What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The swelling of my eyeballs has gone down considerably. And the mark and blue blacks (childrenese) have gone also. I have also notice a change in my vision. Two weeks ago, I couldn't read the computer monitor at all without glasses. Last night I sat down and forgot to put my glasses on. And I was reading just fine. I also took out my needlework and can now get back to finishing my project. I am also sitting farther away from the monitor in order to read the print. I still miss my regular glasses. I keep reaching to put them on when I am walking around. :angel:

All sounds very positive Ads...good to hear :)

yay tl. good to hear your doggie's well.

also glad to hear your eyes are better, addie.

i'm getting ready to go back into work. god, i'm sick of the place already. i loved being out sick (with only an ouchie finger, that is).

can i win the lottery now?

Last edited:
Aww, hope things go well, TL.

I'm doing 2 weeks worth of laundry, we just got back late last night from vacation in Mexico. Thankfully I have the day off from work.
Welcome home! Getting back into routine after vacation has it's benefits, although it can be difficult to get jump started back into it. How does the weather compare? Maybe an extra blanket on the bed tonight....:angel:

yay tl. good to hear your doggie's well.

also glad to hear your eyes are better, addie.

i'm getting ready to go back into work. god, i'm sick of the place already. i loved being out sick (with only an ouchie finger, that is).

can i win the lottery now?

Try to have a good one Tom :)

Addie, so glad your eye surgery went well.

Lizzie, happy to hear your pooch is back home safe & sound.

We have been playing some of the Wii U...it is lots of fun :)

We were playing Sonic Racing, very good game and soon going to play Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 :)

Right now I am sitting here waiting for the phone to ring.

My step mother had a heart attack last night.

About 4 hours ago they started surgery to give her a pacemaker.

I am cautiously optimistic.

The waiting is so hard. I am just a bundle of sobbing blubbering crybaby nerves.

She is in California and I am in Ohio otherwise I would be there.

It's going to be a long night I think. :(

The waiting is so hard. I am just a bundle of sobbing blubbering crybaby nerves.

Oh, MrsLMB, so hoping for things to go well! Best of thoughts for you!

I am so sorry to hear about your step mother Mrs.L.

My mother-in-law went through the same procedure after her 4th heart attack 2 years ago. A pacemaker is a good thing. It will help to jump start her heart.

I sincerely feel for you. It can be a scarey time, I'm sure she knows that you are there in your positive thoughts.
Take care....:angel:

I got a phone call about an hour ago. She came through the surgery really well. The doctor and nursing staff say she has quite a strange sense of humor when she is under the influence of drugs LOL

I've not been able to speak with her yet, will give her a bit to settle in once she is home. They are planning to send her home tomorrow :ohmy:

My brother and his lady will be there for her.

She is 86 years old and was a nurse when she was younger. So I'm not sure how well she will behave as a patient .. she never had anything more than a cold her whole life.

Thanks for allowing me to vent my anxiety here, and thanks for the well wishes .. much appreciated !

wow, I missed a lot being out with my cold and tooth! The abscess in the gum "popped" yesterday and the steady throb is gone, just tender to the touch and still a swollen cheek. My sinuses are still throbbing but one pain is better than two!

Addie, do glad your eyes are doing better. Keep up the good work! :)

Lizzie, give that pup of yours a scratch behind the ears for me.

Bucky, glad your finger is better - hope work is uneventful! ;)

Mrs L, I remember the same wait for my Mom many many years ago. I am so glad she came through it well. {{{{{{{{{{{{{MrsLMB & her stepmom}}}}}}}}}}}}} I know she can feel your love!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! :)

Glad to hear the pain is reducing, LP!

I took the day off to deal with my elderly mom's issues. She's normally sharp as a tack, but has started having really strange hallucinations/dreams. Of course I first heard about this when we were out of the country with no phone service. When I called her when we got back I heard the strangest ramblings and free associations, along with anger when I told her the things she saw weren't real. My sibs and I, we all live in different states, have been calling and emailing back and forth, and I've been in contact with her nurse practitioner and her cleaning lady, who is taking her for an appt with her NP today. Mom called both my brother and me at 5:30 and 5:40 this morning, thinking it was evening, and accused my brother of moving and not telling her.

We have a plan, however. There's a short term care facility just blocks from Baby Bro, if we can get her in there, she'll be able to see the grand kids and be monitored. BB and I both talked to her about this today, and she was lucid and very excited. I'm thinking depression, a big dark house, lack of food/desire to eat might all be playing a part, along with meds. They'll also check her oxygen levels. Hopefully the NP can give us some insight. My sister the nurse just wants to stick Mom in a nursing home. They don't get along :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom