What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just counting myself lucky (but still keeping my fingers crossed) about the pump on the water system. I was putting in a load of wash, tub was about half full, when the water just stopped. My first luck was that the guy was on a call not far from my house and it only took him about 45 minutes to stop by. The second bit of luck was that the pump was not dead; I got away with just the charge for a service call. Could have been a whole lot worse. Don't ask me what he did -- it all looks like magic to me.

Now where shall I spend all the money I saved? :LOL:

I would have asked what he did, in case it happens again. Maybe it was just a tripped breaker.

well, happy hoarding, then, tin.:) dontcha just love saving money like that though? i had been getting messages on my computer for weeks, reminding me that my mcafee security was going to expire on 2-06-13. i finally dragged myself over to mcafee on 2-05-13 to pay for a year's security coverage, and couldn't get logged into my account. next, i was unable to reset my password...finally, i put a call through to india, where it was 1.00a.m. the next day, and a nice lady told me, in her lovely, lilting indian-accented voice, that i already have mcafee coverage through november, 2013, and do i wish to make a transfer of that coverage to the pc that is about to lose its mcafee protection (tomorrow)? "why YES, that's exactly the reason for my calling you today, 'helen' (and i'm no longer thinking angry thoughts about our outsourcing jobs overseas, by now)" and, is that your real name, helen?"
if you have followed my tortured story to its conclusion, all there is left to decide is this: how much money did i actually save with this call to mcafee? can you believe i am now earnestly trying to trick myself into believing i have $89.99 free money to spend, even though i know for a fact that it would only have cost me $49.99 for the mcafee security package, once they discounted it (as i knew they would do--from the original price) :)

so anyway, what i finally did, was order out my dinner the other night, a delicious indian chicken curry, cause curry was all that was on my mind after connecting with helen, in india....oh, and i figure i still have $30.00 left from this 'windfall' to play with, another day....:)

Last edited:
Just got home from a little shopping, participation in a Flashmob and got the Facility signed up for this year's Relay For Life. Our theme this year is Superheros...now I need a costume and one for Shrek.

I am really sorry I got my prescriptions changed to Costco, now. They told me it would take 15 minutes...do you know how much I can pick up in 15 minutes at Costco? And I didn't even have a cart...

I just got back from shopping not too long ago, too. Before that I loaded up some ammo.

we had a man walk into my kroger's supermarket last week, carrying a loaded rifle, scaring the bejeebees out of many grocery shoppers and employees. a call was placed to 911. as it turned out, the young man was perfectly within his rights, just wishing to make a statement regarding his right to bear arms...even so, i'm glad i didn't run out of bread that day....

we had a man walk into my kroger's supermarket last week, carrying a loaded rifle, scaring the bejeebees out of many grocery shoppers and employees. a call was placed to 911. as it turned out, the young man was perfectly within his rights, just wishing to make a statement regarding his right to bear arms...even so, i'm glad i didn't run out of bread that day....

Yes, they are out there. People perfectly within their rights, but that like to draw attention to the fact.
Five or six years ago I thought Giant Eagle had hired a security person, but when I asked the cashier she said no. It was probably someone from the local university the way he was decked out in black and had his handgun exposed. The local university gets a lot of people training in criminal justice and related fields.

I live in Montana, there is always someone toting a gun in a holster or a rifle down the street. I know there are lot more that have concealed carry permits. I've grown up with it. No problem.

Yeah .. within his rights but I think that is just a bit too much.

How is a person supposed to distinguish the nutjob from the person just making a statement in this day and age?

Some things are just way too out of hand and people are pushing the envelope a bit too far :(

Yeah .. within his rights but I think that is just a bit too much.

How is a person supposed to distinguish the nutjob from the person just making a statement in this day and age?

Some things are just way too out of hand and people are pushing the envelope a bit too far :(

I agree with you on this.

I grew up in a home with many hunting rifles and shotguns, I am not in any way opposed to gun ownership.

I do think in cases like this one the only thing it proves is that the person pulling the stunt is not mature enough to own a gun.

People are pushing the envelope for sure.
But in all honesty, people only tend to push back against someone else pushing.

But this is straying a bit from what are you doing today :)

Right now I am watching The Alamo. The new version.

I'm rewatching Brokeback Mountain and contemplating what I am going to do with Costco-size bags of Craisins that DH insisted on buying, and almonds. Yeeks. Have a feeling some almond butter and trail mix are in the works. Will have to package stuff up for DH and I to take to work.

Last edited:
I love all my Kindles. Just got DH and me each the Paperwhite, what a cool little device!

DL, we both have a Kindle 3 at the moment...we are getting the Paperwhite ones too...just waiting for them to be on sale here which is on the 12th February....not long to go now :) :)

Last edited:
Just got home from catering a dinner at church, it's been a long day, glad to be sitting with my feet up.

DL, we have Kindle 3 at the moment...we are getting the Paperwhite ones too...just waiting for them to be on sale here which is on the 12th February....not long to go now :) :)

Kylie, you will love them! I got mine, as my elderly K2 quit holding its charge, then DH wanted one as his K2 got damaged. We got the Paperwhite cases that put them to sleep.

My K2 has a waterproof case, so that will still be for pool reading.

Last edited:
contemplating what I am going to do with Costco-size bags of Craisins that DH insisted on buying, and almonds. Yeeks. Have a feeling some almond butter and trail mix are in the works. Will have to package stuff up for DH and I to take to work.

Dawg, we always have a Costco size bag of Craisins on hand. I add them to my coleslaw, use them in stuffing for pork chops or chicken, toss them into salads (especially spinach) put them in muffins and breads put them on/in hot cereal, use them in cookies and fudge, you will find lots of uses for them and the almonds too! Enjoy!

Dawg, we always have a Costco size bag of Craisins on hand. I add them to my coleslaw, use them in stuffing for pork chops or chicken, toss them into salads (especially spinach) put them in muffins and breads put them on/in hot cereal, use them in cookies and fudge, you will find lots of uses for them and the almond too! Enjoy!

Thanks for the great ideas, Bunny!

I'm rewatching Brokeback Mountain and contemplating what I am going to do with Costco-size bags of Craisins that DH insisted on buying, and almonds. Yeeks. Have a feeling some almond butter and trail mix are in the works. Will have to package stuff up for DH and I to take to work.

Craisin scones!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom