What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all i can say is splurge and go wireless: mouse, keyboard, audio, internet, etc..
in america, you can write them off as a business expense, then depreciate their value as further in later years.

not sure how canucks do that.
how many pucks can you write off lost in a spring thaw?

A wireless mouse might be a plan. Hmm, wireless numeric key pad? That might actually work. Here in Canada we depreciate that stuff and call it "capital cost allowance".

Cashiers, accountants, and folks who use just one part of their body for a long period of time run into that problem. Folks who work with figures all day long on a keypad damage their fingers and wrist. Cashiers damage their wrists because of the constant waving the bar code over the reader. And it usually their right wrist. Repetitive work damage to the body is a very serious problem in the working world. :angel:

That's why I bought an electric stapler!

Oh! d 'oh! That might work, but I will need to find stuff that works with wireless.

It's all over the place now TL! I have a wireless mouse, it was fairly inexpensive. It's tougher to remember to pick up your wireless items before you wander off.

Son of a gun! It's Cochran! I called it!

(Winner of Survivor). Sorry. :blush: too enthusiastic....

Last edited:
If you feel up to it after working, try to pamper him for a change. A nice back rub will do wonders for his exhaustion. And it sure won't hurt your marriage and relationship. Concentrate on the shoulders and the back of his neck. That is where the tension builds up. Don't be surprised if he falls asleep in the middle of it. A hot shower (maybe for the two of you together) and then a back rub for him.

Just a thought. Would it make it easier for him if you showed up at his busiest time and then put in your five hours? Don't make the mistake of pushing yourself too hard. You still need time to get back to your regular hours. I am glad that you took those two breaks. They will be needed for a month or two, regardless of how good you feel. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and taking it slow. Keep up the good work. :angel:
Thank you Addie:angel:It's always so nice to have you in my corner. I have been trying to give dh a little more tlc lately.
Had a great day for mothers day today. Up early to go to 7 30 am mass, then we had a catering for 250. Home by 1 00, then off to lunch, all 3 of us together, a nice family day. Home for a nap then we just got back from the movie"Gatsby". Nice treat to go for a cherry berry frozen yogurt after the movie, just a great day overall. Hope you had a wonderful mother's day as well.:angel:

The little town I live in has 5 museums that are all open free to local residents every Sunday. I have been concentrating on one, an architecturally significant house/museum that my builder recommended I study, and today I will move onto a different museum.
We all love going to museums as well. Every summer we take at least a week off from work just to get away. There are so many interesting ones. This year we have to stay a little closer to home, with all of the mounting medical bills coming in. I have been looking in Omaha, NE this year trying to find some fun ones there. We have been to the ones in town here a couple times each. A person can always seem to find something different everytime you go regardless if you've been there before.

Today I did a bit of shopping and then went to mums for a chat and coffee :)

This afternoon I got a phone call from mum wanting me to come over, she had fallen over in her kitchen, there was some water on the floor that hadnt dried from the mopping

I jumped in the car and headed straight over there, it is only about a 10 minute drive

I gave her some Nurofen and made her a nice cup of coffee, she just wanted me there as it gave her a bit of a shock and her ankle hurt a bit and her knee and legs where she fell but she is OK!

I just get so worried when I hear that she has had a fall

Glad she's OK. It can be scary for older folks when they fall. It get's harder to bounce right back up from a fall when you're older.

Today I did a bit of shopping and then went to mums for a chat and coffee :)

This afternoon I got a phone call from mum wanting me to come over, she had fallen over in her kitchen, there was some water on the floor that hadnt dried from the mopping

I jumped in the car and headed straight over there, it is only about a 10 minute drive

I gave her some Nurofen and made her a nice cup of coffee, she just wanted me there as it gave her a bit of a shock and her ankle hurt a bit and her knee and legs where she fell but she is OK!

I just get so worried when I hear that she has had a fall

If your Mum keeps having pain she needs to go in and have x-rays done. She may have a fine fracture. If this is becoming frequent get her into the doctor.

We all love going to museums as well. Every summer we take at least a week off from work just to get away. There are so many interesting ones. This year we have to stay a little closer to home, with all of the mounting medical bills coming in. I have been looking in Omaha, NE this year trying to find some fun ones there. We have been to the ones in town here a couple times each. A person can always seem to find something different everytime you go regardless if you've been there before.

We have a children's museum here where parents can let their kids run free once you go through the front door. It is not a daycare, they actually learn things according to their age. As a girl scout myself, we used to go there. And right next door is the transportation museum for Dad. Well, the whole family. But Dad goes crazy when he sees the 1800's cars. :angel:

When we moved from Oregon to Ohio we had to shrink our inventory substantially. That meant we had to sell our gorgeous sofa.

We arrived in Ohio with 3 chairs - 2 recliners and 1 glider and that's it. So for a bit over 4 years we have not had a sofa ... was getting real tired of that !

So this morning DH decided it was a good day to begin shopping for a sofa - and when DH has the desire to shop I jump on it .. he is not a fan of any kind of shopping. We made a list of 3 places to visit today and 3 tomorrow with lunch out both days.

We only made it to 1 place .. they had EXACTLY what we would have created if we'd known there was such a critter. We decided that what we found simply could not be topped so we went ahead and bought it.

It will be here in about 6 weeks. We ordered it in a different color than what they had there.

It is the MOST comfortable sofa I've ever encountered. It has dual recliners. It is a powered sofa so the recliners are also massagers :ohmy:

The recline on these is from very slight to complete layout. The depth of the seat is nice ... I'm short so my feet never touch the floor on a sofa if I sit all the way back .. they do on this one .. yayyyyy !

It comes with an emergency battery pack so that if you are all reclined and comfy and the power goes out you can get out of it ... LOL I say .. to heck with that .. someone bring me a blankie !!

Then we had a very nice lunch at a local English Pub we hadn't tried yet. It was a super day here !!

So since we have about 6 weeks to wait we are going to take advantage and re-paint, clean the carpet and all that good stuff.

Last edited:
sure would be great if you could share a pic of your new sofa, mrslmb. now you have me all excited too! it will be fun getting your place ready and painted in the meantime, while you wait for delivery....:)

Last edited:
Sounds great! When you are fully reclined and the doorbell rings, you'll be painfully aware of how long it takes to get out of the recliner.

Glad she's OK. It can be scary for older folks when they fall. It get's harder to bounce right back up from a fall when you're older.

Thank you Andy :)

Yes, it is scary as I worry what it does to her poor bones and back etc

She was wearing these slip on shoes that are sort of a rubbery plastic type material and would have been very slippery on the wet floor, she has said she will not wear them again whilst mopping floors!

She wanted me there as she had a bit of a shock, so I was glad I could get there so quickly for her :)

She stayed over at her partners last night, he came and picked her up as I didnt want her driving...I will be phoning her this morning to she how she is feeling

If your Mum keeps having pain she needs to go in and have x-rays done. She may have a fine fracture. If this is becoming frequent get her into the doctor.

Thanks Fi, I will certainly be asking her this morning when I phone her how she is feeling and that she should get a check over if she still feels pain. I have no doubt she will be very sore in lots of places this morning the poor thing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom