What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from my dr's check up appt. He said all is healing as it should be. About half of the incision has grown back together, he still stressed to take it easy. I can go back to work very part time on May 13th, a month from the date of surgery. Seems like such a long time. Nice to know there is only a couple of weeks left anyway. Doc. also said I should be able to back to water walking on the 13th too. That made my whole day! : )

You are doing well SB, great to hear :)

Oops, that was wrong. It came with PicsArt, a photo editor. When I go to take a picture now, I get a choice of four cameras!
I had a look at it at the Google Play store and as usual, I looked at the "permissions" first.

One of the permissions it wants (and this isn't unusual):

"read phone status and identity
Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call." :ermm:

Last edited:
Just got back from my dr's check up appt. He said all is healing as it should be. About half of the incision has grown back together, he still stressed to take it easy. I can go back to work very part time on May 13th, a month from the date of surgery. Seems like such a long time. Nice to know there is only a couple of weeks left anyway. Doc. also said I should be able to back to water walking on the 13th too. That made my whole day! : )

Wow, that is great news. See what a little bit of patience will bring you? I am just so dang proud on you. I think I am going to adopt you so I can have just one more kid to brag about. And I can always use another grandkiddie also. :angel:

Thanks so much Ads :)

Hope you find one. It makes all the difference in cleaning a lot of wall tile in the bathroom. I just spray the wall with the Scrubbie Bubbles (or whatever cleaner you use) and then scrub down with the brush. Even I can do that. :angel:

I just got back from shopping. Today my youngest is stopping by in a little while with some very fresh farm eggs. I am so excited. I am ready to do the chicken dance. It has been years since I have had a farm fresh egg. Nothing like it.

Yesterday I went for my six month evaluation with the doctor. He said I pulled or twisted the tendon in my thigh. that makes sense. Considering all that I was doing last Saturday. I was climbing, bending, stretching and a whole of other moves that I don't usually do. And rest will do it the best. Today while shopping, I must have twisted it again. While I was checking out, all of a sudden my leg almost went from under me. I scared the hell out of Spike and the cashier. Bless my son. He stopped everything and held up the line so he could help me. He even had me sit on his lap on the store scooter and drove me out to the car and then went back in to finish checking out. It is a good thing I carry some Vicodin with me at all times. He opened my OJ and gave it to me so I could take one. Then as usual he brought all my groceries up to my apartment, and put them all away. I bought two beautiful Haddock fillets. He can't STAND fish. Doesn't even want to go by the fish department in the store. He used a clothes pin to pick up that fish packet and put it in the fridge for me.

If I could wish just one thing for all of you it would be that you have someone in your life like Spike. There isn't one person that I know of that has anything bad to say about him. He will go out of his way to help anyone that needs it. Even at his own inconvenience. Oh he has his faults. Some of them are very worrisome to me. Like pushing himself too hard in spite of having had eight heart attacks. I live in fear that I will get "that" phone call. Last year he had a defibrillator installed in his chest. Every three months he goes down to the clinic here in Eastie, they plug him in to the phone line and send the info into his doctor in Boston. Ya just gotta luv modern technology.

I need to go lay down and give my leg a rest. :angel:

Spike sounds like a treasure. Have you told him?

:angel:

Oh yes. But if I say "I love you", his response is "They are working on a pill for that. You can be cured." He just doesn't go for that mushy stuff. I think he is still ten y.o.

Each on of my kids has a title. My daughter is my favorite First Born Child. Spike is my favorite First Born Son, The Pirate is my favorite Middle Son and Poo is my favorte Youngest Child. :angel:

Oh yes. But if I say "I love you", his response is "They are working on a pill for that. You can be cured." He just doesn't go for that mushy stuff. I think he is still ten y.o.

Each on of my kids has a title. My daughter is my favorite First Born Child. Spike is my favorite First Born Son, The Pirate is my favorite Middle Son and Poo is my favorte Youngest Child. :angel:

Awww ... I like how they are all your favorite !!

In the middle of making a batch of onion bagels. They are second rising now and I'm about to boil and bake them.

Yum Andy! That sounds delicious. I'm catching up on all the laundry and assorted housework before I make a quick run shopping and to a work meeting.

I just got in from cutting the back. What a beautiful day to be outside, but I've been out most of the day and now I'll take a breather so I don't OD on this good weather.

I just got in from cutting the back. What a beautiful day to be outside, but I've been out most of the day and now I'll take a breather so I don't OD on this good weather.

You really have to pace yourself. The good weather will be here for a while.

Wondering why we were sent a Ticket like fine for something that we didn't do. It's a $25.00 fine so far. Pay up by next month or it's up to $150.00.
They say that we were in L.A. earlier this month. We supposedly didn't have some type of sticker on the vehicle in question that allows us to be in the carpool lane legally.

For starters I wouldn't be caught dead in L.A. Besides I'm still grounded.

At the day and time they gave it's impossible that we were there, and back home again. With our schedules? Impossible. Besides the gas bill and mileage would have been known. In that particular vehicle.. Are they kidding me? that tank stays parked! Our sons definatly wouldn't do something as stupid as that. They've been ruled out. At the time given we were all home and sleeping.

Another thing that bothers me is that the form asks for credit card and lice #'s.. Not a chance that I'm giving that kind of info up. Especially to a business that doesn't have a 1-800 # and uses a p.o. box.

They say we can dispute it over the phone. They might own up it's a computer mistake.

Or we can pay the extortion fee of $25.00. That can be waived if we join up using their services. To join up is a $25.00 fee.

Anyone else here think this is a bit odd?
The Boss will be talking with someone about it later today. Hopefully it's just a mistake and not some kind of scam.

I don't see a location listed for you, Munky, so I'm not sure how far away you might be from LA and whether or not this was even remotely possible, but don't these types of tickets usually have a photo of the vehicle or license plate? I've never heard of a mail ticket that was not accompanied by some kind of surveillance so you know they "got you" dead to rights.

Back
Top Bottom