What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting here listening to the Stagecoach Country Music Festival that's on AXS.tv on Dish network. Rodney Atkins on now, Phil Vassar was on earlier. Also have some squash and onions roasting in the oven and will have them along with some leftover shrimp for supper.

Earlier I finished watching the Vikings marathon. The season finale is on later tonight. Too late IMO, but I'll try to stay up.
Now I'm watching a Military Channel show on snipers.
And eating brownies.

I just stained a few cedar boards for DH - he's building a cedar fence in the backyard to replace the old chain-link one. Now I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping, after I eat a couple slices of leftover pizza for lunch.

Here's a pic of part of the new fence. I'm so excited! :mrgreen:

Your fence looks great GG :)

Earlier I finished watching the Vikings marathon. The season finale is on later tonight. Too late IMO, but I'll try to stay up.
Now I'm watching a Military Channel show on snipers.
And eating brownies.

Are you still eating brownies :LOL:

I have seen that you are eating brownies in other threads too :ROFLMAO:

Keep up the good work!

I am heading out later this morning, hitting the shops to get some bits and pieces :)

Then just some relaxation this afternoon...lovely day to curl up on the recliner with my kindle as I have just started Marco Pierre White's The Devil in the Kitchen: Sex, Pain, Madness, and the Making of a Great Chef...loving it!

They're pretty good brownies, Kylie. They even have walnuts on them.
The only problem is I should have automatically bought another qt of milk. If I don't stop drinking milk with them I won't have any for my morning coffee.

Pac, I love the brownies with walnuts YUM!!

Sounds like you are getting a lot of calcium there too, good to hear! :)

Hope you have enough left for the morning though, very important that first coffee!

Pac, I love the brownies with walnuts YUM!!

Sounds like you are getting a lot of calcium there too, good to hear! :)

Hope you have enough left for the morning though, very important that first coffee!

And you know what else is good with coffee?
Brownies.

hearing a number of dcers mention the vikings series, (and not having access to game of thrones) i found it on hulu plus, and decided to watch a few episodes. here's the thing, you know what is the opposite of 'blood lust'? well, that's me, the opposite of blood lust. i don't enjoy watching battle scenes, swords and shields and hand-to-hand combat, horses getting hurt....

so, the rest of my critique, if you choose to read it, should come as no big surprise either. the accents. in attempting to sound like norse men (and women) about the best most of the actors seem able to manage is an imitation of english (british) accent with a mouth full of marbles, and a hint of a lisp tacked onto that. very irritating and difficult to ignore for a steady 3/4 hour.

then too, i like well developed characters and good dialogue. i prefer a meaningful story line to a series of fierce and bloody action scenes, with little evident purpose beyond aggression, lust and greed.

despite its flaws, i think the vikings does have its scenes and its memorable moments. there is some good acting here, apart from the phony accents. the writing, with its occasional authentic historical feel, and a few realistic scenes that come across as real and relatable, i believe shows potential to develop into a decent series..

i'm easy. i give vikings a C.:)

Last edited:
That was a good summation, Vit.
I too have a problem with phony accents. And not just in the Vikings series. Every time I am watching something where the accent just isn't quite right I think two words, Sean Connery :LOL: That actor's accent doesn't change no matter what character he is playing :wacko: Probably why the storyline always tries to work in a Welsh or Scottish background. That was tough to do in Crimson Tide though :rolleyes:
But yeah, they are too Bristish sounding, but no worse that Sean Connery playing a Russian submarine captain.

It is bloody, but it's not gratuitous blood anyway. That's probably why it's on so late. At least by my EST standards. The detail in the graphics though isn't just the show of blood, it's what I would call impact blood, or moving blood. I can imagine that would put a lot of people off due to its realism.

I'll say it's certainly a step out of their box for The History Channel, but you can only show so many repeats of MonsterQuest and Pawn Stars :LOL:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone :)

Lovely cool morning here, change came through overnight as it was a warmer day yesterday...it sounds like it has just started raining too, lovely :)

Relaxing day today, Ads, I have some ironing to do :LOL:

We will also be going out for a walk and maybe watching some movies this afternoon :)

Kylie, have you and Steve ever been to a museum for the history of Australia. I am a history nut and the history of your country is so diverse and interesting. You would be surprised at how many events in your country parallel ours. Ex. A gold rush. Land rush, settliing the land with pioneers of sort, etc. :angel:

That was a good summation, Vit.
I too have a problem with phony accents. And not just in the Vikings series. Every time I am watching something where the accent just isn't quite right I think two words, Sean Connery :LOL: That actor's accent doesn't change no matter what character he is playing :wacko: Probably why the storyline always tries to work in a Welsh or Scottish background. That was tough to do in Crimson Tide though :rolleyes:
But yeah, they are too Bristish sounding, but no worse that Sean Connery playing a Russian submarine captain.

It is bloody, but it's not gratuitous blood anyway. That's probably why it's on so late. At least by my EST standards. The detail in the graphics though isn't just the show of blood, it's what I would call impact blood, or moving blood. I can imagine that would put a lot of people off due to its realism.

I'll say it's certainly a step out of their box for The History Channel, but you can only show so many repeats of MonsterQuest and Pawn Stars :LOL:

Watch a rerun of Murder She Wrote. It is hilarious listening to the actors trying to do a Maine accent. :angel:

Watch a rerun of Murder She Wrote. It is hilarious listening to the actors trying to do a Maine accent. :angel:

Aside from Mass, I don't think I'd know one NE state from another.
I just don't get up that way to know.

I forgot to quote for the last post. It was the comment about grass being legal in colorado that I should have quoted. Sorry about that.

Didn't get to shoot because we were invited to a cook-out. We are still looking for ammo. Maybe next week.

Aside from Mass, I don't think I'd know one NE state from another.
I just don't get up that way to know.

It's easy to tell them apart. Maine is the biggest one up top. Vermont and New Hampshire are the vertical ones. Massachusetts is the horizontal one. Connecticut and Rhode Island are the bits on the bottom of New England.

They all talk funny except for us in Massachusetts.

oooh tin, you are turning positively bohemian lately, and of course i do so love to see that.:) i can just picture it tin, you eating blueberries out of a paper bag, unwashed, by the handful, having fun and watching the sun coming up on mullholland boulevard. then, heading home and eager to see your blood red fresh-painted fence on this bright sunny day--the taste of sweet berries still lingering on your lips....

right after reading your blueberry story with its sheryl crow description, tin, i confess to going straight to youtube for a feelgood party of rockin' out with sheryl crow and her free-wheeling 90s west coast music. whenever i listen to sheryl, i get this happy sensation of something very good about to happen....:)

at the risk of having already incurred your disfavor for my indiscretions past or present, let me just push right on past, tin.

i for one, would love to see this blood-curdling red fence of yours, tin. have you got a picture you could share? as they say, good fences make good
neighbors....:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom