What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am taking a break from working on my needlework. Instead of Easy Listening I have Golden Oldies on.

As I was sitting there I got to thinking about a broom. I have one that I hate. It is slanted and some of the bristles are bent out to mid air. I want to get a corn broom. But they are soooo expensive. But I just may make it another birthday present for me. This broom was given to me. I have always had a corn broom. And so did my mother. You would think I would be happy with the one I have. I have a very small kitchen. It takes all of ten seconds to sweep it. And an even smaller bathroom. That never needs sweeping. In New England it was always considered bad luck if you didn't move into a new home with a new broom. Some families also started each new year with a new broom. My mother had an inside broom for the house and an outside one for the front steps and sidewalk. When the inside one got worn down, then it became the outside one. That outside broom got worn down to the nubs. No waste there. So it is decided, I will get me a new broom for my birthday. :angel:

I am taking a break from working on my needlework. Instead of Easy Listening I have Golden Oldies on.

As I was sitting there I got to thinking about a broom. I have one that I hate. It is slanted and some of the bristles are bent out to mid air. I want to get a corn broom. But they are soooo expensive. But I just may make it another birthday present for me. This broom was given to me. I have always had a corn broom. And so did my mother. You would think I would be happy with the one I have. I have a very small kitchen. It takes all of ten seconds to sweep it. And an even smaller bathroom. That never needs sweeping. In New England it was always considered bad luck if you didn't move into a new home with a new broom. Some families also started each new year with a new broom. My mother had an inside broom for the house and an outside one for the front steps and sidewalk. When the inside one got worn down, then it became the outside one. That outside broom got worn down to the nubs. No waste there. So it is decided, I will get me a new broom for my birthday. :angel:

When I was growing up all of the old timers used to break a single straw off of the corn broom to test baked goods, to see if they were done in the center.

Today folks would go on a hunger strike if they saw anyone do that! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Hi guys :)

Today I had a hair appointment, just a trim ;)

I also did a bit of grocery shopping and for the rest of the afternoon I was on the recliner reading The Hobbit on my wonderful Kindle Paperwhite, this certainly is the best Kindle thus far!

It has been steadily raining here all day, so it has been nice cosied up in the recliner reading all afternoon :)

Dealing with a chest cold...

Me too! And I have a coldsore :rolleyes:
Just made myself a Cal-C-Vita fizzy and had a large helping of homemade chilli ginger relish with my lunch and a handful of nasturtium flowers and leaves and a good squirt of silver mineral supplement drops! This cold will not get the better of me :LOL:

Hope you feel better soon! :flowers:

Dealing with a chest cold...

Me too! And I have a coldsore :rolleyes:
Just made myself a Cal-C-Vita fizzy and had a large helping of homemade chilli ginger relish with my lunch and a handful of nasturtium flowers and leaves and a good squirt of silver mineral supplement drops! This cold will not get the better of me :LOL:

Hope you feel better soon! :flowers:
Get well soon ladies.

Brilliant vid...LOL! Thanks TL! I rubbed in some Vick's on my chest and got some sleep. The congestion is better this morning. I've forgotten how to cough since I quit smoking...feeble effort on my part.

looks like a good start, taxy.:)there is definitely a learning curve with food shopping online. and you seem to have a positive attitude toward new experiences, taxy. my food preferences are naturally highly individual, but they also tend to be overly specific, and it has been necessary for me to ease up on that rigidity somewhat. just recently i was pleasantly surprised to note that my shopper had bought my three tomatoes with one that was fully ripened, ready-to-eat, and the other two more Firm--just like 'I would have done, myself'!!:)
in particular, i needed to learn for which items to allow substitutions and which ones not. today, i'll be getting a sub of organic limes, and still pay only for the generic ones.:) i don't want to be left with no bread for a week just because 'flour garden bakery' sold out of their sourdough rye loaves... but, if they don't have my favorite brand of kim chi, i will skip it for now....
my food order is on the way, so i have to leave for now....taxy, i finally gave up on getting pate home, too, at least for now. i can't wait to taste the french brie i ordered this time--a last minute bit of impulse buying that somehow managed to slip past me....:)
So, how did your order turn out? Was the Brie good? :pig:

I used to place phone orders, so I had some idea of the limitations. ;)

'i have measured out my life with coffee spoons'
(t.s. eliot)

today i filled my life
and mortal desires
with spoons of a different size,
ah--brillant savarin
swallows of that heavenly creme
chased away with warm chardonnay
of this instant new day

-

Last edited:
Thank you :) That will take me a while to figure out but I'm sure I'll do it eventually !
If you have a Google+ account, then there should be a link in the email (when you look at it in Gmail) to share. Of course, then the photo goes on your Google+ stream.

The Vick's helped and the tea. I am repeating it tonight, early...still congested and coughing up a storm. But, I am able to function, I caught it before it got bad.

I have done the grocery shopping and also bought the last few presents for Steve for his birthday in March :)

Every present he has is a surprise present, so I cant wait to see him open them all when his birthday arrives :)

Glad you are feeling a bit better, Princess.

Kylie, surprises are as fun for the person giving them as for the person getting them!

I am trying to get up the energy to make dinner. Still having pain but not enough to warrant seeing about it, just enough to bother and flare up my chronic pain. I am not feeling like eating, but TB and Violet will want something soon!

PF and Snip, hope you guys are feeling better! Nasty colds. At least we know you didn't infect each other!

Back
Top Bottom