What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am trying to recover from a tummy too full. I had two and a half pieces of pizza. I know better than that. Two is all I can really handle. I got my corn broom today. Spike had to run to Home Depot and picked up a corn broom for me today. YEA! I have a bunch of house work to do tonight. Starting with the wastebaskets. How can one person create so much trash?

I went to get my glasses fixed AGAIN. It wasn't my imagination. It has been determined that the groove that is ground around the lens was placed wrong and not deep enough. So they have ordered new lens for me. Will they get it right this time? The technician had the gall to ask me if I was handling them wrong. I informed him that I had been wearing glasses for 69 years. I then asked him how long he had been a technician. Five years. "Guess who has the most experience with handling glasses." I got an apology. :angel:

I had almost the same discussion with a tech over my glasses, it was the temple piece that kept breaking, he said Í must be twisting them to make it break...duh, without them I cant see why would I even do that. I told him I'd been wearing glasses longer than he'd been breathing air...

Well, we have returned from the shops, we were looking for a new slat bed and we are very tired as it was getting hot out there and we were looking around for about 4 hours!

Ater looking at sooooo many slat bed frames, we decided on a lovely bedroom suite from Harvey Norman.

We were originally only going to get the slat bed base, but we really liked this set!

Okay...it ended up costing us $1,200 all up including delivery, but it is lovely!

It was either $899 just for the slat bed base...or $1,150 for the bed base, the 2 matching bedside cabinets and a toyboy...oops I meant tallboy

It is made of pine and is in a cappuccino colour, so a nice darkish brown but not too dark..it is so wonderful!

Here it is

Robin 4 Piece Bedroom Suite

The best news is that they had one left in stock, so it is going to be delivered on Monday YAY :) :)

you don't want to go to bed just yet, at least you don't if you want to see PRINCE perform on jimmy fallon tonight!! prince is my baby from the 80s.:) he's my baby still....

that's a lovely hn bedroom suite, kylie. so, you had to have the toyboy too, did you? don't blame you a bit--there's something awfully exciting about getting new furniture, isn't there?

Kylie, I would say you got yourself a bargain. What a lovely set. I get the impression that over the past year you have been remodling your home. I know how excited you must be feeling right now. I can't ever remember any time my husband cared what I bought for the home. As long as he was confortable. :angel:

Today is the first anniversary of my Dad's passing. It is so hard to believe it has been a year. I am not sad today - not that I don't miss him, but I know that he has been at peace for a year, after three of hard suffering. He and Mom are together again (my personal belief), and watching down on us.

I was supposed to meet my sister at the cemetery to check the plaque on the rose garden where we laid Dad's ashes. The plaque contains the names of everyone who's ashes were placed in a calendar year so it isn't done until the next year. It was supposed to have been laid on Wednesday, but the bad rains we have been having delayed it. Mom's ashes were laid in the same garden 18 years ago.

So, it will be shopping and some more house work for today I guess. TB's last day before he goes back to work tomorrow so I also have to get ready for that - get meat out of the freezer for sandwiches (which I will make tonight), prep his uniform and fill his water bottle. I love doing these little things for him - he does so much for me. :wub:

I am getting ready for the Hatfield McCoy marathon The History Channel is starting in 5 minutes :)
It's a great series if anyone is interested and hasn't seen it yet.

Attachments

• Pico.jpg
    Pico.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 172
I have an illegal washing machine. Right now it is hiding in the closet all covered up. It is a small one on wheels. With all the tado about HUD coming to visit and maintenance in and out, I thought it best to put it in there and pay for the machines downstairs. HUD never showed up. So I am going to have to roll it out and put it back where I have had it for six years. No one is allowed to look in your closets unless there is a reported problem in there. They only check to make sure the handles are working and the door closes properly. I have a crammed basket full of laundry to get washed. Enough to consider taking it all downstairs and getting it dry also. I just don't have enough quarters. So I will drag the machine out, do about four loads and then take it all down to get dried. I have a beautiful folding large rack I usually dry it on. I usually only have two loads. One each of whites and colored. But this much laundry calls for an extra effort and expense on my part. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom