What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's colder than crap here today but beautifully sunny and I've been spending my time in my studio...playing. So far I have made three pastry cloths to replace the 20+ year old ones that are about to fall apart, then I'm going to do some organizing and, finally, set things up to make some doll clothes. Once that's done, I'll just see how the spirit moves me. My studio is bright and cheerful and, today, wonderfully filled with sunshine. I love being there even on gloomy days. My Glenn was a real sweetheart to have built it for me.

And he is adored by a feline...wow, does he have a brother???:)

This morning it is so hot YUK!!

We set up a soaker hose out the back along the back fence to water all our plants along there :)

Also have been trying to clean the steel rings around the burners on our stovetop...it is such a hard job scrubbing them with a scourer

Does anyone know of an easier way?

I have tried a mix of bi carb soda and water, made it into a paste and used that, but that doesnt help a great deal :rolleyes:

I thought someone posted a way to clean these parts here a while back, but I don't recall exactly what it was. I think it had something to do with putting the parts in a plastic bag with ammonia? Something about the fumes? Maybe that will jar someone else's memory.

This morning it is so hot YUK!!

We set up a soaker hose out the back along the back fence to water all our plants along there :)

Also have been trying to clean the steel rings around the burners on our stovetop...it is such a hard job scrubbing them with a scourer

Does anyone know of an easier way?

I have tried a mix of bi carb soda and water, made it into a paste and used that, but that doesnt help a great deal :rolleyes:

I just finished cleaning everything in the kitchen. Floors to mop and then I'm done.

My stove top is the kind that completely parts out. It's up to you to put that puzzle back together again. If you don't do it right it won't light.

To make it easier to clean, I take the racks and the burner plates off. Put them in a large plastic garbage bag. Put on my mask and gobbles. Spray on Ammonia. Pull the drawstrings tightly, box it up and let it sit in the garage all night. The next day all I have to do is glove up and wipe it down under running hot water. Works like a charm. And I still have finger prints left afterwards.

I thought someone posted a way to clean these parts here a while back, but I don't recall exactly what it was. I think it had something to do with putting the parts in a plastic bag with ammonia? Something about the fumes? Maybe that will jar someone else's memory.

Scary huh? :ROFLMAO:

I just finished cleaning everything in the kitchen. Floors to mop and then I'm done.

My stove top is the kind that completely parts out. It's up to you to put that puzzle back together again. If you don't do it right it won't light.

To make it easier to clean, I take the racks and the burner plates off. Put them in a large plastic garbage bag. Put on my mask and gobbles. Spray on Ammonia. Pull the drawstrings tightly, box it up and let it sit in the garage all night. The next day all I have to do is glove up and wipe it down under running hot water. Works like a charm. And I still have finger prints left afterwards.

Thanks so much Munky....I will buy some ammonia next week :)

Up at the crack of dawn & went to the pool early, got my prep work done at work then off to the hospital to see mom. Suprise visit from 1 of my brothers & 1 of my sisters & her kids, drove thru chinese food then finally relaxing at home, full day.

I'm not doing much of anything. :( Was hoping to get some of the shelves up in my craft room and the whiteboard paint on one of the closet doors (the other will be cork board).

Instead I am nursing a probable kidney stone and/or infection. I haven't gone to the hospital yet - I know all the signs by now and if it is a stone it is still moving and they won't do much unless it is lodged. If it is an infection (which I don't think so at this time), I will have to go on IV anti-biotic which means getting rides to and from the clinic for at least a week. If it is worse by morning I will go, if not, I will see my GP on Monday.

Irony is, next Saturday I am getting a kidney ultrasound (a routine procedure just to see how they are doing).

TB is taking good care of me, making sure I have lots of fluids, helping me up and down, and setting it up so I can use my netbook in my recliner while watching Ladies' curling and catching up on taped shows. I am even sleeping better in the chair! A wonderful gift my Dad left for me was that lift recliner! :)

Cheers Pac :)

I'm not doing much of anything. :( Was hoping to get some of the shelves up in my craft room and the whiteboard paint on one of the closet doors (the other will be cork board).

Instead I am nursing a probable kidney stone and/or infection. I haven't gone to the hospital yet - I know all the signs by now and if it is a stone it is still moving and they won't do much unless it is lodged. If it is an infection (which I don't think so at this time), I will have to go on IV anti-biotic which means getting rides to and from the clinic for at least a week. If it is worse by morning I will go, if not, I will see my GP on Monday.

Irony is, next Saturday I am getting a kidney ultrasound (a routine procedure just to see how they are doing).

TB is taking good care of me, making sure I have lots of fluids, helping me up and down, and setting it up so I can use my netbook in my recliner while watching Ladies' curling and catching up on taped shows. I am even sleeping better in the chair! A wonderful gift my Dad left for me was that lift recliner! :)
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[LP}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Take care, I know how painful that can be. Take care. I've heard that cranberry juice may help, hope you are feeling better.:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Put your dirty stove burner parts in a plastic trash bag with a cupful of ammonia. Tie it closed and leave it outside overnight. Wash the parts off in the morning and they will be clean.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[LP}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Take care, I know how painful that can be. Take care. I've heard that cranberry juice may help, hope you are feeling better.:angel:

Thanks SB, I am drinking cranberry juice, as well as marshmallow root tea and a magnesium drink that the lady at the health food store recommended to TB for me. Plus water of course! I am feeling a little waterlogged, but it helps to flush it out.

Lemon juice or cider vinegar for kidney stones...hope you feel better soon.

That's horrible! Hope you get better soon :flowers:

Lemon juice or cider vinegar for kidney stones...hope you feel better soon.

I have actually been taking both of those regularly but I didn't know they were good for kidneys! They are good for my candida diet so I try to have them in my water, tea, whatever I can. Thanks, Princess for letting me know I am on the right track!

Now here's hoping I can get some sleep.

Put your dirty stove burner parts in a plastic trash bag with a cupful of ammonia. Tie it closed and leave it outside overnight. Wash the parts off in the morning and they will be clean.

Thank you Andy :)

Is it okay to use cloudy ammonia as that is the only one our supermarkets seem to sell?

Laurie, I too am having a kidney ultrasound next week, it is called a Renal ultrasound here

I have been having a pain in my left side now for years and I have recently decided to go to the doctors to get it investigated.

They have ruled out certain infections and have said they think it is muscular, but I am not convinced :ermm:

I had an x-ray done on my stomach but that did not show much

So now I am off to have an ultrasound to see if it may be a kidney stone!

What are your symptoms like and whereabouts is your pain?

Magnesium and viatmin B6 help break down and prevent kidney stones. Magnesium will also help with your migraines.
I used to get kidney stones often but since starting my daily supplement of magnesium and B6 I haven't had them again.
The cider vinegar PF mentioned works wonders! I also drink it when I have kidney problems.

Aha! See, my memory wasn't so far off afterall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom