What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone :)

This morning it is so chilly, I am all rugged up :)

Have just been to the supermarket, had to get a few things for tonights dinner, now home enjoying a hot cup of coffee

Heading over to visit mum soon, for more coffee :LOL:

I went ot Amazon to look at bathroom scales. There are 121 pages to look through. Are they crazy? Do they really think someone is willing to sit there and go through all those pages?

All I want is a simple scale. My present one is a digital. Step on it and if you already know your weight, it is pretty accurate. But if you don't like what you wiegh, move it an inch or two and you can lose up to 10 lbs.

They have scales that not only tell you what you weigh but whether you are hydrated, your BMI, what you should weigh, what your calorie intake should be, and a host of other stuff that I have no interest in. All I want to know is what do I weigh today. And I want it to be consistent each and every time I step on it. I looked at the first ten pages. There is only one company that consistently got five stars on all their products. And they are in my price range. I received $100 from my daughter for my birthday. So now I have to decide which scale to get. It will probably be the least expensive one with the least features. And it will have a large readout that I can see when I am standing up with a back light. :angel:

I got a plain digital scale online from Walmart. It only cost $12, including shipping.

A neighbor had just gotten home from her doctor visit, weighed herself, and said it was exactly the same.

I went ot Amazon to look at bathroom scales. There are 121 pages to look through. Are they crazy? Do they really think someone is willing to sit there and go through all those pages?

All I want is a simple scale. My present one is a digital. Step on it and if you already know your weight, it is pretty accurate. But if you don't like what you wiegh, move it an inch or two and you can lose up to 10 lbs.

LOL Now that's my kind of scale :LOL:

I got mine at Walmart a couple years ago. It's digital and the only fancy thing is that you can set it for up to 4 different people to keep track of weights. I paid about $18 for it.

The only thing I've managed to do today is make hubbys lunch, clean the kitchen.

Had BIG plans today to finish up my new living room curtains.
Finish sewing the tie backs today. My body tells me no. Too tired, sore after being up and down a step ladder all day yesterday hanging curtains, moving furniture.

My left arm has been numb, tingly since I woke up. Who knows what's up with that. Typing with one hand is an adventure. :ohmy:

Just ran Mom and my Brother over to their motel room, the furry "grandkids" finally graced Mom with their presence and Latté even let Mom touch her:ohmy:

If I am in another room Baby Brother sounds just like my Dad.:ermm: They are just waiting to see if there is a load for Denver on Tuesday, if not they will go ahead and leave for home in Wyoming tomorrow.

No. I use Stitch Witchery and make sure I get all the edges. It is just plain cotton material. Some patches have ballerinas on them. Other have palm trees and flamingo birds. Material I had left over from projects. I have had this ironing board cover for so many years, it will soon be an antique. I hate to get rid of it. It is like an old friend. Lesson from my mother. Nothing goes to waste. I swear, she will haunt me to my grave. :angel:

I can't stand ironing! I would rather scrub toilets :LOL:
I'm too tall, even at it's highest setting I have to bend down. Kills my back.
I smooth out the washing when I hang it outside and hang everything I can on hangers.
I no longer iron t-shirt, jeans etc. Only iron hubby's work shirts and trousers.
When he makes me angry I only iron the front of his shirt and leave the back :angel: he doesn't even notice.

ROFL Snip :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I read this out to Steve, especially the part about not ironing the back of hubby's work shirts...I said, now that sounds like a good idea....his reply....dont even think about it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The only thing I've managed to do today is make hubbys lunch, clean the kitchen.

Had BIG plans today to finish up my new living room curtains.
Finish sewing the tie backs today. My body tells me no. Too tired, sore after being up and down a step ladder all day yesterday hanging curtains, moving furniture.

My left arm has been numb, tingly since I woke up. Who knows what's up with that. Typing with one hand is an adventure. :ohmy:

Munky, I hope your arm is going to be alright...I would get it checked out if it doesnt improve...maybe you slept on it funny?

ROFL Snip :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I read this out to Steve, especially the part about not ironing the back of hubby's work shirts...I said, now that sounds like a good idea....his reply....dont even think about it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I don't get mad, I get even :angel::LOL:
Best I don't mention what happens to toothbrushes if I'm rubbed up the wrong way :D

I can't stand ironing! I would rather scrub toilets :LOL:
I'm too tall, even at it's highest setting I have to bend down. Kills my back.
I smooth out the washing when I hang it outside and hang everything I can on hangers.
I no longer iron t-shirt, jeans etc. Only iron hubby's work shirts and trousers.
When he makes me angry I only iron the front of his shirt and leave the back :angel: he doesn't even notice.

Back in the days before permanent press, I lowered my ironing board so I could iron while sitting in a chair. Lots easier on the back.

Back in the days before permanent press, I lowered my ironing board so I could iron while sitting in a chair. Lots easier on the back.

Thank you :) As soon as I have a kitchen big enough to change my mind in again and all my electrical sockets are not used for boy toys I'll be sure to try that :LOL:

in my daughter's room on her window ledge sat a small, potted cactus plant. at five year's old, it was her job to water the cactus, but only when the soil was very dry. she had a small watering can, and would go around and water all the various plants on their window sills. she did a good job of it too, and seemed to enjoy caring for the plants and watching new leaves and blooms as they appeared. somehow, though, it seemed she was most intrigued by the little cactus., even though she knew it wouldn't be growing and changing from day to day like most of the other plants in the house. then came the day that i noticed the little cactus had rotted, and its pot was very wet with excess water. when i went to explain to my little girl that her cactus had died, she gave me this conspiratorial smile, and confessed that the cactus had pricked her a number of times with its sharp spines, and so she decided to get even. she said she knew the cactus didn't like water, so she 'drowned' it by watering it every single morning, with purposeful devotion, until justice had been served....
(a revenge story that still gives me chills to recall....think i should have warned her husband? nahhhh) :)

Last edited:
in my daughter's room on her window ledge sat a small, potted cactus plant. at five year's old, it was her job to water the cactus, but only when the soil was very dry. she had a small watering can, and would go around and water all the various plants on their window sills. she did a good job of it too, and seemed to enjoy caring for the plants and watching new leaves and blooms as they appeared. somehow, though, it seemed she was most intrigued by the little cactus., even though she knew it wouldn't be growing and changing from day to day like most of the other plants in the house. then came the day that i noticed the little cactus had rotted, and its pot was very wet with excess water. when i went to explain to my little girl that her cactus had died, she gave me this conspiratorial smile, and confessed that the cactus had pricked her a number of times with its sharp spines, and so she decided to get even. she said she knew the cactus didn't like water, so she 'drowned' it by watering it every single morning, with purposeful devotion, until justice had been served....
(a revenge story that still gives me chills to recall....think i should have warned her husband? nahhhh) :)

Your story reminds me of William March's book The Bad Seed!

I would need to sleep with one eye open! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Just ran Mom and my Brother over to their motel room, the furry "grandkids" finally graced Mom with their presence and Latté even let Mom touch her:ohmy:

If I am in another room Baby Brother sounds just like my Dad.:ermm: They are just waiting to see if there is a load for Denver on Tuesday, if not they will go ahead and leave for home in Wyoming tomorrow.

There are really people who live in Wyoming? I have ridden through Wyoming three times, border to border and all I ever saw were buffalo and one horse. :angel:

I found two pairs of jeans for Stirling. He wears size 50, so most stores don't carry jeans his size.

Now, I'm waiting for a client to bring me income tax papers. I want a nap.

Hope the weather cooperates for you!

Back
Top Bottom