What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm...a Doc Martin bobblehead sits in front of my TV.

You've given me an idea. I just may have to get one for Spike to put on his dashboard. I am sure I can dream up an imaginary reason such as for Happy Anything Day. His birthday was last September. Too late for that.

I am really surprised that he has even expressed any feelings for this show. I think the English part of his father rubbed off on him. Stiff upper lip and all that rot. :angel:

I'm nursing a really bad flu. Think it may be pneumonia. Coughing blood but yet I still forget to take my meds. I really must learn to look after me for a change lol!
I'll live!

Snip take your meds!!! You dont want to end up in the hospital. We have a friend who almost died of that. It can get nasty real fast. Take care of yourself.

I'm nursing a really bad flu. Think it may be pneumonia. Coughing blood but yet I still forget to take my meds. I really must learn to look after me for a change lol!
I'll live!

snippers, get thee to a hospital, STAT--you are 'nursing' nothing, despite very serious symptoms, lol! and since you are not taking care of yourself, you need to take yourself where someone will lol! no, seriously, snip....

we have a new ordinance in c-ville which states homeowners will be fined if they have not cleared the snow from their sidewalks within 24 hours of a snowfall. yet, 1/3 of our c-ville residents are still without electricity, and many don't have cable or high speed internet service since yesterday's storm. most of our schools have already announced closings for tomorrow. the city will send out crews to clear walks of snow after 24 hours and charge the residents.
is this common practice, fining folks for not clearing their sidewalks? this is the first i've heard of such a practice.
oh, and i forgot to mention that voluntary snow-cleaning crews are supposedly being created to help those folks physically unable to comply with the snow removal requirement. except that, nobody has signed to volunteer their snow shoveling services as of yet....

Last edited:
When I lived in the city and had a sidewalk it was supposed to be kept cleared. Grass and hedges could not be over a certain height. All those city ordinances that people just seemed to know. Yes, I'd say it's common practice.

I'll live!
Take care snip. A bad cold can get the best of a person. Take care of yourself! Do not forget those med.'s I"m sure alot of people need you to be around for them.:angel::angel:

I am anxiously waiting for a call tomorrow from the doc. to let me know when my surgery will be. It's been keeping me up at night thinking about it.

Well, Snip, I think I just joined you in the "flu" club. Can't keep anything down, chills and fever.

No coughing blood though - you need to see about that one my dear.

snippers, get thee to a hospital, STAT--you are 'nursing' nothing, despite very serious symptoms, lol! and since you are not taking care of yourself, you need to take yourself where someone will lol! no, seriously, snip....

Yes Mom :LOL:
I'll go to the clinic today. My medical only kicks in next month. Don't have a R1400 to go to hospital unless I steal something (and that ain't gonna happen!)
Bloody Africa :rolleyes:

Take care snip. A bad cold can get the best of a person. Take care of yourself! Do not forget those med.'s I"m sure alot of people need you to be around for them.:angel::angel:

I am anxiously waiting for a call tomorrow from the doc. to let me know when my surgery will be. It's been keeping me up at night thinking about it.

Thank you :) I will!

Let us know what happens, we're all worried about you. Pretty sure my snot attacks are less serious than you needing surgery :LOL:

Get well sooon!:flowers::flowers:

SB, have you ever had surgery? Take it from someone who has every part of her body cut on, It is a snap. They will probably do microscopic surgery. Tiny scar and you can go home the next day. :angel:

Well, Snip, I think I just joined you in the "flu" club. Can't keep anything down, chills and fever.

No coughing blood though - you need to see about that one my dear.

I will :) Just waiting for my mom to get here. I don't think I'll make it to the clinic if I walk in this state :LOL:
I nebulized and drank a hot toddy with 2 shots of vodka :angel:
At least I can breath now!
Hope you feel better soon too! :flowers:

we have a new ordinance in c-ville which states homeowners will be fined if they have not cleared the snow from their sidewalks within 24 hours of a snowfall. yet, 1/3 of our c-ville residents are still without electricity, and many don't have cable or high speed internet service since yesterday's storm. most of our schools have already announced closings for tomorrow. the city will send out crews to clear walks of snow after 24 hours and charge the residents.
is this common practice, fining folks for not clearing their sidewalks? this is the first i've heard of such a practice.
oh, and i forgot to mention that voluntary snow-cleaning crews are supposedly being created to help those folks physically unable to comply with the snow removal requirement. except that, nobody has signed to volunteer their snow shoveling services as of yet....

Here, sidewalks must be cleared by 10 AM. This is a very common practice.

We have 24 hours after it stops snowing. We do have this quaint thing about spaces for cars parked on the street. If you dig out your car, that is your spot. So you put whatever you have in that space so no one else can pull in and park there. Drive down any street and you will see lawn chairs, barrels, cones, and anything else big enough to keep a car out of that space. Then after a couple of days the Mayor lets it be known that the Public Works Dept. will start to pick up everything holding a parking space. So if that lawn chair is your favorite one, you better bring it back in or it is gone.

I have had out of state friends that have been visiting in the winter and can't believe what they see. :angel:

I'll live!

Take care of yourself Snip...hope you are on the mend soon

Sidewalks? No such thing in my neighborhood. One thing I truly miss by living in the 'burbs. Here you have to walk in the street and pray you don't get run over by some maniac kid zipping around in his parents' car. :ohmy:
Should have said, the city cleans them, where there are sidewalks. There's sidewalk on my side of the street, not the other and none at all on some of the streets nearby. I would be really ticked off if I had kids who had to get anywhere by themselves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom