What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just got back from a nice walk with the dogs. Sure is a pretty day for a walk!

Good morning everyone :)

A lovely cool change came through last night so it has been lovely this morning, had the whole house open letting all the cool air come through...but it is going to heat up to 36c today and 41c tomorrow

Soon we are heading out to a hardware shop to buy a doorbell and a little 2 step ladder and just a look around too :)

I just got back from grocery shopping.

The health food store was out of whipping cream. It costs $5.99 for 500 ml (just over two cups), Ingredients: organic cream. It has a butterfat content of 40%.

So, I had to get the stuff from the supermarket: $4.99 for 500 ml, 35% butterfat, Ingredients: cream, milk, microcrystalline cellulose, carob bean gum, carboxymethyl cellulose, carrageenan, and polysorbate 80. :ohmy:

I just got back from grocery shopping.

The health food store was out of whipping cream. It costs $5.99 for 500 ml (just over two cups), Ingredients: organic cream. It has a butterfat content of 40%.

So, I had to get the stuff from the supermarket: $4.99 for 500 ml, 35% butterfat, Ingredients: cream, milk, microcrystalline cellulose, carob bean gum, carboxymethyl cellulose, carrageenan, and polysorbate 80. :ohmy:

Good grief! When I buy whipping cream at my supermarket it is just cream. No additives. I have never looked at the fat content, but it has always whipped up nicely for me. :angel:

Okay you guys, have you actually looked at the ingredients on your cream?

I have. Right now I have half and half. It says, "Milk and cream with disodium phosphate (a mineral salt that stops cream from separating in hot liquids.)" I am a label reader. I buy heavy cream for whipping. And the label says "Cream". Nothing else. I have never bought light cream. Too heavy for me for coffee. And that is all I would use it for. Some stores carry 'whipping cream.' I don't know what that contains. I would never consider buying it. I do know it is lighter than heavy cream and heavier than light cream.

Having lived on a farm as a kid, I do know and remember what fresh foods taste like. No additives. It is one reason I cook from scratch. :angel:

Mine says "Milk, Cream" that's it and there are two different brands, one is Great Value from Walmart and the other Western Family.

Taxy, are you talking straight cream, or cream in a can? Just wondering.

On a totally different topic, I am smiling and doing the happy dance (not easy for a crippled up person like me :LOL:). I have my big clunky ergonomic keyboard back and can type properly again! :punk:

I have been trying Dad's slimline keyboard because the tray on my new computer desk is quite small and because it is an all glass desk it is difficult to put a different one on it. There isn't a lot of room for the mouse and keyboard. But I was mixing up the keys, nothing was where its "supposed to be" and my fingers were hurting more on it. I have my old faithful back and am a happy camper once again! :mrgreen:

Mine says "Milk, Cream" that's it and there are two different brands, one is Great Value from Walmart and the other Western Family.

"Whipping cream" and heavy cream all used up over the holidays, but I am quite sure they just said "cream". My 1/2 and 1/2 says "milk, cream". It's Darigold brand (very common brand out west)

Last edited:
Taxy, are you talking straight cream, or cream in a can? Just wondering.
You can buy cream in a can?

Just regular cream from the supermarket. Around here, if it isn't organic, it's full of cr*p. Is it better in BC? Or anywhere in Canada?

So, I am sitting in the family room with Hubby. He WAS watching TV, but now he has been sleeping for about 30 minutes. Wonder if I should wake him and tell him to go to bed? I love that I have this iPad so I can sit with him when he is "watching tv". :ROFLMAO:

So, I am sitting in the family room with Hubby. He WAS watching TV, but now he has been sleeping for about 30 minutes. Wonder if I should wake him and tell him to go to bed? I love that I have this iPad so I can sit with him when he is "watching tv". :ROFLMAO:

When Shrek falls asleep watching football, I wake him up and tell him, "They did not call a timeout and it's not halftime!":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I know, I'm mean!

This afternoon I have been on the exercise bike, I get on everyday for 15 minutes, will build up to 20 minutes soon :)

Also done a heap of ironing, so good to have that out of the way :)

Now relaxing on the recliners until we go out to get some Indian takeaway for dinner :yum:

Sounds like you are really enjoying your iPad Chops, great to hear....they are fabulous and I couldn't live without mine :)

About twenty years ago my daughter bought me a computer desk with a matching storage cabinet. The poor desk has definitely seen better days. I have a wireless mouse and no mouse pad is needed. So all the finish is worn off where I use the mouse and the bare wood is showing through. I had to take a black marker and cover the wood. The keyboard tray pulls out. And the hand restboard is bare also. It had a pull out shelf down below for the printer. But I was always banging my shin on it. So I put the printer of top of the storage cabinet. I removed the pull out shelf. This desk has held up far beyond what anyone would expect. It was made for a professional office. Not a home one. It is on locking wheels and easy to pull out to clean behind. The only thing these units don't have is a side slideout shelf to write on. But with my flat screen monitor I can push that back and slide the keyboard in. And there is enough room to put my feed in the area where I removed the shelf. I love this desk. It does look like just a piece of junk now, but I will keep it as long as I can. :angel:

When Shrek falls asleep watching football, I wake him up and tell him, "They did not call a timeout and it's not halftime!":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I know, I'm mean!

I love it. And no you are not mean. Wait until there is a touchdown and then wake him so you can tell him he missed it. But you don't remember which team. :ROFLMAO: :angel:

Last edited:
I love it. And no you are not mean. Wait until there is a touchdown and then wake him so you can tell him he missed it. But you don't remember which team. :ROFLMAO: :angel:

LOL! I've done that, just started jumping up and down and hollering. Takes him a minute to figure it out.:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom