What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
knitting on gift for grand daughter. sure would like to finish it. waiting for small grocery order. nothing exciting at all.

What's the gift, Babe? I wish I could have learned how to knit, Grandma tried to teach me, bless her.

Going through Mom's papers and my notes and fielding emails from work. Gack. I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Just got back from spending the whole day with mum, wonderful day!

We went to see The Hobbit, second time for me :)

Mum bought me a choc top icecream, gee it was nice, been a long time since I have had one of them...last time for a long time too though, they are not the best for you!

After the movie we looked around the shops for awhile and then went back to mums for coffee, wonderful day :)

Good morning guys :)

Not the greatest of sleeps, it was hot overnight YUK!!

Nevermind....the day must go on!

This morning I am making lasagna for tonights dinner

Then I am off to the pictures with mum to see The Hobbit again :)

I watched The Hobbit on Sunday! Ran out of episoded for Vampire Diaries and Guys with Kids. We watched 50/50 too, not bad but it reminded me to much about my Sister's brain opp. Too close to home if you know what I mean.

My Dad kept his lifeline when he moved into here and it was really great because if TB and I were both out we knew he had that. The funny thing is the two times he used it we were home! The first was just after he came home from the hospital the first time and both bedroom doors were closed. He couldn't move or talk (we all thought stroke) and took 10 minutes to find and push the button. We woke up to the sound of the speaker in the living room. After that the doors stayed open at night and we were able to check on Dad whenever we were up. The second time Dad and I were home alone and he fell off the bed and was wedged between the bed and the wall. I couldn't get him up and was propping his head as it was at a bad angle so I pushed the button and they sent an ambulance to help us. Even a "non emergency" like that if it is an elderly person in trouble (and in this case a disabled one trying to help), they will send a truck ASAP.

I would suggest anyone who is older (or not) who has health concerns should get one. They don't always send an ambulance but will call someone on the contact list to come and check you - they do what is needed.

They will also call the fire and police dept. if necessary. :angel:

knitting on gift for grand daughter. sure would like to finish it. waiting for small grocery order. nothing exciting at all.

As you know, babetoo, everything is relative -- if I could knit something halfway presentable, let alone something good enough to give as a gift, it would be pretty exciting. :)

I've thought from time to time that surely I could make something simple, like a lap robe or baby blanket, to donate. Do you think that's feasible for a non-knitter? I would like something to do with my hands while watching TV.

Later today I'll be watching the last disc of three for DA season 2. Then it's on to Amazon instant vdeo where season 3 is closed captioned.
I just did a Google search and can't find the already aired episodes from this season though... They are on season 4, aren't they? Otherwise how could season 3 already be available if it's just now airing?

image-4163762701.jpg

We are at the park

Just got off the phone with the cardiologist's office. I am well enough that the procedure is a go! And the chance that it might not happen prompted me to talk to TB and our pastor about my fears surrounding it all and now I feel a real peace about it. The chance that anything will go wrong, or that they will find something wrong is slim, but it is good to have it looked at with my personal health history and my family heart history.

Thanks everyone for your support! I go in Friday am and will be home sometime in the late afternoon or early evening.

And Joie is doing much better too. He has figured out how to eat all the wet food "meatball" while missing the microscopic piece of pill inside it so I KNOW he is his old mischievous self. Now to find another receptacle for the meds! He isn't allowed many treats as he has pacreatitis and we are still waiting for whatever he ate to pass so I am limited in options. But I am not worried. :)

Just got off the phone with the cardiologist's office. I am well enough that the procedure is a go! And the chance that it might not happen prompted me to talk to TB and our pastor about my fears surrounding it all and now I feel a real peace about it. The chance that anything will go wrong, or that they will find something wrong is slim, but it is good to have it looked at with my personal health history and my family heart history.

Thanks everyone for your support! I go in Friday am and will be home sometime in the late afternoon or early evening.

And Joie is doing much better too. He has figured out how to eat all the wet food "meatball" while missing the microscopic piece of pill inside it so I KNOW he is his old mischievous self. Now to find another receptacle for the meds! He isn't allowed many treats as he has pacreatitis and we are still waiting for whatever he ate to pass so I am limited in options. But I am not worried. :)

Sometimes GOOD things happen to good people!

Kind of a lazy day around here today. This morning I made a large recipe of cookies as our dessert tray was nearly empty. Just one little piece of apple crisp left. Can't have a dessert "crisis" in this house.:rolleyes:

After lunch I climbed up in the attic and put the last of the boxed/put up Christmas decorations away. However, like every other year, I just glanced over and noticed I'd forgotten to put our big outdoor Moravian star away. Ugh! Oh, another day. I always forget one thing.

I'm reaching knitting withdrawal as I started a baby blanket for Glenn's son and his wife on Friday and finished it Monday afternoon. I've already made about 52 preemie hats and can make more because I still have plenty of yarn scraps, but I want to sink my knitting needles into something a little more substantial and challenging.

Right now I'm getting together my game plan for tomorrow morning because we have to get Bella to the vet early so she can be spayed. To our knowledge she's never ridden in a car and really doesn't like vehicles of any kind, so that should be an interesting task. However, I will have her in a secure pet carrier, which will reduce the danger of her getting hurt or doing any damage to the car.

I hate to have her away from home for just the overnight, but it's what is required. She's really become part of our lives and a real bright spot for both of us.

I had wanted to put out our Mardi Gras decoration on the front porch today but it's too cold to be outside for any length of time, plus it's cloudy and breezy. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and nice. It'll be a better day to be outdoors.

I think I'll just kick back and listen to my audio book for a while.

Last edited:
Got season 2 of Downton Abbey under my belt.
It's starting to get hilarious it is so easy to figure the next move.
And I darn near have everybody's names figured out, though Isabel still throws me now and then ;^)

And The Angels Are Watching

I just talked to my daughter. She went to see her oncologist today. There is still some swelling in her brain. But he said that is normal. It takes a long time for that to go away completely.

The chemo is working. The cancer is shrinking. He said that there may be just a little bit left at the end of the year and they will decide whether to continue the chemo then or go back in and try to remove the last of it surgically.

The best day since last August. Thank you all for the angels. I do notice them and send each of you a silent thank you. I do know in my heart that they are definitely watching over her. One can never have to many angels. :angel: And one for all of you. :angel:

I just talked to my daughter. She went to see her oncologist today. There is still some swelling in her brain. But he said that is normal. It takes a long time for that to go away completely.

The chemo is working. The cancer is shrinking. He said that there may be just a little bit left at the end of the year and they will decide whether to continue the chemo then or go back in and try to remove the last of it surgically.

The best day since last August. Thank you all for the angels. I do notice them and send each of you a silent thank you. I do know in my heart that they are definitely watching over her. One can never have to many angels. :angel: And one for all of you. :angel:

Glad things are getting better, Addie. I will keep praying and here is an angel for each of you! :innocent::innocent:

Back
Top Bottom