What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see a location listed for you, Munky, so I'm not sure how far away you might be from LA and whether or not this was even remotely possible, but don't these types of tickets usually have a photo of the vehicle or license plate? I've never heard of a mail ticket that was not accompanied by some kind of surveillance so you know they "got you" dead to rights.

I'm at least 4+hrs from the location. One way.
It is impossible that any of us were anywhere near L.A at that time. It was a work day.

They gave us a license plate # that was taken by a camera. They have been known to be wrong. Someone could have take the # and put the info in wrong. Nobody has me dead to rights when I'm right.

This particular company has been known to be wrong before. Proven wrong in court. Consumer affairs are aware of them.

For us to prove that they are wrong would mean a trip to L.A. That's time, money and expenses that we don't have. So were probably just going to pay the extortionist what they want. Get them out of the way. We'll see what happens.

Listening to my MP3 to delete unwanted music. I couldn't get anything to load on to it when I first bought it (about a year ago), so a friend who knows I pretty much was going to use it for workouts and didn't like modern stuff, just loaded something like the past 40 years of the top 100 Billboard hits. When I'm walking or weight lifting I don't like to stop and delete so sometimes I just sit here and delete the rap, or even songs I like that are too slow, not upbeat enough to get my speed up when walking (still recovering from the hip fracture, the limp is almost gone unless I'm really tired). I'd like to get it down to just music I like for exercise. I think he started me off with 775 songs. Roll of eyes. Amazing what a little thing can hold!

To Munky:
I wouldn't pay it, but that's me. You're right. The whole thing does sound fishy.
If you are set on sending them the money, send them a money order so they don't have your account number and send it registered so you have proof they received it.

I agree with Pac, Munky, this sounds very fishy, and may even be a scam. Can you look up the number online to make sure it's legit? Do you have a friend or aquaintance with legal/police experience who can give you some advice? Can you call the local cop shop to verify it, and ask what else you could do? I find it unacceptable that they would make you drive to LA to plead your case, though stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
I agree with Pac, Munky, this sounds very fishy, and may even be a scam. Can you look up the number online to make sure it's legit? Do you have a friend or aquaintance with legal/police experience who can give you some advice? Can you call the local cop shop to verify it, and ask what else you could do? I find it unacceptable that they would make you drive to LA to plead your case, though stranger things have happened.

Contact the actual government department responsible for traffic tickets and ask them about it. If it's a scam, they'll know, if not they're the first step in protesting the charge.

You could also contact the state attorney general's office as they would be investigating frauds and would know about this.

Hubby called that #. Gave them the info to verify.
It's been dismissed. They will let DMV know about the error and have it corrected. We will be notified by mail that's it's been taken care of.

What had happened was a complete mis identification on several things.
They brought up the image.

First mistake... License on the vehicle was partially blocked by a towing hitch.

Second... Make/ model/ year/ color of the vehicle was ALL wrong!

Third...info entered into the computer was misread.

They were looking for a Tacoma. That's not what the info they gave us said in writing.

@Dawgy.. I have friends in places I didn't think I had.. Kinda nice, wouldn't ya say? I hope some of them are lowly characters. I'd feel more at home with them. J/K... :LOL:

If we felt that we needed to Lawyer up and go to L.A. we would have.
We would have ample proof that they were wrong, and they can now reimburse us for our time money and expenses.

Ooops on them.

What if it was a tourist just passing through? I had no idea such a sticker existed. We don't have those type of lanes around here. Whatever happened to head counts? Isn't it up to the CHP to decide when you've made a mistake? Look how wrong a camera actually was. Go figure.

Munky, so glad you got it resolved! To simply send 'em $25, that would make me mad. To use such strong-arm tactics on innocent people also makes me mad. :mad:

Last edited:
munky, they give out tickets like candy in little podunk towns in upstate ny specifically to out of state drivers expecting that they'll just pay and not have to deal with the trip back to court.

at least here in nyc, most tickets can be fought via the mail. not dangerous ones, or tickets for when an accident or injury is involved, but simple parking, speeding, and red light cameras don't require a personal visit if you have solid proof for dismissal.

I'm grillin'. Yep, that's what I'm doing.
And fixing to watch another movie I've seen before.
Life in the fast lane... err, not Munky's fast lane, lol.

munky, they give out tickets like candy in little podunk towns in upstate ny specifically to out of state drivers expecting that they'll just pay and not have to deal with the trip back to court.

at least here in nyc, most tickets can be fought via the mail. not dangerous ones, or tickets for when an accident or injury is involved, but simple parking, speeding, and red light cameras don't require a personal visit if you have solid proof for dismissal.

They do that here to. The state needs money, they will get it some how some way.

We've always told our kids if your pulled over just stop. Do what the Officer says. Don't argue. Take the ticket.Disputes can be settled when the time comes. That Officer wants to go home safely to. You will most likely be given a verbal warning and let go. Nothing happens.

In this case it was wrong in how we were informed. The wording of it implied you pay $25 fine or the membership that you actually don't need or your going to have to pay a larger sum of money sooner or later. It's up to you. Wrong no matter how you look at it.

I wouldn't have been happy to give out 25 for something that I didn't do.
But also knowing everybody's schedule it would have been the easiest way to go.

LOL Pac. previewed my post.. What fast lane? They crashed.
Believe they're staying at the Hotel California now. They can never leave :LOL:

me neither, but of course, now i had to look up sur la table for myself. thanks a lot, pf. in return, here's an exciting web site where i've been spending way too much of my time and money lately:

6pm.com (they have free shipping on ALL orders):)

Glad I could spread the joy...I had managed to not go look every time someone mentioned them in the forums. But, to have a catalog in my hands, hard to avoid.

I put the car in for it's 6 monthly service this morning and I have just walked up and got it back...always a good feeling when it has been serviced :)

Grabbed a few things at the shops while I was out too

A good walk I have had today too, walking back this morning from dropping the car in and the walk to collect it...about 40 minutes all up...time for a shower now :)

i need a shower. :ohmy:

after dinner tonight, my boy and i had a wicked game of wiffle ball in the back yard. he was so proud of himself that he finally learned how to throw a deadly slider, a screwgie, and how to pull the string in a changeup.

then we came indside and had a 14 hour duel on the wii playing mlb 2k13.

it's surpising how much you can sweat playing video games.

Wow, that is great news. See what a little bit of patience will bring you? I am just so dang proud on you. I think I am going to adopt you so I can have just one more kid to brag about. And I can always use another grandkiddie also. :angel:
I would be very proud!:angel::angel:

I'm at least 4+hrs from the location. One way.
It is impossible that any of us were anywhere near L.A at that time. It was a work day.

They gave us a license plate # that was taken by a camera. They have been known to be wrong. Someone could have take the # and put the info in wrong. Nobody has me dead to rights when I'm right.

This particular company has been known to be wrong before. Proven wrong in court. Consumer affairs are aware of them.

For us to prove that they are wrong would mean a trip to L.A. That's time, money and expenses that we don't have. So were probably just going to pay the extortionist what they want. Get them out of the way. We'll see what happens.

Sure smells to me. And I don't even drive. :angel:

burning is a big activity around here:furious:....helped a neighbor burn tumbleweeds this morning, this is the fourth burning I have participated in, at some point I will remember the marshmallows:yum:

sounds like fun. who doesn't have a little pyromaniac in them?

i really badly want a weed torch for my garden, but dw says no. she thinks i'll chase the kids on my block around with it like it's a flame thrower... :angel:

Shopping is done, bills paid, now relaxing while waiting for a nice Tyson pork shoulder to come to room temperature before braising in beer.

Back
Top Bottom