What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waiting to see how my almond cake turns out without the butter. I put it in the oven and then I noticed that the sliced almonds were still in the measuring cup. So, I quick took the cake out of the oven and sprinkled them on top and put the cake back in the oven. Five minutes later I was looking around the kitchen to see what else to put in the dishwasher and I spotted the ramekin with the melted butter. D'oh! :doh:
The almond cake was still quite good without butter. It was a bit crispy on top and a bit chewier and tends to crumble a bit. It's good to know that I can make without butter if I'm out of butter or low on butter. I do prefer it with butter. :ermm: :LOL:

We have moved our older washing machine into the garage so that I could sweep and mop where it was, it is amazing how dirty it gets!

Been relaxing on the lounge watching some Masterchef, it is so cosy as it is quite cold outside, love it :)

The almond cake was still quite good without butter. It was a bit crispy on top and a bit chewier and tends to crumble a bit. It's good to know that I can make without butter if I'm out of butter or low on butter. I do prefer it with butter. :ermm: :LOL:

:wacko: I have had many "Duh" days. Those days do make you wonder why you keep trying. :angel:

We are going to one of our sons house for supper tonight to have our Easter meal. It is the only time this weekend we can all get together. I bought the ham ( which they are cooking) and then everyone else is bringing the rest of the food. I can't wait, we have some really good cooks in the family. :)

I am waiting for my scooter to recharge. I have to make a store run. The little store that I usually go to never has anything in anymore. Too bad. I liked going there. It is nice and close. So it is up the hill to 7-11. The owner lost his Lottery privileges. He got caught buying more scratch tickets than he was selling and not paying for them. Not a smart move. Without a Lottery, you lose business real quick.

My daughter is stopping by later today. I have an olive oil bottle that she wants. I have two of them and never use either one. She starts her monthly chemo tonight. :angel:

I am waiting for my scooter to recharge. I have to make a store run. The little store that I usually go to never has anything in anymore. Too bad. I liked going there. It is nice and close. So it is up the hill to 7-11. The owner lost his Lottery privileges. He got caught buying more scratch tickets than he was selling and not paying for them. Not a smart move. Without a Lottery, you lose business real quick.

My daughter is stopping by later today. I have an olive oil bottle that she wants. I have two of them and never use either one. She starts her monthly chemo tonight. :angel:
Here, they have cracked down on lottery sellers who win too often or too much. :ermm: They tell you to put your name on the lottery right away or at least before you let the store owner check if it's a winner. :ohmy:

I'm watching the girls rediscover the yard. There are four of them sunning on the deck...two checking out the dog dishes (I feed and water the dogs outside--except in the winter, I do keep a dog dish of water in the shower. And the toilet lid is ALWAYS down--I hate the thought of dogs drinking out of the toilet. Anyway, the water dish in the shower is for my safety--I do not enjoy doing the splits at my age because of dog "slime" on the floor after the dog has taken a drink. I knew a walk-in shower large enough to bath a Saint Bernard was a good idea); two hens are investigating under the willow tree, and several others are themselves sunning against the wall of their coop. A couple are taking "sand baths" in their sandpit. I could watch them all day!

Taxi, I had to laugh out loud about you leaving the butter and almonds out of your cake. Those are my tricks, and why I don't bake. I'm just about to attempt making a pound cake and I'm nervous, but I want it to serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream after Easter dinner. I'm also making Broccoli salad to take to my son's house but Steve is doing most of that for me. It's just a gorgeous morning, and I'm hoping to spend some porch time with my Nook book when the chores are done.
Kylie, I'm horrified to see what washers cost these days! Ykies!

Taxi, I had to laugh out loud about you leaving the butter and almonds out of your cake. Those are my tricks, and why I don't bake. I'm just about to attempt making a pound cake and I'm nervous, but I want it to serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream after Easter dinner. I'm also making Broccoli salad to take to my son's house but Steve is doing most of that for me. It's just a gorgeous morning, and I'm hoping to spend some porch time with my Nook book when the chores are done.
Kylie, I'm horrified to see what washers cost these days! Ykies!
I'm glad I made you laugh and I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. The unintentional experiments. :LOL:

Good luck with the pound cake.

Going to pick DD up from work the Easter baking. I will be baking a Pizzagaina (Easter Meat Pie) from my Mom's recipe and a cheesecake later for tomorrow.

But, did you have a good time?

Truth be told, no. Nothing at all that peaked my interest. Even my buddy said it was a waste of time, but at least he bought some ammo for his new .22. Fortunately it was close by. We should have heeded the advice of the people leaving as we were arriving.
Thanks for asking :) You win some...

Truth be told, no. Nothing at all that peaked my interest. Even my buddy said it was a waste of time, but at least he bought some ammo for his new .22. Fortunately it was close by. We should have heeded the advice of the people leaving as we were arriving.
Thanks for asking :) You win some...
At least you got to spend some time with your buddy. :)

I'm watching the girls rediscover the yard. There are four of them sunning on the deck...two checking out the dog dishes (I feed and water the dogs outside--except in the winter, I do keep a dog dish of water in the shower. And the toilet lid is ALWAYS down--I hate the thought of dogs drinking out of the toilet. Anyway, the water dish in the shower is for my safety--I do not enjoy doing the splits at my age because of dog "slime" on the floor after the dog has taken a drink. I knew a walk-in shower large enough to bath a Saint Bernard was a good idea); two hens are investigating under the willow tree, and several others are themselves sunning against the wall of their coop. A couple are taking "sand baths" in their sandpit. I could watch them all day!

Pretty soon it will be time for them to dig up the garden again. :angel:

Pretty soon it will be time for them to dig up the garden again. :angel:
Chicks sunbathing in SE Ontario (Myrtle and Elsie):

Attachments

• chicks_sunbathing 034.jpg
    chicks_sunbathing 034.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 178

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom