What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, have noticed that here too. The only frozen baby peas we can get here is Our Family, which aren't bad, thankfully.

I find the store brand cheddar is good. Of course I check the label that it's made of food and doesn't have any weird stuff in it.

I have made an effort to switch to store brands to save a buck here and there. Where we shop, the store brand products are almost always noticeably poorer quality. Their cheeses and frozen veggies are really awful and they are squeezing out the national brands and replacing them with store brands.

Sounds like you have a DeMoula's nearby. We have the same problem in these here parts also. :angel:

Went to the store this morning and bought a jar of Krafts Miracle Whip. I have tried the store brands and to me they just don't taste as good. I buy a lot of store brand food but on this item I will stick to Krafts.

I have to agree with this. DH loves Miracle Whip and I don't but I love Hellman's.

I've purchased store brands of both and been terribly sad that I did.

I figure it's better to spend a bit more on the real deal than to spend less on lessor quality and not enjoy your food or throw it away.

I do buy some things in store brand but very few .. for the same reasons .. poorer quality is not worth sacrificing my meals.

When I do find a good store brand I am all over it for life though !

We only have 2 stores in our town so when one or the other has a good sale on things like Miracle Whip or Hellmans I stock up. Same with coffee .. get it on sale that way I can still enjoy the products.

I have to agree with this. DH loves Miracle Whip and I don't but I love Hellman's.

I've purchased store brands of both and been terribly sad that I did.

I figure it's better to spend a bit more on the real deal than to spend less on lessor quality and not enjoy your food or throw it away.

I do buy some things in store brand but very few .. for the same reasons .. poorer quality is not worth sacrificing my meals.

When I do find a good store brand I am all over it for life though !

We only have 2 stores in our town so when one or the other has a good sale on things like Miracle Whip or Hellmans I stock up. Same with coffee .. get it on sale that way I can still enjoy the products.

I agree and when people chastise me for not being thrifty or frugal I like to quote Ben Franklin who said “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I agree and when people chastise me for not being thrifty or frugal I like to quote Ben Franklin who said “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten:ermm::ohmy::LOL:
What a great quote. We know Ben Franklin was thrifty.

Trying to let the steam dissipate! I received the hospital's bill for my knee replacement in November. They have to have lost their mind. Some of the charges don't even apply, especially charging me for medications that were NOT dispensed to me.

The bill is 6 pages long and will require my complete scrutiny. I'm loaded for bear and will shoot if necessary.

When I had my last baby, they charged me for the delivery room. I have had five kids and have never been in a delivery room. That came off the bill real quick. But the most rediculous charge was $1.00 for one cracker. That came off the bill also. Along with some other ghost charges. What started out as a four figure bill, ended up less than $50.00. I have often wondered what they charged the Mexican women who would come into the hospital at the very last moment, have the baby, then an hour after the birth, get up and go home. A common practice in that town at the time. :angel:

Today I did the grocery shopping early this morning, got back before the rains started...it has been pretty cold today...love it!

Did some ironing and relaxed on the recliner most of the afternoon :)

Steve finished up at work today and is on holidays now..we are heading away for a few days on Monday YAY!!

I went and bought a wi-fi Access Point Modem yesterday, so now we can take our tablets away with us too..so I can still sign in here at night after we have been out and about all day on our getaway :)

Got to still be able to come here ;)

Trying to let the steam dissipate! I received the hospital's bill for my knee replacement in November. They have to have lost their mind. Some of the charges don't even apply, especially charging me for medications that were NOT dispensed to me.

The bill is 6 pages long and will require my complete scrutiny. I'm loaded for bear and will shoot if necessary.
When I read things like this H I realise how lucky I am to live in Wales, we dont even pay for drug prescriptions.I get 2 workouts a week free in the gym fully supervised by Cardiac Rehab nurses.They also provide cardiac diet help and very good support for my wife who has to live with me.

When I read things like this H I realise how lucky I am to live in Wales, we dont even pay for drug prescriptions.I get 2 workouts a week free in the gym fully supervised by Cardiac Rehab nurses.They also provide cardiac diet help and very good support for my wife who has to live with me.

You are lucky! My chronic meds cost as much as my monthly groceries :rolleyes:

We are currently getting a contract done up for an artist to do our graphics for our new game...it is going to cost us $10,000 for the graphics this time...but you need to spend upfront to reap the benefits once the game gets taken by Big Fish Games :)

For our first 3 games we made all the graphics ourselves but for our last game and this one, we hired an artist as people are expecting top notch graphics in their games these days, so it is best to leave it to the professionals

Yesterday was a major shopping day, so now, I'm making a list of new things I've added and thinking of ways to use them.

Today I did the grocery shopping early this morning, got back before the rains started...it has been pretty cold today...love it!

Steve finished up at work today and is on holidays now..we are heading away for a few days on Monday YAY!!

I went and bought a wi-fi Access Point Modem yesterday, so now we can take our tablets away with us too..so I can still sign in here at night after we have been out and about all day on our getaway :)

Where are you going?

Yes indeed. You have three important things in life. Steve, Mum and DC. In that order. :angel:

I hear you loud and clear Bolas. I am so grateful for the medical care I get. And none of it cost me one cent. It sure makes old age not such a bad place to be. :angel:

I hope I am finally done with all the eye problems. I saw my eye surgeon yesterday for the last time. Don't have to go back for one year. And I FINALLY am able to use my reading glasses. It took less than two minutes to fix them so that I can look right through the center of the lens like I am supposed to. Not over the top. Winthrop provided the transportation to the eye clinic, I went in and the guy made the adjustment right there at the checkin window. DONE! YAY!!! Now I can get back to my sewing. I sure have missed being able to sit and do it for moments of quiet. Now I have to call my daughter and wish her a Happy Birthday. I can't believe I am the mother of a 57 y.o. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom