What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck with that Addie.

Why did they schedule painting after the new bathroom floor? I was always taught to start at the top an work down (except when power washing outside walls).

HUD will be here on February 1st to inspect my apartment again for the fourth time. They were supposed to paint it three years ago. There are three other apartments also that needed work done.

I know. Start at the top and work you way down. Two different companies. One for the floor and one for painting. The floor guy did a fantastic job. The painter, what can I say. I do not want him back here to fix all his mistakes. They have maintenance men that do a great job painting and cleaning apartments. I want one of them to come. :angel:

you know you're in for a fight when the ear flaps were down.

did anyone else's mom put you in a layer of socks, then plastic bags, then a layer of wool socks and into your workboots for waterproofing before going out to play?

I lived on the prairies (Saskatchewan) until I was 7. My Mom knit my sister and I scarves that were 1 foot wide and 6 feet long. From the time I was in kindergarten she would put me in my parka and snow pants, boots and mittens and then "mummify" me with that scarf! My eyes were about the only thing that showed and that was just enough to see where I was going! I would walk to school like that (for three winters), roll down the mound of dirt we called our "hill" at the end of our street, throw snowballs, you name it. That scarf was my armour against the cold and I would stay out for hours in it! Ah, the memories! :)

How long before your cat loses interest? Shreddy is only good for about three minutes of laser pointer entertainment, and then only if it has been weeks.

We rotate it with other toys. If he plays with it too often he just ignores it. First time he saw it (he was still a kitten) he went up and sniffed it. When it didn't smell like anything he went back and laid down. As he's gotten older he's become less selective about what he'll chase. Shadows, laser pointer dots, light reflections, rainbows from prisms. He figured out that we were the ones controlling them and after that he liked chasing them. He'll actually wait at our feet expectantly if he sees us pick up a prism, mirror or laser pointer, or one of the objects we use to make shadows for him to chase.

He'll usually chase any of them for 3 to 7 minutes (roughly) so long as we've been good about rotating through them and his actual physical toys (balls, bells, mice, feathers and string).

A Google search brought me no closer to putting this in context. Could you please expound?

It was my son Daniel's fish. He jumped out the tank and went splat.:( Poor thing still swam for a few hours before going belly up! I replaced him with an almost identical fish but my son noticed he had a bit of orange in his tail. I told him Big Blue was feeling a bit flushed after falling on the floor, thank goodness he believed me! Didn't have the heart to tell him his fish was flushed down the loo!

I am trying to get the energy up to get doing some housework. Violet has decided that Sunday is a day of play and is desperately trying to persuade me with every toy imaginable and that irresistible "puppy dog eyes" look she has perfected. So I guess I will give in to her one more time before tackling the bathroom. :LOL:

lol, snip.

i did the same thing with my son's goldfish, goldie and swimmer. they died when i was cleaning the tank (new water too warm, i think?), so before he got home from school i drove all over the county looking for fish that looked similar. he saw the differences, but i sold hiim on it. to this day he doesn't know. and never needs to.

actually, i've replaced goldie twice. :cool:

lol, snip.

i did the same thing with my son's goldfish, goldie and swimmer. they died when i was cleaning the tank (new water too warm, i think?), so before he got home from school i drove all over the county looking for fish that looked similar. he saw the differences, but i sold hiim on it. to this day he doesn't know. and never needs to.

Think we've all done it :LOL: Why hurt their feeling if you don't have to hey?
This fish jumped out though. You always add some of the old water to the new and let the water come to the same temp as the old before putting the fish back.
Luckily Big Blue was a guppy, they are easy to replace since they look so similar.

lol, snip.

:LOL:

Reminds me of a story about my mom. When she was very little, her family had a beloved blond cocker spaniel. The dog died without her knowledge when she was visiting relatives, so her dad looked all over for another cocker, and found one, only it was black. Her mother carefully explained that the dog had changed color in her absence. Mom pondered this for awhile, then asked, "What color Daddy now?"

The U.S. Skating Championships for 2014 are coming to Boston next January. The winners from that will go on to the Olympics in February. My daughter is going to get tickets for us to go see it. I want to go the second day. That is the day the girls usually skate and they put on a skating show at the end. :angel:

I thought I'd start a thread about nothing (ala Seinfeld ;)).
I know there are times I do something and have no one to share it with, no matter how mundane. And I don't do the FB thing, all though I certainly get spammed enough from them. Probably from someone's email list that I'm on :rolleyes:
So if you join in fine, if you read along fine, if you put this thread on your ignore list, well that's fine, too :LOL:

So tonight I'll be "doing" this.

View attachment 11380

I found this sucker under the eave of my chicken coop when I went to check on their water. I'm lucky I didn't bump the coop with the lawn mower earlier today :ohmy: It's quite active, but I'm hoping to deactivate it after it gets dark :mrgreen:

If you can reach it from the ground, when it cools down enough and ther is no activity around the hive you can put a plastic bag over it and take the whole thing down and seal the top and dispose of it..But you have to be quick

Back
Top Bottom