What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been out doing mystery shopping jobs this morning, just finishing up the reports online and then I am done :)

This afternoon I am going to head out for a walk and then get dinner prepared as we are having mum over for dinner tonight :)

Kylie, do your inlaws live near you? :angel:

I have been out doing mystery shopping jobs this morning, just finishing up the reports online and then I am done :)

This afternoon I am going to head out for a walk and then get dinner prepared as we are having mum over for dinner tonight :)

How are you serving her?!?:)

We had a lovely dinner with mum tonight, it is so nice to catch up and chat the night away :)

I made Creme Fraiche Chicken with a garden salad, it was so tasty :)

We then took a walk around our garden, we do it every time mum comes over :LOL:

Now about to retire to the lounge and watch some Masterchef :)

Speaking of med/rare, I was talking to someone yesterday who just got back from a cruise to Hawaii. He said he was in a restaurant in San Fran and when they asked how he wanted his steak he said, med/rare. Then he was told they can no longer cook steaks rarer than medium in CA :wacko: Any truth to that? Is this really what it's coming down to? That's nuts.

Ads, Steve's dad died 2 years ago and was stil living in England and Steve's mum lives in England too

I thought that might be the case. You have mentioned having been to England. How is his mother doing? Any chance of her coming to Austrailia to stay a while for a visit or even to stay permanently? Does he have siblings in England that can keep an eye on her? I know. I am being nosey. But you seem so close to your mother. So I couldn't help wonder about Steve's parents. You never mentioned them.

I am very fortunate. My kids live just seconds from me and check on me all the time. In fact every day. It is almost as if they never left home and went out on their own. I find myself cooking for them instead of them cooking for me. This Sunday I have to make a large pan of mac anc cheese so we can eat a late supper while we are watching DA. :angel:

Speaking of med/rare, I was talking to someone yesterday who just got back from a cruise to Hawaii. He said he was in a restaurant in San Fran and when they asked how he wanted his steak he said, med/rare. Then he was told they can no longer cook steaks rarer than medium in CA :wacko: Any truth to that? Is this really what it's coming down to? That's nuts.

I have gotten that also. I like my beef rare and have been told they can't or won't cook meat rare. I have also seen it stated on menues. McD's, BK, Wendy's and other fast foods here over cook their burgers to the point they are almost like leather. The Cheesecake Factory is the same. So now when I go out to a restaurant I order meatloaf. As long as they give plenty of gravy, I am happy. :angel:

i know that if i want a rare hamburger that i probably have to cook it myself, and i do. had not been aware of restaurants refusing to cook steaks rare or medium rare. if this is the case though, i suspect it might be the natural consequence of our society being so quick to sue at every turn--when their hot coffee is served piping hot, when their dish detergent is lemon-flavored (but not for consumption), or when their drug rehab facility has failed to cure their crack cocaine habit....

Blessed event this morning. I went out to fill the bird feeder and found that the Monarch chrysalis had hatched. Exactly two weeks and one day since it started pupating. That was fun!

Attachments

• fresh monarch.jpg
    fresh monarch.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 151
Blessed event this morning. I went out to fill the bird feeder and found that the Monarch chrysalis had hatched. Exactly two weeks and one day since it started pupating. That was fun!

Pretty neat.
Will you be posting the time lapsed video? ;)

We get a lot of Monarchs through here in the Fall, but they are probably just migrating.

i know that if i want a rare hamburger that i probably have to cook it myself, and i do. had not been aware of restaurants refusing to cook steaks rare or medium rare. if this is the case though, i suspect it might be the natural consequence of our society being so quick to sue at every turn--when their hot coffee is served piping hot, when their dish detergent is lemon-flavored (but not for consumption), or when their drug rehab facility has failed to cure their crack cocaine habit....

This kind of thing never happens in SA. If you burn yourself with hot coffee tough luck! If you want a rare steak or burger you can get it anywhere and Sue is a woman's name, not an action you perform to blame someone else for your stupidity :LOL:

Thanks for the update and pic. Like LP I too have a smile on my face. :angel:

This kind of thing never happens in SA. If you burn yourself with hot coffee tough luck! If you want a rare steak or burger you can get it anywhere and Sue is a woman's name, not an action you perform to blame someone else for your stupidity :LOL:

Well said. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom