What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the Eastern side, south of Buffalo...:LOL:

:LOL:All we ever saw were rolling hill after rolling hill. We began to understand why the buffalo left the plains. Nothing there for them to see. At least in Montana you have mountains, a diner here and there and even a gas station every so often. One time we stopped on the outskirts of Missoula. There was an old rusty gas tank and some man that was even older tending to it. He couldn't understand our Boston accent. Spike couldn't understand his western accent. Spike finally gave up and told me to do the talking. then when we stopped off at a diner, it was full of ranchers. Spike said he wasn't going to go through "that" again. So he just pointed out on the menu what he wanted. I was surprised at how quickly I was able to slip right back into a western accent. You just have to make the sounds come from the back of your throat. That is why I can yodel and my kids can't. Bostonians don't do that. We only use our hard palate to talk. :angel:

Got Mom and Baby Brother aimed towards Idaho, Dad found them a freight load to pick up there and haul to Denver. Which means Mom will get to stop, see my Sister and her boys before she gets home.

Mom brought me a huge box of my baby pictures and all my annual school pictures, she included lots of scrapbook thingies and a purple leather scrapbook album so I can put them all together. What's the best glue to use on the pictures? I've never done any scrap-booking...I'm not a crafty type person...

PrincessFiona60 said:
Got Mom and Baby Brother aimed towards Idaho, Dad found them a freight load to pick up there and haul to Denver. Which means Mom will get to stop, see my Sister and her boys before she gets home.

Mom brought me a huge box of my baby pictures and all my annual school pictures, she included lots of scrapbook thingies and a purple leather scrapbook album so I can put them all together. What's the best glue to use on the pictures? I've never done any scrap-booking...I'm not a crafty type person...

There is a special glue tape or tabs you can buy at any hobby or craft store. That would be best.

Okay...thanks for reminding me I can do that. There are three 8 x 10's that are original studio pictures. One is actually hand painted with water colors on a sepia tone.
Do you have Picasa image organizing software? It's free. A lot of old photos change colour. There's a thing in Picasa that's called "I'm feeling lucky" which applies some best guess corrections (easily un-doable). That did amazing improvements in the colour of a lot of my old photos. Picasa

Do you have Picasa image organizing software? It's free. A lot of old photos change colour. There's a thing in Picasa that's called "I'm feeling lucky" which applies some best guess corrections (easily un-doable). That did amazing improvements in the colour of a lot of my old photos. Picasa

I have it now, thanks! I'll have to use Shrek's computer, mine won't link to the printer/scanner.

That is nice! I hope I can do this justice. I'm really worried about messing up these pictures, but then I remember they are just for me.

That is nice! I hope I can do this justice. I'm really worried about messing up these pictures, but then I remember they are just for me.
How mess it up? You scan the pic and save it. When you fiddle around with the pix in Picasa and save your changes, Picasa makes a subdirectory with the originals. And, you still have your original photos.

Today I had a flu injection this morning, I have one done every year :)

Then mum came over this afternoon, that was lovely!

Now we are looking at wifi modems...selecting which one we are going to buy...deffo a 4G one ;)

How mess it up? You scan the pic and save it. When you fiddle around with the pix in Picasa and save your changes, Picasa makes a subdirectory with the originals. And, you still have your original photos.

Mess up the scrapbook...and my photos when I get it done.

There is always Poster Tape by 3M. You can pick that up pretty much anywhere that sells tape. It's pretty heavy duty/sticky, but you can still peel it off.

I just know there is a possibility of ruining the pictures with certain glues and want to avoid those, I'll need to ask in the craft store. I just like walking in to the store knowing what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Mess up the scrapbook...and my photos when I get it done.
Scan the photos, leave them in an archival box, fiddle with the electronic versions. You can have a book made with the photos arranged how you want them from the scans.
I just know there is a possibility of ruining the pictures with certain glues and want to avoid those, I'll need to ask in the craft store. I just like walking in to the store knowing what I'm talking about.
If you want the actual photos in an album, you could attach them with photo corners. Then there is no glue touching the pics. Then you can still take the photos out of the album to look at whatever might be written on the back and easily put the photos back in the album.

I am trying to put together a small (14") storage cube with 3 drawers for my craft room. Sounds simple enough? Tell that to my arthritic hands that don't want to pick up the tiny screws, hold the boards together as I tighten them or even grip the screwdriver right. TB says he will help me, but the thing is I really want to do this one on my own. He can help me when my 16 cube closet shelving arrives! I want to try to handle the small stuff. :angel:

I got the cube, and a swivel organizer for buy one get the second for a penny. They were $49.99 each so for $50 I got a great deal! :)

Back
Top Bottom