What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my grandson here with me today, he stayed home from school because of a bad cold. He was not able to go today on his field trip with the rest of his class mates. I said I was so sorry but he said that it was alright because he didn't want to get the rest of the kids sick. This is the last year at this school because in the fall he will be starting Jr. High.

What a smart young man you have there JoAnn. You and his parents must be mighty proud! :)

Sitting infront of my PC trying to keep my eyes open lol! Daniel was up most of the night again. He'll be 6 in July, this has got to stop. Not sure I can handle this for much longer.
He started sleeping through the night when he was only a few weeks old but started waking again when he was 6 months old. Hasn't stopped since. He wakes up screaming most nights. Loud enough to wake the whole house. Darn it I'm tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am dog sitting a friend's destructive, barky, don't sleep at night dogs (they sleep when I'm on conference calls) (her BIL died unexpectedly and it is Spring Break here, so no kennel space). Man, I wish they would sleep when I want to sleep. I can't sleep on conference calls! I can hardly wait until she gets back and picks up her dogs. I thought I was a good dog person, but these two are driving me CRAZY and I too am so darned tired. She owes me BIG TIME.

Oh Snip I am so sorry to hear about Daniel's sleep patterns. Do you know if it is night terrors? Sounds like it. My friend's son had them and did finally grow out of them, but then he had something similar the last couple of years (he is now 17). They told her kids have them during growth spurts. I used to wake up with horrible pains in my legs and I grew tall quite fast - the doctor told my Mom that "growing pains" can be very real because your bones are literally growing over night.

When my youngest was five years old, he hit a growth spurt. He would wake up in the middle of the night screaming "My legs, my legs Mommy, my legs." His pediatrician suggested that I give him Dimetapp just before he went to bed. Worked like a charm. That year he gained more than five inches. He now stands more than 6'. He was well over five feet by the time he was eleven. :angel:

Heading out to the shops soon, after a nice vase and some flowers to liven up our new tallboy :)

Also dropping by mums for a coffee and chat :)

Got word today. Biopsy scheduled for thursday morning. Next wed, the 20th is the appt. to go over all of the test results. The waiting is the worst! I just want to wish it away.

Got word today. Biopsy scheduled for thursday morning. Next wed, the 20th is the appt. to go over all of the test results. The waiting is the worst! I just want to wish it away.

I know how you feel, SB. I had an MRI last month and have to wait till late this month to get the results. I just try to keep busy with daily activities. One day at a time :) Take care.

Not doing much. Waiting for some pork chops to thaw...
Life in the fast lane.

Chillin in town listening to hubby and his friends talking after having dinner and drinks with them. I asked him if he wanted a guys night but he said he wanted to be with me also. Such a sweety!

Oh Snip I am so sorry to hear about Daniel's sleep patterns. Do you know if it is night terrors? Sounds like it. My friend's son had them and did finally grow out of them, but then he had something similar the last couple of years (he is now 17). They told her kids have them during growth spurts. I used to wake up with horrible pains in my legs and I grew tall quite fast - the doctor told my Mom that "growing pains" can be very real because your bones are literally growing over night. Maybe if you look these up on Google you might get some answers.

I had a rough night too - my side pain is back though they keep saying it isn't my kidney. I finally got into a solid sleep about 2:30 am but still woke at my usual 7, going back for an hour but then was awake for good.

I am trying to figure out my plan for the day. If I decide to enter a cake decorating contest I will be spending much of the day solidifying the design. I haven't done a cake in awhile and am both excited and a little nervous. It is just an online contest so not too strenuous but I am rusty.

If I decide not to do the cake, then my decision for the day turns to which room do I work on that needs a good spring cleaning - our bedroom, the storage room or do some work on my craft room.

Of course tiredness and pain may make all the decisions for me ;)

Thanks :) I've survived almost 6 years of it so I guess I can handle it. Just gets a bit much sometimes. It is night terrors. I got them as a child too. They get worse if he was too excited during the day, regardless if the cause was good or bad.
I used to give him Californian Poppy tea. That helped but I haven't had any in a while. I've planted some, should get flowers in a month or 2.
He only woke up once last night but I had the worst sharp pain, didn't sleep at all.
Felt like a hot knife was stabbing me on my right side. Wish I knew what it was. It hurts too much to figure out if it's coming from my lower back or front. I won't be able to walk to the hospital but hubby will take me if it gets worse today.
He's gotto drive the CEO from America around all week and take him for dinner.

Sorry you weren't feeling well :( Get better soon! :flowers:

Good luck with the contest! :)

When my youngest was five years old, he hit a growth spurt. He would wake up in the middle of the night screaming "My legs, my legs Mommy, my legs." His pediatrician suggested that I give him Dimetapp just before he went to bed. Worked like a charm. That year he gained more than five inches. He now stands more than 6'. He was well over five feet by the time he was eleven. :angel:

Daniel gets growing pains but the night terrors keep him up most nights.
Sometimes he screams (spine chilling cries) and he doesn't always wake up. His eyes are still closed most of the time. I was told not too wake him so it's harder to calm him down if he's not actually awake.

He slept pretty well last night. I gave him an antihistamine for his cold and it knocked him out.

Daniel will more than likely be a tall man one day. My husband is 6.3 I'm 5.9. We are both the shortest in our families!
I've shrunken, used to be 5.10. Must have lost bone mass.
My cousins are all over 6.8.

I'm working on the luncheon list for the Danish Club lunch tomorrow. People are supposed to RSVP by 10h on Monday. I got the last changes at almost midnight and there still might be changes tomorrow morning. :glare: :angry:

I have to print it out so I know how much money to collect from each person - some have guests. It's also where I mark that I got paid. Then there's the name tags to print.

Waiting for Dai the Rod our local chimney sweep, we had a chimney fire yesterday and picked ten popes before the Fire Brigade arrived (white smoke then black smoke and back to white).

You are going to be fine. I know it is hard to do, but just stick to your everyday schedule. We are all here for support. And we do care. You are very important to this forum. Let us know how it goes. :angel:

I supposed this should go under "What made you smile lately." But I am sitting here after checking my other email account. I received a Birthday wish from one of my grandchildren. She lives in Maine and is one of the children that were adopted after my daughter's death.

She was just an infant when she was adopted. And when she would hear her sister and brother talk about 'their mother', she would get confused. She had never been told she was adopted. She knew who I was and what relation to her I was. Her grandmother. But how? So one day she was snooping around and came across my phone number. She called me out of the blue and I told her if she ever had any questions, I would always tell her the whole truth. No matter how painful it may be for me or her. A year later when she was old enough to travel on her own, she came down from Maine and spent the weekend. We talked and talked. And I kept my word to her. I answered all of her questions with total honesty. She went back home with some anger in her because her mother had kept everything from her. After a few phone calls, she calmed down and understood where her adopted mother was coming from.

As a result, every Mother's Day, my birthday, Christmas and any other important day, she always sends me a card in the mail or an email. She is the only grandchild to do this. I love her so dealy. I wish I could post a picture of her. She is knockout beautiful. Enormous blue eyes, and natural blonde hair. In the sunlight with the wisps of hair blowing, it looks like a halo around her head.

I am a firm believer that every child has the right to know who their natural parents are and their personal history. :angel:

It's much worse, Addie.
Especially when you are hungry! ;)

Pac,

Have you tried thawing meat on a stainless steel or aluminum pan?

Just unwrap the meat, set it on a non-stick pan. The metal pan acts as a heat exchanger absorbing heat from the air to thaw the meat.

They used to sell an amazing thawing tray on late night TV for only $19.95 but, it was just an aluminum tray with an attitude! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom