What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got off the phone with the cardiologist's office. I am well enough that the procedure is a go! And the chance that it might not happen prompted me to talk to TB and our pastor about my fears surrounding it all and now I feel a real peace about it. The chance that anything will go wrong, or that they will find something wrong is slim, but it is good to have it looked at with my personal health history and my family heart history.

Thanks everyone for your support! I go in Friday am and will be home sometime in the late afternoon or early evening.

And Joie is doing much better too. He has figured out how to eat all the wet food "meatball" while missing the microscopic piece of pill inside it so I KNOW he is his old mischievous self. Now to find another receptacle for the meds! He isn't allowed many treats as he has pacreatitis and we are still waiting for whatever he ate to pass so I am limited in options. But I am not worried. :)

Remember, I was having a heart attack while they did my angio and I was out of the hospital and grocery shopping 7 hours later. You will do fine, make sure you tease the techs.:)

Remember, I was having a heart attack while they did my angio and I was out of the hospital and grocery shopping 7 hours later. You will do fine, make sure you tease the techs.:)

I have had so many angios, that I am on first name basis with the doctor and the rest of the staff. Pretty soon we will be meeting socially. :angel:

Just finished making 10 gallons of homemade liquid laundry detergent. I've made it so many times that I've streamlined the process so that it takes me less than 20 minutes from start to finish. All those gallon bottles of detergent look really nice on the shelf and my hands are so clean and soft I can hardly stand them.

I have had so many angios, that I am on first name basis with the doctor and the rest of the staff. Pretty soon we will be meeting socially. :angel:

I am now feeling totally good about the whole thing - not nervous, not worrying that what happened to my Mom will happen to me. I just want to get it over with so I can prove to them there is nothing wrong with my heart and get on with things :angel::)

Princess, I may not go grocery shopping (it's all done), but I will be looking forward to the slow braised pork dish waiting in the crockpot that I have wanted to cook for a week! I have to be up early in the morning to drink water, shower, etc., so I will prep it tonight, finish it in the morning, turn it on and by the time we are home and ready to eat it will be YUM!

Just finished making 10 gallons of homemade liquid laundry detergent. I've made it so many times that I've streamlined the process so that it takes me less than 20 minutes from start to finish. All those gallon bottles of detergent look really nice on the shelf and my hands are so clean and soft I can hardly stand them.

Katie, is the recipe available on DC? Sounds interesting to me. I hate buying detergent. :angel:

Good morning :)

Wow, what a hot night it was...when we went to bed it was still 36c :ohmy:

We set the air con to go off at 3am this morning, so we sleep pretty well, but it is so hot in here now, so air con is back on to cool the house down...roll on Autumn I say :)

This morning I am heading out to look for a new quilt cover...I am going to get a nice white one...all white and cotton of course :)

Then a big of a look around the shops!

I am now feeling totally good about the whole thing - not nervous, not worrying that what happened to my Mom will happen to me. I just want to get it over with so I can prove to them there is nothing wrong with my heart and get on with things :angel::)

Princess, I may not go grocery shopping (it's all done), but I will be looking forward to the slow braised pork dish waiting in the crockpot that I have wanted to cook for a week! I have to be up early in the morning to drink water, shower, etc., so I will prep it tonight, finish it in the morning, turn it on and by the time we are home and ready to eat it will be YUM!

LP, the hardest part of the whole procedure is for you to lie still for a few hours after. A good time to schedule a nap. You won't even know what they are doing. They will start with an IV, then give you something to relax you. When they are ready to start, they will put you to sleep. When they are done, they will reverse the medication and you will wake up in bed. It is one of the simplest procedures you could ever have done. One time when I was scheduled for a cath procedure, I even took the elevator and walked up to the cath lab. They did have to lower the table so I could get up on it instead of them transferring me from the guerney to the table.

Good luck and make sure you let us know how it went after you have the braised pork rroast. YUM! :angel:

Only went grocery shopping because Shrek was hungry and I didn't want to sit in the car. :LOL:

I'm tired more mentally than physically. Spent the whole day up at the hospital. Just took a long hot shower, relaxing in my recliner before shortly going to bed.

Have been out most of the day, looking for a white cotton quilt cover and some other bits and pieces

Managed to find a lovely quilt cover :)

It is a lovely day here weather wise too, gotta love a cool change ;)

I am just putting together a light snack to take with my evening pills. The last thing I can eat until after my angio tomorrow. Just some tsatsiki on a rice thin with some grapes.

I am feeling very good about everything. :)

Been doing some ironing this afternoon, then cut Steve's hair when he got home, had some lovely Indian takeaway and now relaxing with a cuppa :)

Ads, that is fabulous news :)

I just talked to my daughter. She went to see her oncologist today. There is still some swelling in her brain. But he said that is normal. It takes a long time for that to go away completely.

The chemo is working. The cancer is shrinking. He said that there may be just a little bit left at the end of the year and they will decide whether to continue the chemo then or go back in and try to remove the last of it surgically.

The best day since last August. Thank you all for the angels. I do notice them and send each of you a silent thank you. I do know in my heart that they are definitely watching over her. One can never have to many angels. :angel: And one for all of you. :angel:

Yesterday we went out and bought a new blu ray player and also The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Extended Edition Box Set...not a bad price for that at $95.00 :)

We bought a Sony blu ray player, it is very good and we watched the 1st LOTR last night and it was brilliant quality, ever so clear :)

Now time to buy loads of blu ray movies ;)

Spent most of the day returning chritsmas gifts that i had no use for or did not fit.. then took the cash and bought yet another pair of sunglasses... This addiction is getting out of control...

Spent most of the day returning chritsmas gifts that i had no use for or did not fit.. then took the cash and bought yet another pair of sunglasses... This addiction is getting out of control...

How many eyes do you have, Q?

We just got back from a walk with Beagle, very nice and sunny, but wind is picking up.

Last edited:
Sounds like you collect sunglasses like I collect firearms, Q.
I acquired Springfield model 1911 that was made in 1915 earlier in the week. So of course I got rid of a Colt that never really grew on me and purchased a modern Springfield 1911 today. Something spoke to me and said I had to have the new one, too :wacko:

I just got back from shopping. Changed my whole dinner plans around, which was fine by me. On the way home I was following a car with the license plate SUE CHEF. I thought that was pretty cool. You're only allowed seven, but then again her name might have been Sue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom