What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not cranky. I was very sad before I started to watch the Interfaith Services. But there have been some beautiful words spoken today. My spirit has been lifted to the highest. :angel:

I was cranky! You just cheered me up :LOL:

i'm gonna sum up a lengthy post i wrote earlier that got erased. maybe it wasn't meant to see the light of day. who knows how these things work in the cosmos.:) beside, mrslmb and aunt bea already gave you most of what you need to hear, snip, with their loving and gentle voices.:)

snippers, this is a day that has been a long time coming for you, isn't it? and it's about time, too. yes you are plenty pissed, and you're not having any fun being pissed, i know. but this is your Watershed Day, and some of us on the sidelines, are cheering you on, and then too, you can be so adorable when you're mad.:) you are standing up to say, "hey, what about me? i have been on the giving end way too long, giving and giving, to all of you tom dick and harrys, and for what?! i matter! i'm going to be good to mySELF for a change." that's right, now turn around and take a bow, snip. smile, and say, "how d'you like me NOW"?!!!

I'm not cranky. Just confused.
I've been messing with my phone lines all morning and cannot do what I wanted to do.

I'm not cranky. Just confused.
I've been messing with my phone lines all morning and cannot do what I wanted to do.

You aren't trying to do anything illegal now are you Pac .. are we gonna have to take up a collection to bail you out of the pokey ??? :ermm:

It is Friday here and going to be another lovely Autumn day :)

Ads, I have ironing to do today ;) :LOL:

Also need to get a few things from the bakery and I am also going to buy some sushi for tomorrows lunch :yum:

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

You aren't trying to do anything illegal now are you Pac .. are we gonna have to take up a collection to bail you out of the pokey ??? :ermm:

Ha! Not yet I'm not... :angel:

My phones are a holy mess. AB switches, splitters... it's a quagmire. I'm trying to wire in my alarm system to be able to call out on either the A side or the B side, but it ain't happening :(
I finally have everything hooked up and sorta working. I just need to speak with TS to fine tune things. In the past ten years I've never received any electronic gizmo that had so FEW intructions that came with it.

I'm relaxing on the porch with a glass of wine. I spent the day with the master gardeners. We went to a city park in Williamsburg, Va., for a short hike and then had lunch in a historic building. Then we went to Colonial Williamsburg and had a private tour of the colonial gardens from Master Gardeners in that area. Then we went to a colonial flower market and enjoyed another talk from a guy in period costume about gardenimg during colonial times. And finally we arrived home. I am exhausted.

I'm relaxing on the porch with a glass of wine. I spent the day with the master gardeners. We went to a city park in Williamsburg, Va., for a short hike and then had lunch in a historic building. Then we went to Colonial Williamsburg and had a private tour of the colonial gardens from Master Gardeners in that area. Then we went to a colonial flower market and enjoyed another talk from a guy in period costume about gardenimg during colonial times. And finally we arrived home. I am exhausted.

Now that sounds like a fun day ! I would love to do something like that .. might have to put that on my bucket list now that's it's been brought to my attention !

Whew, 57 minutes on hold for TS before I finally got my call answered :mad:
Part of that time was passed speaking with my BIL. He's finally using the smoker I got him for Christmas this weekend. He's even going to overnight it :ermm: ok... I told him. I wouldn't overnight a first smoke, but his smoker is electric so maybe he'll get it dialed in before he goes to bed.

Anyway, it turns out the confusion with my alarm system lie with me not getting a user guide. Duh. It makes things so much nicer knowing that I am supposed to press buttons on my phone when it calls me and not just hang up. :rolleyes:

Whew, 57 minutes on hold for TS before I finally got my call answered :mad:
Part of that time was passed speaking with my BIL. He's finally using the smoker I got him for Christmas this weekend. He's even going to overnight it :ermm: ok... I told him. I wouldn't overnight a first smoke, but his smoker is electric so maybe he'll get it dialed in before he goes to bed.

Anyway, it turns out the confusion with my alarm system lie with me not getting a user guide. Duh. It makes things so much nicer knowing that I am supposed to press buttons on my phone when it calls me and not just hang up. :rolleyes:
:LOL::LOL:

Glad you had a lovely day :)

i'm gonna sum up a lengthy post i wrote earlier that got erased. maybe it wasn't meant to see the light of day. who knows how these things work in the cosmos.:) beside, mrslmb and aunt bea already gave you most of what you need to hear, snip, with their loving and gentle voices.:)

Happened to me yesterday too. I also wrote a lengthy post that perhaps was best left unsaid but it wouldn't load :LOL:
I can always rely on someone on DC to have just the right thing to say :)

snippers, this is a day that has been a long time coming for you, isn't it? and it's about time, too. yes you are plenty pissed, and you're not having any fun being pissed, i know. but this is your Watershed Day, and some of us on the sidelines, are cheering you on, and then too, you can be so adorable when you're mad.:) you are standing up to say, "hey, what about me? i have been on the giving end way too long, giving and giving, to all of you tom dick and harrys, and for what?! i matter! i'm going to be good to mySELF for a change." that's right, now turn around and take a bow, snip. smile, and say, "how d'you like me NOW"?!!!

I seem to have reached a point in my life where I can no longer handle BS.
Feels odd but good! I need something real in my life, move past all the childish nonsense and find some kind of balance. I'm weeding out the "bad seeds"
I'm tired of trying to keep others happy and making myself miserable in the process. So yes I guess this is my time.
Thank you for the inspiring words V :)

I seem to have reached a point in my life where I can no longer handle BS.
Feels odd but good! I need something real in my life, move past all the childish nonsense and find some kind of balance. I'm weeding out the "bad seeds"
I'm tired of trying to keep others happy and making myself miserable in the process. So yes I guess this is my time.
Thank you for the inspiring words V :)
Good for you. It's one of the things that makes getting older a good thing.

I got back yesterday evening from my out of town visit with my older brother & wife. They're driving from "his" home in TX to "her" home in Maine, and I met them in Jacksonville, FL, after an all-day drive from here in south Florida. We hadn't been listening to news & stuff like that, being busy catching up - hadn't seen them since their wedding in '08. They were sort of scouting the Jax area to see if they want to relocate there -- are planning to sell the "his" and "hers" homes and begin again. He's 75 and she's a bit younger. Got guts, I'll say that for them. They crossed Jacksonville off their possibles list after we spent way too much time in yesterday afternoon's rush hour -- absolutely gridlocked. No fun at all, even if we did chatter on in the car.

I woke up to the news this morning about the marathon bombers. Boy. What a bunch of stuff can hit the fan while you aren't looking! Of course our man in Boston (Addie) should have some real-l-y interesting scuttlebutt for us -- Addie, park that scooter and don't you dare stick your nose out the door until this is over and Stay Safe!

And the same goes for all the stuff that occurs on DC -- our community's folks suffer the slings and arrows on a daily basis, but keep smiling anyway, it seems. What great people!

I just got back from a stop at the local Salvation Army store!

Today I spied a new 9.5x16.75 Lodge Double Play cast iron combination grill pan and griddle.

As I was looking it over a young man, that was stocking shelves, stopped and offered to take it up to the checkout for me.

When I got it home I realized that instead of one cast iron grill pan I had two! What I thought was a drip tray to catch the grease turned out to be a new 10.5x20 Emeril All Clad cast iron double burner grill pan. I checked the price tag and the folks at the Army must have thought the same thing I did because the tag indicated two pieces. So now I have all four burners covered for $7.55!

Now I have two questions.

On both griddles the surface seems rougher than my vintage cast iron. Are these griddles suitable for pancakes?

Do you think I could use one of these like a pizza stone on the bottom rack of my oven?

I may have to jump off the diet wagon and make a batch of pancakes! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Today I spied a new 9.5x16.75 Lodge Double Play cast iron combination grill pan and griddle.

As I was looking it over a young man, that was stocking shelves, stopped and offered to take it up to the checkout for me.

When I got it home I realized that instead of one cast iron grill pan I had two! What I thought was a drip tray to catch the grease turned out to be a new 10.5x20 Emeril All Clad cast iron double burner grill pan. I checked the price tag and the folks at the Army must have thought the same thing I did because the tag indicated two pieces. So now I have all four burners covered for $7.55!

On both griddles the surface seems rougher than my vintage cast iron. Are these griddles suitable for pancakes?

Do you think I could use one of these like a pizza stone on the bottom rack of my oven?

I may have to jump off the diet wagon and make a batch of pancakes! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It's all your clean living that brings you little pieces of serendipity like this. But try not to go whole hog -- didn't Chief Longwind recently offer a substitution in his excellent pancake recipe, with whole wheat flour or something? And of course blueberries are so good for you!

Just make sure there are others to eat the pancakes too. I made a small batch the other day and just had one. I didn't eat any syrup on it, but instead rolled up a sausage link in it and ate it that way. So good!

I make just a cup of batter for myself. And like you I eat only one. I am not a big fan of syrup. So I put butter and a small sprinke of sugar on it. One is all I can handle.

I use the Restaurant Style Krusteze Buttermilk pancake mix. Sometimes you have to be sensible about cooking from scratch when you are cooking from just one. :angel:

I've been glued to CNN since 5:30.
This is more exciting that the OJ chase... for those who remember.
But stuff is going down now, and that's why there are all day new channels.

Back
Top Bottom