What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Vick's helped and the tea. I am repeating it tonight, early...still congested and coughing up a storm. But, I am able to function, I caught it before it got bad.

This is going to sound strange but when you've put Vicks on your chest, rub some on the soles of your feet. It helps a lot for night time coughs. Not sure why, got the tip from a friend a few years ago. Hope you feel better soon :)

This is going to sound strange but when you've put Vicks on your chest, rub some on the soles of your feet. It helps a lot for night time coughs. Not sure why, got the tip from a friend a few years ago. Hope you feel better soon :)

I had heard that, too...I did put it on my feet and no coughing woke me up last night. Don't know why it works, but It's starting up again since I woke up. I really don't want to go to work smelling like a eucalyptus tree...:LOL:

I had heard that, too...I did put it on my feet and no coughing woke me up last night. Don't know why it works, but It's starting up again since I woke up. I really don't want to go to work smelling like a eucalyptus tree...:LOL:

:LOL:

Do you get Lennons Dutch medicine there by you?
Borsdruppels works like a bomb! And it doesn't smell like eucalyptus :cool:

Last edited:
Good afternoon guys :)

I have been very busy doing the ironing and washing today, also some gardening as it is such a glorious day out there today...going back out soon to enjoy the sunshine and have a coffee :)

Good afternoon guys :)

I have been very busy doing the ironing and washing today, also some gardening as it is such a glorious day out there today...going back out soon to enjoy the sunshine and have a coffee :)

Hey Kylie .. how is that garden doing? Do you have any new pictures?

Slow Friday morning at work for a change. Getting caught up on DC with my phone app.

Kylie, as I listen to the rain fall, it is so nice to hear about you enjoying the sunshine! It brightens my day! :)

Today we were hoping to be able to take a day trip to our favourite place on the water, Steveston. They have an awesome off leash dog park that Violet loves because she can run free and even go down near the water. Then we walk along the pier, get fish and chips and finally hot chocolate to warm up. However, the rain continues to pour down so unless it stops soon the trip is off.

I do have some projects to do around here, including income tax, continuing to sort out the store room and watching Season 2 episodes 1 and 2 of Downton Abby! I still have only seen the second half of season 1, but the disk for the first episodes comes Monday and I have pieced it together. It will still be great to see how it started!

Just got back from the grocery store and boy was it ever crowded. They had some great sales, including my 6 packs of A and W Diet Root Beer, 5 packs for $10.

Last edited:
All tanked up (blood transfusion) and ready to go home! It's great having a doctor who understands how important it is to recover at home. Also helps being in a hospital with residents on duty 24/7 so they can discharge me at 9 pm on Friday night :mrgreen:

All tanked up (blood transfusion) and ready to go home! It's great having a doctor who understands how important it is to recover at home. Also helps being in a hospital with residents on duty 24/7 so they can discharge me at 9 pm on Friday night :mrgreen:
w00t!

YAY!!!

I am trying to recover from a tummy too full. I had two and a half pieces of pizza. I know better than that. Two is all I can really handle. I got my corn broom today. Spike had to run to Home Depot and picked up a corn broom for me today. YEA! I have a bunch of house work to do tonight. Starting with the wastebaskets. How can one person create so much trash?

I went to get my glasses fixed AGAIN. It wasn't my imagination. It has been determined that the groove that is ground around the lens was placed wrong and not deep enough. So they have ordered new lens for me. Will they get it right this time? The technician had the gall to ask me if I was handling them wrong. I informed him that I had been wearing glasses for 69 years. I then asked him how long he had been a technician. Five years. "Guess who has the most experience with handling glasses." I got an apology. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom