What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went out to 2 different garden centres and bought 3 English Box plants, some coriander and some baby spinach.

Steve has already planted them all and planted the baby spinach and coriander in our vegetable planter :)

English Box plants - is that the boxwood hedge shrub? No offense, Kylie, but I gotta say, I can't stand those! :ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO: They smell like cat pee when they're wet. They're all over Colonial Williamsburg and this area - people are very proud of their English roots.

OTOH, I picked up a mojito mint plant at the farmer's market this afternoon, along with some asparagus and romaine. Yummy. Now I need to get planting.

Last edited:
I have been sitting at the computer since I had my heart incident this morning. Just relaxing. But all of a sudden my legs are having a LOT of pain in my thighs. I have never had this before. I hope it is just another arss ache of old age.

Last week my computer started to give me a lot of trouble. Finally on Wednesday night and Thursday it gave up the fight. I kept thinking it was the modem. Spike kept saying No. I was getting so frustrated with him. He finally took the modem back to Comcast after being on the phone with the technie for over an hour. Brought it home, hooked it up, some improvement. So they had him remove the splitter. Half goes to the TV. The computer started to work perfectly. But I didn't have the TV. So he went home, grabbed a brand new splitter, VOILA! All problems solved. I still can't get over how fast it is working. It comes on so fast. The modem and splitter were more than ten years old. The funny part (not really so funny) Comcast noticed on their end that I was having a problem before I did. But they couldn't contact me because I had never given them my new cell phone number when I got rid of the land line. All is well now and I am a happy camper.

I really need to eat something. But it is so nice out I may just go out to the front of the building and sit on the bench. I will make something later. I am not hungry, so it can wait.

I wish my daughter was home here in Eastie instead of Florida. I don't like the idea of her being so far away from her doctors. We could be sitting in her yard right now instead of me worrying. But her hubby is with her and I am sure she will be all right.

I just did a spell check before I hit the submit button. I am always surprised when there are no errors. The only problem I am having is that I am typing faster than the computer can handle, so I keep having to slow down. :angel:

Aloha friends!
Sitting on the lanai this am with my coffee. The birds are singing and a sneaky King Fisher is looking for breakfast among the lilly pads of the stream only a few feet away.
I want to snorkle later today but dont think my foot is good enough for a fin, so we will see. Weather is perfect..not too warm and no rain.
One finger typing on this Nook is a PITA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha friends!
Sitting on the lani this am with my coffee. The birds are singing and a sneaky King Fisher is looking for breakfast among the lilly pads of the stream only a few feet away.
I want to snorkle later today but dont think my foot is good enough for a fin, so we will see. Weather is perfect..not too warm and no rain.

I am so envious, Kayelle! Glad you're having a great time!

Go ahead and snorkel with one fin. I'd broken a foot a while back, and asked some of my snorkel/scuba friends, as well as my bone doc (also a snorkeler) about going with one fin or finless, and it's fine to use one fin on the good foot. Looks strange, but who cares. If it were me, I would hop in the water immediately!

Last edited:
We planted grass this morning, and cleaned out flower beds, and cleaned the kitchen, and watered trees. Now we stopped for so
E lunch.

English Box plants - is that the boxwood hedge shrub? No offense, Kylie, but I gotta say, I can't stand those! :ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO: They smell like cat pee when they're wet. They're all over Colonial Williamsburg and this area - people are very proud of their English roots.

I am not sure if they are boxwood and I dont think they grow into a hedge GG

We got these as there is already one down that side of the house and has grown to pass the height of our roof, we needed something that requires little sunlight down there and grew well, it looked like these were the ones :)

It is sooooo hard to find a plant/shrub over here that can grow in the shade, all the plants here love our Aussie sun :)

Good morning everyone :)

Lovely cool morning here, change came through overnight as it was a warmer day yesterday...it sounds like it has just started raining too, lovely :)

Relaxing day today, Ads, I have some ironing to do :LOL:

We will also be going out for a walk and maybe watching some movies this afternoon :)

Aloha friends!
Sitting on the lani this am with my coffee. The birds are singing and a sneaky King Fisher is looking for breakfast among the lilly pads of the stream only a few feet away.

Hello Kayelle, great to hear that you are having such a nice time, sounds lovely :)

hi kayelle! we love hearing from you, snorkeling single-finned off island reefs at your tropical shangri la retreat. savor every minute of it....:)

:LOL: Vit, you always make me smile, and this gave me a huge chuckle! :LOL:

Last night we watched the final of Masterchef Australia The Professionals...it was great and a chef called Rhys won...he wasnt one that we thought would win, but he is a very good chef nonetheless :)

is this for his b-day, bc? what kind of cake are you making for him?

Yup, his birthday is next week, we are having a big party tomorrow. I'm going to make a 1/4 sheet cake 4 thin layers, filled with almond flavored Swiss meringue buttercream, with shaved chocolate sprinkled over the buttercream. I'll probably brush the layers with an ameretto infused simple syrup. I'll enrobe the whole thing in dark chocolate ganache. Not sure how I'll decorate it.

Yup, his birthday is next week, we are having a big party tomorrow. I'm going to make a 1/4 sheet cake 4 thin layers, filled with almond flavored Swiss meringue buttercream, with shaved chocolate sprinkled over the buttercream. I'll probably brush the layers with an ameretto infused simple syrup. I'll enrobe the whole thing in dark chocolate ganache. Not sure how I'll decorate it.

Oh dear. All us DCers would love to be there, so now you need to bake us a virtual cake. Sorry to add to the pressure, Bakechef, and Happy Birthday to your partner!

You are not the only one. I had a heart incident as soon as I woke up and now am just takiing it easy. I do have things to do, but he house will be here long after I am gone. Today I am going to play being the "Slug." :angel:

:ohmy: I hope you are OK. Might I ask what kind of heart incident you had, if it's not too nosy of me? Please be careful.

Being enrobed in dark chocolate ganache doesn't sound half bad! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We need to see a picture of this one, it sounds fantastic!

Does he bake a cake for you on your birthday?

Last edited:
Sitting here eating supper and cruising the forums. Had popcorn shrimp with roasted squash and cherry and sunburst tomatoes. The tomatoes taste pretty good cooked in the oven, just have to remember not to put as much pepper on them next time.

OMG, bc! you make me crazy when you talk that talk..you know, those sensual cake parts that are being infused and brushed, enrobed and shaved...sounds absolutely wunnerrfull, butterrcream wunnerrful. wish i could be there for a piece of that!:) happy birthday to your honey. have a party that's worthy tomorrow-enjoy!:):).

Aloha friends!
Sitting on the lanai this am with my coffee. The birds are singing and a sneaky King Fisher is looking for breakfast among the lilly pads of the stream only a few feet away.

Seems to me being in the water would be good for your foot, nice gentle movement with no stress on the bones. Since Dawg knows more about snorkeling than I do, I would follow her advice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom