What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the little credit card reader for my smartphone working. I'm all signed up and have accepted one payment. It isn't even as wide as the top of my phone. This is what it looks like:

Attachments

• 20130406_173059.jpg
    20130406_173059.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 175
I got the little credit card reader for my smartphone working. I'm all signed up and have accepted one payment. It isn't even as wide as the top of my phone. This is what it looks like:

i just saw an ad on TV for the SQUARE, a similar device. They stated only 2.75% per transaction. Not sure if that's in addition to the charge from the credit card company or not.

i just saw an ad on TV for the SQUARE, a similar device. They stated only 2.75% per transaction. Not sure if that's in addition to the charge from the credit card company or not.
With PAYd, that's the rate, nothing extra. It's better than the one I'm paying now. It's 2.9% + $0.15/transaction if I key in the numbers instead of swiping the card. I also don't have to pay a monthly fee for this. If the money shows up quickly in my bank account, I'm going to cancel my other merchant account.

May I suggest that since you have a serious medical illness, you might want to consult your doctor before changing any meds - and OTC drugs and supplements are meds that can affect the way Rx drugs work. I imagine you're having lots of blood work done, so ask for a blood chemistry to see if you're deficient in any vitamins or minerals. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you for your good wishes. Slept most of the day away, am feeling a little better, I will check with the doctor on monday, appreciate your concern.:angel:

That's pretty cool, TL. Especially if you travel and need to accept cc's from your customers. And that's a pretty good rate. That was a pretty good rate you had before, too, for non-qual sales.
I read something a while back that wireless processing was the most compromised way to run a card. Are those subject to annual compliance teseting? I imagine they have to follow all the same rules.

That's pretty cool, TL. Especially if you travel and need to accept cc's from your customers. And that's a pretty good rate. That was a pretty good rate you had before, too, for non-qual sales.
I read something a while back that wireless processing was the most compromised way to run a card. Are those subject to annual compliance teseting? I imagine they have to follow all the same rules.
I assume they are doing the compliance testing. :ermm:

The rates I listed are for use with this device. My other merchant account has higher rates. I phone up something they call IVR and punch in the info. I have to use one of those old fashioned imprinter things where you put the card and blank slip and slide a thing back and forth across the card and slip, then fill in the slip and have the client sign it. Now they sign my phone with a finger. :LOL:

Yes, I do sometimes get paid when I'm not at home.

Earlier today I took a walk over to the neighbor's house. A sure sign of Spring, he was outside changing his studded tires out for the regular tires. And I was surprised to hear that every vehicle around us, including one at the cop's house that kind of lives beside me, was broken into Monday night :ohmy: The light bulb's started coming on...
Tuesday morning as I opened the drapes I wondered what the police was doing so long at the house across from me, then next to them. Now I know.
And Tuesday I wondered how the heck my dome light in my truck got turned on. Now I know.
And then I remembered something waking me Monday night, it might have been my dog who prefers to sleep downstairs where it's cooler letting out a bark, I really can't say what the noise was that first woke me, but I definitely remembered my bedside dog trotting across the floor and looking at the bedroom door. Something woke him, too. And that's what really woke me up. Enough to say, Pierce, get back over here and lay down... And now I know. Talk about crappy situational awareness or maybe complacency. I should have gotten up and at least looked out the bedroom window. It looks right down on my truck with an area light to light things up on that side of the house. I might have been able to catch a glimpse.

And then the neighbor told me about the big heroin problem the local high school has :ermm: Something that has not made the news or papers for obvious reasons...

So today I learned that life in the country isn't much different than life in the city. I think I'll be looking into some kind of monitoring devices.

Good thing you have dogs, Pac.

Yes.
I need to get around to replacing the one I just put down here shortly. Petra will be ten this month and Pierce isn't much of a watch dog. Let me rephrase that... he's very good at just watching :LOL:

We have been out at garden centres all morning!

It is quite hot outside, feel like I got too much sun, as it has been cooler and now bang, back with the hot, plays with your head :rolleyes:

We bought a couple of new plants...one will grow to 4m, that one looks lovely and another one 1.5m, near the washing line :)

While Steve was out planting them this afternoon, I was in the kitchen making the lasagna for dinner :)

We plant about 3 acres...so we have a HUGE garden. It is all for us, the 4 dogs, and chickens--and some that we give away. I have an herb garden that is 4 ft x 8 ft. I'd have to take multiple pictures to show everything. But, we usually put in about 300 tomato plants, 50 pepper plants (hot and sweet), 400 ft of sweet corn, 200 feet of potatoes, 400 feet of beans, 100 ft of peas, I don't know how many feet of squash and pumpkin, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, cabbage and about 10 zucchini plants and several rows of kale, swiss chard, celery, carrots, beets, parsnips, rutabaga, eggplant, bok choy and other things. Oh, and lots of onions. The only thing we don't really have a lot of are blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.

That sounds like heaven to me! That's it, I'm packing my bags and running away. I'll bring a tent and camp in your garden :LOL:

That sounds like heaven to me! That's it, I'm packing my bags and running away. I'll bring a tent and camp in your garden :LOL:
Better wait a few weeks. Spring in the Great White North is kinda soggy and muddy, especially in the country, until stuff gets a chance to dry out from melting away all that snow and ice.

Better wait a few weeks. Spring in the Great White North is kinda soggy and muddy, especially in the country, until stuff gets a chance to dry out from melting away all that snow and ice.
It would be a bit cold right now, Snip. But July and August--that works, if you can tolerate the mosquitoes! That's when there is lots of variety of stuff to eat from the garden. We turn vegetarian then. And, you don't have to bring a tent--the farm includes a 3-bedroom furnished house.

I'm procrastinating. I just signed up to do the MS Walk near me. It's at the end of May. It's only 5 or 10 km (my choice), but I'm so out of shape that I better train for it.

Just getting ready to go to mass. Plans to stop at acute care afterwards, hope to get a script for some type of steroid to get my voice back. Coughing alot throughout the night. Crazy busy day at work tomorrow & will definitely need to get my voice back. I feel fine otherwise.

Taking a steam bath...I'm evaporating 3 gallons of maple sap...in the house. Even with the bathroom and kitchen fans running, it is as if I'm in a steam bath... (okay, maybe that is a slight exaggeration).

Earlier today I took a walk over to the neighbor's house. A sure sign of Spring, he was outside changing his studded tires out for the regular tires. And I was surprised to hear that every vehicle around us, including one at the cop's house that kind of lives beside me, was broken into Monday night :ohmy: The light bulb's started coming on...
Tuesday morning as I opened the drapes I wondered what the police was doing so long at the house across from me, then next to them. Now I know.
And Tuesday I wondered how the heck my dome light in my truck got turned on. Now I know.
And then I remembered something waking me Monday night, it might have been my dog who prefers to sleep downstairs where it's cooler letting out a bark, I really can't say what the noise was that first woke me, but I definitely remembered my bedside dog trotting across the floor and looking at the bedroom door. Something woke him, too. And that's what really woke me up. Enough to say, Pierce, get back over here and lay down... And now I know. Talk about crappy situational awareness or maybe complacency. I should have gotten up and at least looked out the bedroom window. It looks right down on my truck with an area light to light things up on that side of the house. I might have been able to catch a glimpse.

And then the neighbor told me about the big heroin problem the local high school has :ermm: Something that has not made the news or papers for obvious reasons...

So today I learned that life in the country isn't much different than life in the city. I think I'll be looking into some kind of monitoring devices.

It is sad when that reality sets in. I too live in the country, and we didn't used to lock the cars at night. We just didn't need to in the past. Well, about four years ago, someone got into all of the cars and took things. Really stupid crooks because they didn't realize that the tools in the back of the suburban were worth more than the classic rock cd's in the front. I am sure the cd's got them money quickly though. :ermm: Anyway a cell phone was taken from my son's car too. There was nothing in my car or my husbands car for them to quickly grab, so for that I was glad. The way I figured out to check things out was the fact that my dome light was on too. We told all of the neighbors on our street so that they could lock up their cars too. At least we don't have an electric garage door opener on the garage. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom