What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just dropped off my 13-year-old dog at the Vet's to have him remove a growth from her foot. I'm to pick her up later today unless the Vet finds some reason to not do the procedure and has me come get her. I'm not very happy about it, for a wide range of reasons. Just hope I'm doing the right thing.

tin, rest assured, you are doing exactly the best, rightest thing you could possibly do for your dog. i'm sure the rest of the day, until you bring your doggy is safely back home, is bound to be hard on you. sorry you have to go through that. try to stay busy in the meanwhile, tin, your world will soon right itself again.:)

Thanks for the soothing words, V. -- a balm to the spirit.

I had thought of going to a movie to kill some time, but the vet tech asked me to be available for a call. Guess I'll do some reading to take my mind off.

I had thought of going to a movie to kill some time, but the vet tech asked me to be available for a call. Guess I'll do some reading to take my mind off.

Lots of reading here. Hope all goes well.:)

Tinlizzie, when our dogs get older, vets want to do blood panels and other tests to make sure their organs can withstand certain treatments and procedures. While tough on us emotionally (and financially sometimes) it is in the best interest of our furry loved ones. Our little mutt Joie had a bad allergic reaction and infection recently and they did a blood panel before putting him on cortisone. We had to wait like you, but it all worked out.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Tinlizzie and her furbabie}}}}}}}}}}}}

Let us know how it all works out.

Don't fret or worry. Your baby is going to be just fine. Easy for me to say. I get worried when Spike takes Teddy Bear to the groomers. The first place he brings him after he picks him up is to see me. That way I can stop worrying. And when he has to go once a year to the vets, I am a nervous wreck. I can't stand the idea that he is going to be getting his yearly shots. The poor baby.

Your baby is going to be just fine. You are definitely doing the right thing. Just keep in mind. Your vet and all other animal caregivers loves animals as much as you do. They only want what is best for your baby. :angel: And one for your baby. :angel:

Aww, hope things go well, TL.

I'm doing 2 weeks worth of laundry, we just got back late last night from vacation in Mexico. Thankfully I have the day off from work.

Thanks for all the support, Friends. The kind thoughts are much appreciated.

I went out to the mailbox and, how nice, there was a lot of mail in it.

Contents:
1 offer to sign up for a Life Line Screening, complete with a garish drawing of a plugged-up artery.
1 offer to register to win a free cremation.
1 official-looking flyer re "Funeral Advantage Program" for Florida seniors.

Ah, yes. The Golden Years.....

However, at the bottom of the pile was my next Netflix! Yay! :LOL:

Aww, hope things go well, TL.

I'm doing 2 weeks worth of laundry, we just got back late last night from vacation in Mexico. Thankfully I have the day off from work.

It could be worse. Just tell yourself you could be using a scrub board. And while you are doing it, think happy thoughts of all the great things you did in Mexico. Any pics coming our way? Welcome back. :angel:

Thanks for all the support, Friends. The kind thoughts are much appreciated.

I went out to the mailbox and, how nice, there was a lot of mail in it.

Contents:
1 offer to sign up for a Life Line Screening, complete with a garish drawing of a plugged-up artery.
1 offer to register to win a free cremation.
1 official-looking flyer re "Funeral Advantage Program" for Florida seniors.

Ah, yes. The Golden Years.....

However, at the bottom of the pile was my next Netflix! Yay! :LOL:

Now I don't want to go and get my mail from Saturday and today. But then maybe there is a notice from PCH saying I won $1M a year for life. :angel:

Good morning everyone :)

This morning we are off to do the grocery shopping, getting out quite early as it is going to be really hot here today!

Hope you are all having a good night/day :)

The swelling of my eyeballs has gone down considerably. And the mark and blue blacks (childrenese) have gone also. I have also notice a change in my vision. Two weeks ago, I couldn't read the computer monitor at all without glasses. Last night I sat down and forgot to put my glasses on. And I was reading just fine. I also took out my needlework and can now get back to finishing my project. I am also sitting farther away from the monitor in order to read the print. I still miss my regular glasses. I keep reaching to put them on when I am walking around. :angel:

The swelling of my eyeballs has gone down considerably. And the mark and blue blacks (childrenese) have gone also. I have also notice a change in my vision. Two weeks ago, I couldn't read the computer monitor at all without glasses. Last night I sat down and forgot to put my glasses on. And I was reading just fine. I also took out my needlework and can now get back to finishing my project. I am also sitting farther away from the monitor in order to read the print. I still miss my regular glasses. I keep reaching to put them on when I am walking around. :angel:
So pleased to hear it is going well. :angel:

I'm so glad you're feeling better Addie :) :angel:

Now I don't want to go and get my mail from Saturday and today. But then maybe there is a notice from PCH saying I won $1M a year for life. :angel:

We can always hope, can't we, Addie?

It's great to hear such fine results from your eye surgery, Addie. That's a heart-warmer.

Back
Top Bottom