What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got up early and have been culling out some of my excess stuff!

I need to push on and restore order before I lose my enthusiasm.

Someday I will learn not to buy everything I see!

Two elephants for a quarter is only a bargain if you need two elephants!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

That last could go onto the "Quotes" thread.

I'm not allowed to stop at yard sales anymore. :(

Without my sister I don't get to yardsales anymore unless they are within a distance of taking my scooter. Our local newspaper publishes all the local ones. Let's see now. My scooter can go 12 miles round trip. And East Boston is not that big. I should be able to hit one or two every Saturday or Sunday. I just have to leave my money at home. :angel:

I just walked within 8' of a roosting hen turkey. I think tomorrow I'll take my camera, but I don't want to bug her too much and have her abandon her nest.

Time for hubby to bring in temporary help. You will start to really feel better once the staples are out. Patience littl grasshopper, patience.

Do you think your daughter is old enough to help out at the cafe one or two days a week after school? It would be a good way for her to see exactly how the both of you work to support your lives. And it won't hurt her to pitch in. You illness right now is a family affair. It will give her a memory she will keep. "I helped out my parents at their cafe when my mother had surgery and couldn't work for a while." A story she can use for when she has kids that don't want to do chores. I am sure you don't want to burden your daughter with your problems. But sometimes we tend to protect them more than they need. Children are very resilient and are only too willing to pitch in when they are needed most. And besides, she is a part of all of this upset in your life right now.

Don't go for that walk alone. Make sure you have someone with you. After I had my gastro surgery, I thought I was well enough for a short walk. I didn't even make it to the end of the driveway. I was on my way to pick up the mail. My neighbor had to come out and help me get back to my home. And it was only about 25 feet.

Sit down tonight with hubby. Even if he falls asleep. Give the two of you some quiet time alone. Let him know how you feel. After all no one is a mind reader. I am sure he is just grateful that you are now on the road to healing and you have the word BENIGN to share.

They give patients six to eight weeks to heal. Did you think you were going to walk out of that OR and go right back to work? It takes time to heal. Both emotionally and physically. You have had a lot to deal with these past weeks. First your find out you have a mass of something that may or may not be cancerous. Then the doctors invade your body with scalpels and all sorts of instruments. They are pushing your innards around and bruising them. Your body rebels with pain. It is telling you to go slow and give yourself time to heal. You are going to be all right. After all you have that wonderful word to hang onto BENIGN! :angel:
Thanks again Addie for your kind words. Your wisdom always makes me feel better.

Our cafe is only open until 3:00. Our daughter (14) gets out of school at 3:30. Honestly she is not much for help in the kitchen, getting her hands dirty or touching food is not her thing & is usually more hassle than what it's worth. She is ok to fill s& p's or condiments but that's about the extent of it. She is very smart academically just not much of a "hands on" kind of worker. She works part time at the library & is real knowledgeable with computors.

I believe dh knows how I feel I just get so down on myself. I just hate these restrcictions I'm living with, although I am eternally grateful the mass was benign. Another 3" of snow again today has kept me indoors yet another day.

Thanks again for all of your support.:angel:Hope all is well with you:angel:and your daughter:angel:& your son, spike.:angel:

I'm trying to get used to my new eyeglasses. They came yesterday. I only wore them for a short while yesterday. Today it's been all day long. I even drove with them on this morning.

Amazing how much crisper and clearer I can see. I wear the no line bi-focals and that's where it always takes me a while to settle in.

Everything looks like it's in a dip or a scoop when I look partway down. I remember this happening last time too.

I wish we could just put on the new ones and not have to adjust .. but then new shoes take time sometimes too.

SB There are some things that cannot be helped...the only way to deal with it is to just let it wash over you. If you let it dam up, it inhibits the healing process. It is what it is.
You need hugs and sleep. Tomorrow is another day! {{{{{{SB}}}}}}

Last edited:
It is a lovely cold morning here, I am staying in today as I was out and about most of the day yesterday shopping! I got a few nice clothes and some bits and pieces and a couple of new electric toothbrushes, they are great!

I'm watching the turkey vultures gather on the RR tracks.
I'm contemplating checking it out...

I'm trying to get used to my new eyeglasses. They came yesterday. I only wore them for a short while yesterday. Today it's been all day long. I even drove with them on this morning.

Amazing how much crisper and clearer I can see. I wear the no line bi-focals and that's where it always takes me a while to settle in.

Everything looks like it's in a dip or a scoop when I look partway down. I remember this happening last time too.

I wish we could just put on the new ones and not have to adjust .. but then new shoes take time sometimes too.

I know how you feel. The first pair of bifocals I had, I went down a whole flight of stairs. Fortunately I wasn't hurt, got up and immediatly misstepped off the curb as I went to get into the car. The next day I went back to the doctor's and got new prescriptions for separate pairs. Have never tried bi's since. Except now I need a separate pair for the reading ones. I can see the computer very clearly with the pair I have now, but I can't read or do any sewing with them. I have to hold a book or newpaper way beyond arms length to be able to read. I have an appointment tomorrow for a new pair just for reading and close work. So I will have three pairs. One will sit at the computer all the time. One will hang off the top of my shirt and one will be on my face. :angel:

Being annoyed with Beagle. She's taken to adding wild turkeys to "stuff that must be barked at incessantly". The previous list included deer, coyotes, foxes, and the extremely dangerous neighborhood cats. We also have a few rabbits, Beagle's natural prey, and she watches them for hours from her perch on the couch, quivering and silent the whole time.

Being annoyed with Beagle. She's taken to adding wild turkeys to "stuff that must be barked at incessantly". The previous list included deer, coyotes, foxes, and the extremely dangerous neighborhood cats. We also have a few rabbits, Beagle's natural prey, and she watches them for hours from her perch on the couch, quivering and silent the whole time.

:LOL: He better watch out for Thumper. I hear he has vicious kick. :angel:

She is a beagle. You do know that she was born to bark. :ermm:

She is a beagle. You do know that she was born to bark. :ermm:

:LOL: We had her for 2 years before she ever barked. Pound puppy, and probably puppy mill mama. She's making up for it now. She's usually very calm.

My male cocker did the same years ago, no bark for a couple years, but when he discovered he could bark, he did!

Last edited:
:LOL: We had her for 2 years before she ever barked. Pound puppy, and probably puppy mill mama. She's making up for it now.

Good to know that she is settled in and feels loved enough to bark. I grew up with a beagle. We sure did love her, and she sure did bark! :LOL:

Teddy HATES my next door neighbor. Every time he hears her going in or out he sets up a barking spell that can be heard all over the building while he runs to the door. He wasn't listening to voice commands to stop. So recently I have been getting up and starting to go for him. He stopped immediately. Then after a couple of days I don't even have to take a step. Now all I have to do is stand up and he stays put and just makes a little whimper. I let him win that battle.

I think what made him stop was one night I grab his mouth and held it shut. Scared the heck out of him. He wasn't expecting that. Just like he used to jump up and start barking at Spike. One day Spike caught him in mid air. Again scared to death. That stopped that practice of jumping on folks. Surprise interruption seems to work best on him. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom