What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can reach it from the ground, when it cools down enough and ther is no activity around the hive you can put a plastic bag over it and take the whole thing down and seal the top and dispose of it..But you have to be quick
That post was from July 2011. I suspect it has been taken care of by now. ;)

Good morning everyone :)

It is the official Australia Day public holiday here today :)

We are heading out for a walk this morning, then some fish and chips for lunch and then back home to watch some movies this afternoon

Violet won out and I played with her for a solid hour, mostly her favourite game of "keep away". I should explain that Violet does not know she is a dog and does not know how to play like one, even though we have tried for 8 years to teach her catch (with a ball that is, treats she can catch from 25 feet :LOL:), tug of war, etc. to no avail. Her idea of playing is to come up to you with a toy and then you chase her all over the house or yard pretending to try and take it from her. But don't you dare actually take it because then she just goes and pouts :LOL:. Another favourite is you holding her favourite chicken scented nylabone while she chomps on the other end - one of her few toys that has lasted a few years!

So I am tired now and am searching Pintrest and IKEA for storage ideas I can afford for my craft/cake room. Joey is contentedly playing with one of his fleecy toys and Violet is sulking because no one is paying attention to her. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

I think I even posted a followup on me taking care of that nest...

I do not envy cleaning that pan, Dawg!

I just stumbled on your thread while searching for info on Perogies and never paid attention to the date of your posting and I figured it was wothwhile to offer a suggestion for your Dilema, through the years I have had some experiences with those buggers

They are a canstant battle for me, too. I had some under a crawlspace late last summer I had a heckuva time with. I finally had to suck it up and take the vent off under their nest at night and blindly reach in with the drione dust blasting and a mirror. It took me two nights, but I killed the nest.

I just stumbled on your thread while searching for info on Perogies and never paid attention to the date of your posting and I figured it was wothwhile to offer a suggestion for your Dilema, through the years I have had some experiences with those buggers

No problem! We like solutions, especially for wasps and hornets! Threads get resurrected here all the time, sometimes with better answers than the original ones.

Have been on our walk and also done a bit of general gardening, now enjoying a cuppa and then it is onto some housework, unfortunatley :rolleyes:

if you layer paper towels beneath and above the bacon, it won't burn. only then, the towels will soak up most of your rendered bacon grease. (oh nooo)

I know, Vit. Love the grease, so I only put a paper towel on top. The first batch turned out fine.

Even Beagle turned up her nose at the burned bacon.

Oh my! I have never seen that happen. I have had bacon that was hard from the microwave, but never burnt.

I know, I'm just talented! :LOL:

I kept zipping around doing other stuff and hitting the start button, not paying attention.

Last edited:
I like bacon good & crispy. if you crumble it & mix it with whipped cream cheese mixed with shredded cheese & sliced green olives it makes a great cheeseball!

I like bacon good & crispy. if you crumble it & mix it with whipped cream cheese mixed with shredded cheese & sliced green olives it makes a great cheeseball!

This bacon is more than crispy, it's incinerated! The dog wouldn't even touch it. I pitched it.

Your recipe sounds yummy, SB, and I plan to try it next time my bacon is the way it should be!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom