What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm working on a complex tax return. The wife works as a concierge at a fancy hotel. The husband is a self-employed photographer. They own a duplex and have rental income from two flats. The photography studio is in the basement with its own door (It was a hair dressing salon before they bought the place.) They also have a cottage that they rent out and use for themselves. Oh yeah, the car expenses are fun on this, so is allocating a percentage of a percentage of property expenses to the home office.

I am so glad I have professional tax software and don't have to do those calcs by hand any more.

I'm working on a complex tax return. The wife works as a concierge at a fancy hotel. The husband is a self-employed photographer. They own a duplex and have rental income from two flats. The photography studio is in the basement with its own door (It was a hair dressing salon before they bought the place.) They also have a cottage that they rent out and use for themselves. Oh yeah, the car expenses are fun on this, so is allocating a percentage of a percentage of property expenses to the home office.

I am so glad I have professional tax software and don't have to do those calcs by hand any more.

I would be insane by now...

I use TurboTax. I'd be lost without it.

Well I was mowing the yard... until my mower went "pop" like I ran over something and lost power shorty thereafter. I only had about an hour left, too.
Now I am waiting for the service guy to show up and look at it. There goes the rest of my plans today.

I have an appointment to go get my eyes examined for new reading glasses. I will throw a tizzy fit if they want to do the eye pressure and eye drops. I just had that done at the surgeons office. No need to repeat it. My pick up is at noon, appointment at one. I will never understand why I have to be picked up so early when I am only five minutes away from where I am going. Oh well, it will give me time to pick up a cup of coffee. :angel:

Addie, you can have the results of the last tests sent to the next doctor, so they don't have to repeat.

I'm heading out for some groceries before my mom and stepfather come by for a while.

SB There are some things that cannot be helped...the only way to deal with it is to just let it wash over you. If you let it dam up, it inhibits the healing process. It is what it is.
You need hugs and sleep. Tomorrow is another day! {{{{{{SB}}}}}}
Thank you PF, you are absolutely right. I know just giving this more time will make things better. Patience has never been a real strong suit for me. Thanks for the support!:angel:

Addie, you can have the results of the last tests sent to the next doctor, so they don't have to repeat.

I'm heading out for some groceries before my mom and stepfather come by for a while.

The doctor I am going to see today has total access to my medical records at the hospital. It is all part of the same neighborhood medical network. So he can look it up right there. I just have to argue with them to make them do it. They just need to examine my eyes for reading and doing fine work like sewing. :angel:

Trying to be patient while encouraging grandson to color something for Mother's Day. He doesn't want to be doing this.

Trying to be patient while encouraging grandson to color something for Mother's Day. He doesn't want to be doing this.

Patience Little Grasshopper, Patience. Are you coloring with him? If so don't make yours too perfect. Try to color at his level. That is hard to do when you know you can do it better. And don't point out his mistakes. It will take out the fun of it.

When my kids were finally old enough to decorate their Xmas tree, we had some strange looking trees. But they improved as they grew older. The way they decorated it, was the way it stayed. But they thought it was beautiful. And those trees made for some great Christmas photos. And so will whatever he colors for his mother. :angel: And one for the little guy. :angel:

I just got back from the eye doctor's. I am a little po'ed, but not much. ESP (Winthrop) will not pay for a third pair of glasses. So I had to pay $50 myself. I was determined to have it my way, so I have to pay for it. Oh well. At least I will be able to sew and read with ease. And that is all I wanted.

But what I am really po'ed about is that while I was gone, UPS was here to deliver my daughter's chemo medicine. I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow. It has to be signed for. They will be back tomorrow. And I already made plans to be in all that day. I have an afternoon appointment, but set it up so that the woman will come to me and not the other way around.

I think Murphy's Law is at work. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm relaxing on the porch with a glass of wine. I spent the day with the master gardeners. We went to a city park in Williamsburg, Va., for a short hike and then had lunch in a historic building. Then we went to Colonial Williamsburg and had a private tour of the colonial gardens from Master Gardeners in that area. Then we went to a colonial flower market and enjoyed another talk from a guy in period costume about gardenimg during colonial times. And finally we arrived home. I am exhausted.

GotGarlic, it sounds like you had a wonderful day that day. It's been ages since I have been to Williamsburg. What part of southeastern Virginia are you in? I am in northeastern NC. I have already found a neighbor in the guise of Hooter or Hoot, I can't remember his name right off.

GotGarlic, it sounds like you had a wonderful day that day. It's been ages since I have been to Williamsburg. What part of southeastern Virginia are you in? I am in northeastern NC. I have already found a neighbor in the guise of Hooter or Hoot, I can't remember his name right off.

It really was a great day. I should post a few pictures from the gardens. They have some spectacular tulips in bloom. I'm in Portsmouth.

Taxlady, Andy M., and anyone else who does his/her own income tax returns -- I find that awesome. I don't like the nowadays usage of that word, but sometimes it is appropriate -- I am in awe of people who work with numbers in general and taxes in particular. I still use the CPA who used to do our business returns and pay way more than I need to for my more or less simple return, just to get it done and done right without my having nervous fits. Think I'd sooner handle snakes. Brrrr. Well, no. I take that back. But I would go without chocolate. For a while.

I still use the CPA who used to do our business returns and pay way more than I need to for my more or less simple return, just to get it done and done right without my having nervous fits. Think I'd sooner handle snakes. Brrrr.

I am in the same boat!

I am terrified of the IRS!

I feel fortunate that my tax guy is a bigger fussbudget than I am!:ermm::ohmy: :LOL:

Waiting for the Vet to call me. My little dog Sophie (She's my special baby)
sniffed up a fox tail this morning. She came back in from the back yard and couldn't stop sneezing, shaling her head, rubbing her eyes to get whatever it was out of herself.

I couldn't see antything with just a flashlight. Can't see much right now, having another ocular migraine, several so far today.

Sophie has to be sedated while they run the scope in. She should be home tonight.

So far the estimate is running close to $400.Plus they're charging me an extra $78.00 because the vet has to stay in and not take lunch. They're calling that an "Over booking." I'm calling it rape.:glare:

I don't mind paying for medical emergencies for the dogs. I do mind paying for this petty excess crap because somebody else is inconvenienced. This guy is the only one around, and knows it. It used to be about your dog. details can be worked out later.

Today it's "The bill is to be paid right now!" Or what? Hold my dog hostage? Now? When it's just an estimate? Get real!. She's going to need additional meds when she gets home.

Back
Top Bottom