What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm shopping for a new dryer ... ours went up in a big puff of smoke yesterday. Black smoke everywhere, the clothes in the dryer were so hot I couldn't even grab hold of them, the smell finally went away today.

We made a trip to the laundromat last night so our clothes would be clean .. boy howdy is that expensive these days !! :ohmy:

Anyway .. time for a new dryer :(

:ohmy: Scary moments. Our machines downstairs only cost us $1.25 per load. Commercial ones are much higher. :angel:

Ok, that too! :LOL:

:LOL: You all are too funny :LOL:

I never leave anything - including lights - on when we aren't home. something that my Mom taught me when I was young .. and what happened yesterday is exactly the reason why. I don't even run the dishwasher when I go to bed .. everything is off even then.

Sorry to hear about your dryer MrsLMB. I have known two people (both from my church years ago) who lost their homes to dryer fires. One of them was gone and the other was wheelchair-bound. Fortunately they, and you, are ok.

I just wrote a little in my blog awhile ago. Then I had some ice cream. Now I am watching an episode of "Bones" on HuluPlus. :cool:

Good evening everyone :)

I am feeling more human today...getting better every day :)

I did the grocery shopping this morning, bit tired from all the driving, but just resting up this evening...looking forward to another good sleep!

I think her Steve knows it when he has it good! I bet Kylie takes great care of him when he is sick too.

He sure does Chops!

Thank you, you are right, I look after him heaps, even when he is not sick, I must admit I have a very caring nature :)

I'm shopping for a new dryer ... ours went up in a big puff of smoke yesterday. Black smoke everywhere, the clothes in the dryer were so hot I couldn't even grab hold of them, the smell finally went away today.

We made a trip to the laundromat last night so our clothes would be clean .. boy howdy is that expensive these days !! :ohmy:

Anyway .. time for a new dryer :(

Folks never give a thought to the vent that goes to the outside on their dryer. It gets clogged with lint just as much as your filter does. It should be cleaned out at least twice a year. Lint is highly flammable. :angel:

I'm trying to wake up enough to get going on work. I better enter the stuff from the Danish Club Luncheon while it's fresh in my mind. There was enough craziness yesterday...

Folks never give a thought to the vent that goes to the outside on their dryer. It gets clogged with lint just as much as your filter does. It should be cleaned out at least twice a year. Lint is highly flammable. :angel:

That is so true Addie. We clear ours every 3 months. I also replace the vent hose at that time .. vac out the shute where the lint trap goes and wash the lint trap to remove the residue from the dryer sheets.

There is a switch inside this dryer that failed .. it was to control the temperature .. it didn't work and the heat was so intense that it melted a belt .. when we pulled the cover off the back there was black scorch all over the place .. yes indeed .. we were very lucky !!

Hopefully all of you will take a good look at your vent tube and lint traps .. make sure they are clean.

I'm about to head for the cat food store and the health food store. I want to get in anything we need for the next few days. I don't want to go out in the snow that is supposed to start overnight.

I'm about to head for the cat food store and the health food store. I want to get in anything we need for the next few days. I don't want to go out in the snow that is supposed to start overnight.

Good plan ! Stay warm tomorrow !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom