What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatever gave you the idea I had a logical mind?
I'm the guy that tried to use a leaf blower to dry a floor... and it was working well, too... until the smoke alarms went off :LOL:

Are you saving the leaves or you simply want them removed from the gravel so the gravel looks nice?
If it was me... I'd fire up the big propane torch and torch them all. Just don't hold the torch too long in one spot or the gravel will POP. Ask me how I know that :ermm: Darn things are hot, too!

I would probably just rake them on a windy day. What won't blow away will probably stick to the tines.

I'm not saving the leaves. Propane torch notwithstanding, your answer was, how shall I put it, unresponsive to the question. Ain't got a torch, either, anyway. Popped gravel -- geez -- OK, how did you know that? :LOL:

Whatever gave you the idea I had a logical mind?
I'm the guy that tried to use a leaf blower to dry a floor... and it was working well, too... until the smoke alarms went off :LOL:

Are you saving the leaves or you simply want them removed from the gravel so the gravel looks nice?
If it was me... I'd fire up the big propane torch and torch them all. Just don't hold the torch too long in one spot or the gravel will POP. Ask me how I know that :ermm: Darn things are hot, too!

I would probably just rake them on a windy day. What won't blow away will probably stick to the tines.

I think, "Creative Mind" would be a better description...

Two necessary ingredients are missing - 1 cup of Chianti and a pinch of cinnamon. Then it can be called "world's best" :chef:

And me without any wine :rolleyes:
I use cinnamon in my chili, but red gravy? I'd have to give that one some thought. It does taste good though. And the temps have plummeted. A good night for turning on the oven and making lasagna.

The cinnamon tip came from my MIL's Italian neighbor. You don't taste it, but it counters the acidic flavor of the tomatoes; then you can reduce the amount of added sugar.

I can add sugar without making it sweet, but for some reason when I add cinnamon I always get that underlying flavor that it's there, which I like in chili. I've had friends ask what that flavor was because they can't place it. I'm just not sure I want it in my spaghetti sauce and don't want to play with it. Not this time anyway. Maybe next time.

I did change the recipe somewhat though. There's no way that much sauce is only getting two cloves of garlic :)

I did change the recipe somewhat though. There's no way that much sauce is only getting two cloves of garlic :)

+1

Next time, have some Chianti on hand, too ;)

I'm about to leave for Master Gardener class. Just finished copying our draft of the garden design for the class.

btw, I'm listening to a Sheryl Crow station on Pandora. I really like it, but gave Alanis Morrisette a thumbs down. Just can't get over how the supposely Ironic things in that song are really just Bummers. :rolleyes:

I'm just happy I finally got to use that bottle of fennel someone told me I needed in my spice cabinet.
if you still have some fennel seeds, try searing a couple of pork tenderloins in grapeseed oil, then nestle them into a baking dish with some peeled and quartered granny smith apples and onions (that were quickly sauteed before grapeseed oil.) smear a good layer of wholegrain dijon mustard onto the tops of the tenderloins, then press a few tbsps of fennel seeds into the mustard. dot the apples and onions with butter, and bake uncovered at 400 until the pork is cooked medium rare to medium.

good stuff. :chef:

I like to cut a few strips of the yellow part of lemon peel with a potato peeler, to add to pasta sauce and then pull them out when it's done.

if you still have some fennel seeds, try searing a couple of pork tenderloins in grapeseed oil, then nestle them into a baking dish with some peeled and quartered granny smith apples and onions (that were quickly sauteed before grapeseed oil.) smear a good layer of wholegrain dijon mustard onto the tops of the tenderloins, then press a few tbsps of fennel seeds into the mustard. dot the apples and onions with butter, and bake uncovered at 400 until the pork is cooked medium rare to medium.

good stuff. :chef:
Sounds wonderful! That one is a keeper, will definitely try it out. Haven't worked with grapeseed oil before, do you get it at a specialty store? does it withstand a pretty high temp.?

Off to do the grocery shopping and then straight home as it is going to be so hot today, want to be home in the air conditioning :)

I am sitting here trying to get up the energy to jump into the shower. have been stalling all day. Don't know why. Just in a lazy streak.

I also have realized I am due for another hair cut. When it gets to three fingers long from the scalp, it is time for a close clipping. Maybe I will schedule it for my birthday next month. I get a pixie cut. Really close to the scalp. :angel:

+1

Next time, have some Chianti on hand, too ;)

I'm about to leave for Master Gardener class. Just finished copying our draft of the garden design for the class.

btw, I'm listening to a Sheryl Crow station on Pandora. I really like it, but gave Alanis Morrisette a thumbs down. Just can't get over how the supposely Ironic things in that song are really just Bummers. :rolleyes:

I had a friend in Tacoma that that took the Master Gardener course. He got so good at it, they asked him to teach the course and man the phones to answer questions. He really loved :wub: gardening. I think in another life he was a farmer. :angel:

Sounds wonderful! That one is a keeper, will definitely try it out. Haven't worked with grapeseed oil before, do you get it at a specialty store? does it withstand a pretty high temp.?

nope, not a specialty store, just the regular supermarket next to the olive oils. but there's so many ethnicities here that it mght be considered normal, whereas in other parts you might have to look in a mediterranean or mddle eastern market.

and yes, it has a high smoking point and not much flavour, so it's good to use for searing and if you don't want say an olive or peanut oil taste.

Steve has recently come home from work and he surprised me with the new Paperwhite Kindle, what a sweet husband I have :)

I knew it had just been released a couple of days ago, but didnt know Steve was buying me one...I am thrilled!

It is so much better than my existing Kindle as it has a lovely crisp white background and also is touchscreen...I love it :)

Thanks Pac :)

We dont really do Valentines....so it wasnt a Valentines present, it was just because the Kindles were released here at this store yesterday :LOL:

I was reading last night in bed and it is brilliant, love the pure whiteness of the screen and you can adjust it to your liking :)

I also love the touchscreen...I am very impressed with it :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom