.

Usually it's the grape pickers taking them out. Since this picture was taken they have all put canopies on top of the pickers. They have to hug the side of the road to get under the lines. Sometimes they forget :rolleyes:

Attachments

• grape pickin' 5.jpg
    grape pickin' 5.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 145
I'm glad the truck didn't take out your house, or car, or tree, or.......:glare:

When I lived on Bryant Street in Everett, my next door neighbor was located right on the curve that a lot of folks didn't make. My neighbor got tired of having his picket fence taken out. So he made a couple of the posts out of cement and covered them with painted wood. After a couple of serious crashes, the city finally put a "dangerous curve" sign up. It did cause a lot of cars to slow down. Also the curve was located right across the street from an elementary school. One child was hit and seriously hurt. It is too bad that it takes something really bad to get the city or town to act. :angel:

This morning I phoned mum to wish here a Happy New Years Day :)

I have done some housework and managed to fit in some relaxation too :)

I am sitting in the hotel bar sick of dh. He has had to much to drink. Not such a fun new years eve after all. Kids are back in the room having fun. I am waiting for a pizza to bring back to the room for them. Its looking like a short night. Honestly I just want to go back home tonight.

I am sitting in the hotel bar sick of dh. He has had to much to drink. Not such a fun new years eve after all. Kids are back in the room having fun. I am waiting for a pizza to bring back to the room for them. Its looking like a short night. Honestly I just want to go back home tonight.

SB, sorry the night isn't going quite like you had planned. Try not to let dh's over imbibing spoil your evening. Perhaps you can ignore him And watch a movie with the girls or play a game with them. Remember, you are the only one responsible for your happiness, and he for his. Good luck dear and happy new year!

SB, sorry the night isn't going quite like you had planned. Try not to let dh's over imbibing spoil your evening. Perhaps you can ignore him And watch a movie with the girls or play a game with them. Remember, you are the only one responsible for your happiness, and he for his. Good luck dear and happy new year!
+1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom