What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you collect sunglasses like I collect firearms, Q.
I acquired Springfield model 1911 that was made in 1915 earlier in the week. So of course I got rid of a Colt that never really grew on me and purchased a modern Springfield 1911 today. Something spoke to me and said I had to have the new one, too :wacko:

I just got back from shopping. Changed my whole dinner plans around, which was fine by me. On the way home I was following a car with the license plate SUE CHEF. I thought that was pretty cool. You're only allowed seven, but then again her name might have been Sue.

I was like that with guns when i was younger.. sunglasses are way cheaper..

That's funny. I used to have a dozen pair of sunglasses I'd rotate through when I was younger. Some freebies, some over $100.
I guess tastes change :cool:

I prefer not to collect anything. It all has to be dusted. When I buy something, it has to have a purpose and be useful. But my daughter had other ideas. She started a collection of very expensive crystal items that all have a meaning to my life. Of course they all have to be dusted. So I immediately got a small closed cabinet for them. I never open the door and they stay nice and clean. Of course it has already been decided that they will go back to her when I die. She will continue to add to them for her daughter. :angel:

I still like my guns.. just not as avid as i used to be.. theres a few i wish i could have back.. my m1 garrand(sp) being the first one..

I HATE dusting, Addie. I used to be so good at it, too. At least as far as doing it regularly. Thank heavens for Swiffers, lol.

I've got two M1's, Q. A WWII issue Springfield and a Winchester M1D (sniper). I'd like to have back some of my handguns from the eighties though... I guess there are always things you wish you still had...
Do you still have any milsurps?
Do you have any you want to get rid of any? :mrgreen:

L2Q, Here's my one display.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 142
Russian SVT40. I love it, too, especially with the Arctic birch stock. You almost need two sets of muffs when you shoot it though. It goes bang... LOUDLY, lol.
The Holy grail is on top though. A Walther K43. Only 125,000 made and that has the waffenampts all over it.

I shoot them all, Kylie, but some more regularly than others. For instance, that K43 was known for having a soft receiver due to the Germans trying to pump them out too quickly towards the end of the war. If it cracks (and they have) the rifle loses probably half its value. Plus they don't make replacement parts if anyting else breaks. The better quality the gun the more I tend to shoot it.

That's a neat shotgun, Taxy. I like the look of vintage shotties with their wood. Too bad you don't have it anymore.
You Canadians are lucky when it comes to military surplus collecting. We easily pay double down here for a lot of Russian stuff because they aren't allowed into the country anymore, since Clinton. Those SVT40's are relatively cheap up there. What we have down here is all we are ever going to get.

I just finished eating lunch; two toasted cheese sandwiches and some split pea soup. Now I am wondering why the games are starting so late today, but at least we don't have an 8:30 night game. I might just find another movie to watch for a couple hours.

I've been watching Man Vs Food. Downloaded 1 series. Never seen anyone eat so much in my life!!! Has anyone watched this?

Yeah I've seen it. Watched it when it first came on. That guy was quite a bit smaller than he is now .. wonder why !!

It's sometimes a little too disgusting to watch him .. but depending on what the show description says I do watch it occasionally.

Today we're making up the wedding guest lists. Hoping to keep it kind of small. Looking forward to a nice dinner with my son and his fiancee and her family.

Back
Top Bottom