What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pac,

Have you tried thawing meat on a stainless steel or aluminum pan?

Just unwrap the meat, set it on a non-stick pan. The metal pan acts as a heat exchanger absorbing heat from the air to thaw the meat.

They used to sell an amazing thawing tray on late night TV for only $19.95 but, it was just an aluminum tray with an attitude! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

And it only worked for a couple of times. Then it was junk. I just love those "As Seen On TV" ads. They promise you everything, and then give you nothing. I have never been even tempted to purchase one of those products. I prefer to read the reviews of those folks who were silly enough to buy them. :angel:

I have one of those black, grooved, as seen on TV trays. It works great... but it was in teh dishwasher getting washed when I decided I wanted pork chops. As soon as the cycle ended the chops went right on it.
And I know there are other methods for thawing, but this is the one I like.

I have one of those black, grooved, as seen on TV trays. It works great... but it was in teh dishwasher getting washed when I decided I wanted pork chops. As soon as the cycle ended the chops went right on it.
And I know there are other methods for thawing, but this is the one I like.

Are they thawed yet?

Well I'm about ready to sit and have another coffee. I'm pooped! I ran around doing all those little errands I ignored yesterday and a few more that cropped up. I now have a pot of soup on the stove, some salmon in the smoker and the groceries are put away. I still have to repackage the meat (I buy big lots and package them into meal sized portions) but that can wait a bit.

I am also pondering a decision about work. Nothing earth shattering, but important to me nonetheless.

Well I'm about ready to sit and have another coffee. I'm pooped! I ran around doing all those little errands I ignored yesterday and a few more that cropped up. I now have a pot of soup on the stove, some salmon in the smoker and the groceries are put away. I still have to repackage the meat (I buy big lots and package them into meal sized portions) but that can wait a bit.

I am also pondering a decision about work. Nothing earth shattering, but important to me nonetheless.

Any sign of it getting warm enough to sit outside?

Not this week. Last week we sat out on the deck and threw snowballs for the dog. LOL! It cooled off considerably this week though. Supposed to be warm again by the weekend though. I like to push the season, so I sit outside when others are still wearing their winter coats.

I like to walk around outside without a coat or sweater while everyone else is freezing. It was beautiful out today.

Sorry you weren't feeling well :( Get better soon! :flowers:

Good luck with the contest! :)

Thanks for both. I am feeling better - still pain of course but that is my forever normal. As long as it doesn't get worse I am okay.

As for the contest, I decided not to put unnecessary pressure on myself and am not entering it. I am still making a cake (a small one for my BIL's birthday which is tomorrow but we will have it on Friday), and I will do the cake I wanted to design but on my own time. Since these contests are online and are done by photo, if it fits for a future one great, if not I have learned some new techniques without stressing myself out unnecessarily! :)

I am doing a happy dance today! TB had shift-pick (they do it every 6 months) and he got his first choice, which is a Monday to Friday 3 - 11:30 pm (hour lunch) shift instead of the Monday to Thursday 3-11 pm and Sunday 9am-5pm (1/2 hour lunch for all) he has done for a year. :)

Good evening :)

I have had a busy day and now relaxing after dinner, heading into the loungeroom soon to watch some TV :)

Just got Shrek out the door for his bloodwork...I swear he can find 40 things to crab about first thing...and he calls me crabby when I wake up in the morning. At least I keep it to myself...

Just got Shrek out the door for his bloodwork...I swear he can find 40 things to crab about first thing...and he calls me crabby when I wake up in the morning. At least I keep it to myself...

PF it is posts like this that tell me that there is a beautiful love affair going on in that home in Montana. It is something to be treasured. :angel:

Thanks for both. I am feeling better - still pain of course but that is my forever normal. As long as it doesn't get worse I am okay.

As for the contest, I decided not to put unnecessary pressure on myself and am not entering it. I am still making a cake (a small one for my BIL's birthday which is tomorrow but we will have it on Friday), and I will do the cake I wanted to design but on my own time. Since these contests are online and are done by photo, if it fits for a future one great, if not I have learned some new techniques without stressing myself out unnecessarily! :)

I am doing a happy dance today! TB had shift-pick (they do it every 6 months) and he got his first choice, which is a Monday to Friday 3 - 11:30 pm (hour lunch) shift instead of the Monday to Thursday 3-11 pm and Sunday 9am-5pm (1/2 hour lunch for all) he has done for a year. :)

I'm glad all is well and TB got a shift change. Not fun when we live past our loved ones!

I baked a cake today too :) It's Caitlin's 11 th birthday. Made a moist vanilla cake with buttercream icing. Covered it in pale blue edible glitter, icing sunflowers and wrote her name and age in pale blue. Very shiny cake :LOL:
She loved it.

She wants her first car to be a new Volkswagen Beetle (blue with sunflowers painted on it)
Got the idea for her cake from that.

I am sitting here at the computer listening to disc #1 of Les Miserables. It is a good thing our walls are thick. I am singing right along with it.

My daughter goes for her next MRI tomorrow. Then we will gets the results on the 20th. I am so nervous and upset. I hate this disease. I have no control and am helpless to make it right like I did when she was a small child. I could fix all her boo boos. Not this time. Mommy's kisses won't make it all go away. She showed me where the swelling of her brain has gone down and where the tumor was, her scalp has caved in some. So now she has a big dent in her head. This waiting is so hard. :angel:

I baked a cake today too :) It's Caitlin's 11 th birthday. Made a moist vanilla cake with buttercream icing. Covered it in pale blue edible glitter, icing sunflowers and wrote her name and age in pale blue. Very shiny cake :LOL:
She loved it.

She wants her first car to be a new Volkswagen Beetle (blue with sunflowers painted on it) Got the idea for her cake from that.

Your cake sounds marvelous! :)

Your cake sounds marvelous! :)

Thank you Laurie :)

It went down well, kids loved it! Just happy my princess liked it. The glitter is everywhere! In my hair, on my PJ's, on my socks etc etc.

I look like an off duty stripper :LOL: I blew the excess glitter off the balcony today and when I walked to the shop, I noticed that the paving outside our flat is shiny blue :wacko:

I've I mentioned the glitter?! :angel:

I have just woken up and about to have breakfast :)

Today I have some ironing to do, just for something different and also a bit of gardening, since it is such a lovely day :)

Back
Top Bottom