What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a big CI pan with a lid if I am making them inside, but since I often grill them I use a brick outside. The sandwich is wrapped in foil.

And why would you think my brick is dirty?
People think nothing of brick pizza ovens? Just sayin' (to no one inparticular)

And if you've never had one you need to! It's one of the best sandwiches there is. Pork, ham, pickle, french bread works... all flattened out, or pressed... mmmm

...and Swiss cheese.

Some folks wrap the brick in foil so the dirty parts don't touch the food.

I would be afraid of the grill melting the plastic handles of a panini press when you set it on the sandwich :rolleyes:

;)
Consider treating yourself to one of these-
We cover the food contact surface with aluminum foil,

Attachments

• GriddlePress.jpg
    GriddlePress.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I just booked a ticket to Austin, TX, for late May-early June to visit my sister and brother-in-law. My dad is also flying in from Calif. I'm so excited! And the ticket was free with points we built up on our credit card. We use it for practically everything and pay it off every month. I still have over 100k points :)

one of bobby flay's throwdown challenges showcased the cuban sandwich. let me tell you, that episode, those incredible meat-filled sandwiches, got my juices flowing like a rushing river in springtime! in fact, i want one of those cubans right now....

I probably saw the same episode, Vit. That's where I got my grilled Cubans method from was a BF show. And also the roasted garlic/mayo/mustard spread that he used. Although sometimes I put nothing on them but butter.

I have spent the last four days dealing with my internet provider (Comcast). My service has been intermittent. Yesterday it finally gave out completely. I got a four day credit on my bill. Spike got on the phone and dealt with them. Funny how a man's voice can make them listen. Now that I have that straightened out, I have to try and see why I am not getting my emails from DC. :angel:

I just got back from the city. I stopped at a butchershop, picked up some city chicken for tonight's dinner and ordered a pork belly for next week... well, 1/3 of a pork belly. When he pulled one out he had already made into bacon and I saw how big it was I figured I did not want a whole belly for my first attempt at bacon.

Got part of my fence painted this afternoon with that oxblood-colored paint. It looks like an axe-murderer ran amok. But I like it.

Took a little ride this morning to a blueberry farm where their crop has just come in. I felt like Sheryl Crow in her "All I Wanna Do" song, where she and the guy next to her at the bar were getting their beer buzz, watching the good people across the street washing their cars. I bought 2 lbs. of berries from the already picked fridge while the good people were out in the field with buckets, picking their own. Cuz I'm old, that's why -- and besides they're only saving a buck a pound from the ready to go ones. I stopped at the store on the way home and bought a ready-made pie crust. Woe is me. Fatter is me, also. :pig:

PS - thanks for the Anzac info, Kylie.

I went to Costco. Bought a rotisserie chicken for supper, since I don't have time to cook and after finishing a day of work, Stirling doesn't have the energy. I also bought 3 litres of coffee cream, so that's covered, got some cheese, chips, organic whole grain cereal, some more Norwegian smoked salmon, and a box of 3 reams of recycled paper. I usually get the box of 10 reams, but I didn't want to schlep the big box. I'm down to one more ream of paper and I don't want to run out now, with all the tax returns I have to print.

Oh, and 6 bottles of pasata 'cause we were out.

This morning we are having sausages and eggs for breakfast, nice start to the day :)

We are then going to the garden centres to buy some English Box plants as they are good to plant in shady areas

Then we are going to be making sausage rolls YUM!

We will be mincing up pork sausages and adding some fennel seeds, should turn out lovely with the puff pastry :yum:

I then will be cutting Steve's hair and then later maybe watching The X-Files film I Want To Believe...I bought a blu ray for Steve's birthday last month that had both X-Files movies on it...we watched the first one yesterday Fight The Future...gee we have always loved The X-Files!

I've just put away the last tax return for today. I've gotten to the point of diminishing returns (no pun intended - I'm too tired). I'm just going to read and get to sleep early.

Hope you got a good nights sleep last night. I'm going through a phase where I fall asleep on the couch after my mom goes to work (around 10:45pm) and will normally wake up about 4 or 4:30 and get some stuff done around the house before my mom gets home at 7:30am.

Time now to get on with it all...but first I must go and cut up the chicken and get it marinating for dinner tonight :)

Have a lovely night everyone!

I'm fighting with my desktop computer. I do most of my work on the laptop, but the printer is attached to the desktop. I'll write more in "petty vents".

I am getting to watch the NFL draft.
Now... I just read that one of Gwyneth Paltrow's children was named Apple :ermm: OK... maybe she saw that Seinfeld episode and didn't want to name her kid Seven... But "Barkevious"??? :huh:
Where the heck do you come up with Barkevious? :wacko:
I mean, were there dogs barking outside when you were conceived? :LOL:

I just booked a ticket to Austin, TX, for late May-early June to visit my sister and brother-in-law. My dad is also flying in from Calif. I'm so excited! And the ticket was free with points we built up on our credit card. We use it for practically everything and pay it off every month. I still have over 100k points :)

I hope you enjoy your trip. My mom and I spent a week in Houston in October of 2005 to see my nephew and his family. They had just had their first child. When we were checking in at the hotel, the clerk told us that we were the first guests there for happy reasons - they had lots of guests that were put up there by FEMA after Katrina and Rita went through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom