What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How far out are you willing to travel for vacation? I'm not a Nebraska expert, my only experience (so far) is a layover in the Omaha airport. Lincoln is probably an hour away - gotta be something there you haven't seen, right? Maybe head to Kansas City for some ribs and a Royals baseball game? I'll warn you though, the best ribs are in the middle of rugged neighborhoods - but boy were they great! We never felt like we were in danger, but us three white folks from OH sure felt pale. ;)

If you feel like venturing as far as St. Lou they have ALL kinds of things for all kinds of ages. That one is more like 6-7 hour drive.

But the best of all? There's always Cleveland! :) No, seriously! West Side Market is worth the trip all by itself! "I gotta get to Cleveland!"

We live in SE S.D. we have gone on vacation every summer for the last 12 years. We have taken 2 different cruises: 1 from Calf. to Ensanada Mex. another from New York up thru Novia Scotia. We've also gone to Washington D.C. Spent a few days in New york city, We were 10 days in florida & did the Disney theme park thing. We also spent a few days touring L.A & Hollywood. We spent a week in northern Minnesota on the Canadian border, beautiful area, just needed more stuff to do than the whole nature thing. Love going to the larger cities. We love to travel by flying or driving. Have been thinking about trying Amtrack sometime, have'nt done that yet. We did take the train from NYC to Wahington D.C. This year medical bills have depleted alot of our vacation funds. Omaha is only a little over 3 hours away....affordable this year. Some day I would love to go overseas somewhere, maybe to tour Europe. Life would be grand to be able to afford to be able to travel the world & see & experience everything! Would love to hear from everyone what your city or country :wub: has to offer!!

We love Omaha! Sounds like you've gone to a lot of fun places, SB! Train travel, either east or west would be fun too.

Hawaii, especially Kauai, when you can afford it, is amazing.

Last edited:
We live in SE S.D. we have gone on vacation every summer for the last 12 years. We have taken 2 different cruises: 1 from Calf. to Ensanada Mex. another from New York up thru Novia Scotia. We've also gone to Washington D.C. Spent a few days in New york city, We were 10 days in florida & did the Disney theme park thing. We also spent a few days touring L.A & Hollywood. We spent a week in northern Minnesota on the Canadian border, beautiful area, just needed more stuff to do than the whole nature thing. Love going to the larger cities. We love to travel by flying or driving. Have been thinking about trying Amtrack sometime, have'nt done that yet. We did take the train from NYC to Wahington D.C. This year medical bills have depleted alot of our vacation funds. Omaha is only a little over 3 hours away....affordable this year. Some day I would love to go overseas somewhere, maybe to tour Europe. Life would be grand to be able to afford to be able to travel the world & see & experience everything! Would love to hear from everyone what your city or country :wub: has to offer!!

Try Googling Garden of Eden Lucas Kansas - a somewhat longer trip down through Nebraska to Kansas, but take a look. There's the Grassroots Art Center also that you might enjoy. Google is certainly a big help in searches like this. Planning is half the fun.

My daughter just happened to stop at the Garden of Eden a couple of years ago and says it's a hoot.

We live in SE S.D....Some day I would love to go overseas somewhere, maybe to tour Europe. Life would be grand to be able to afford to be able to travel the world & see & experience everything!

Oops, for some reason I thought you were in Omaha. Oops. :ermm: Well, in that case I got nuthin'. :LOL:

Actually, if I were in your place I might skip a real vacation, saving up for UT. We spent a day in Bryce Canyon - beautiful! Our male offspring and I thought it was so much MORE than even the Grand Canyon. A friend who has traveled out that way a lot would suggest Valley Of The Gods, also in UT. We didn't have time for that...or Zion...or Monument Valley...

We prefer traveling by car - airline pilots just don't appreciate "hey, could we look at that?" coming from their passengers the way Himself does! I've been to at 34 states so far, Himself a couple more, spending at least a few hours in a state to see something. IMO there is so much to see in this country I'm not really interested in seeing Europe - although you COULD talk me into a Rhine River Cruise. Another friend and her hubby did a week-long trip and her photos were "I want to go"ish! I've got fingers crossed that we could do something like that for our 40th anniversary.

Montana has...Me and Glacier National Park, the park is fantastic! I'm cranky and would remind you of a grizzly.

I'm sitting here giggling. I went out back for a smoke. I was standing in front of the patio doors and there are lights on. Some teen aged boys walked by. One of the stopped and started to pee on my flowers. I said, "Are your really pi__ing in my yard?" "Oh, I'm so sorry!" and he ran off. Ha ha ha, the old lady caught him. :ROFLMAO:

But, really dude, if you're gonna pee in someone's yard, shouldn't you look to see if someone is watching? :LOL:

I'm sitting here giggling. I went out back for a smoke. I was standing in front of the patio doors and there are lights on. Some teen aged boys walked by. One of the stopped and started to pee on my flowers. I said, "Are your really pi__ing in my yard?" "Oh, I'm so sorry!" and he ran off. Ha ha ha, the old lady caught him. :ROFLMAO:

But, really dude, if you're gonna pee in someone's yard, shouldn't you look to see if someone is watching? :LOL:

I was talking to my neighbors last week when a car stopped, a man got out and he went into the job johnny that's been sitting across the street, still somewhat in use by the sewer line crew.
I suppose if it hadn't been there...

Linda, you needed an M1 Garand like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. "Get off my lawn." :ohmy::LOL:

That is so funny :LOL:

if it is a really pressing issue, dude may have little else on his mind until...taxy, you smoke?

just didn't fit in with my image of our taxy....:ohmy:

now i'm curious to know--how many of our dcers are currently smokers?

Last edited:
I was just reading about the toilet paper shortage in Venezuela.

Maybe I better pick up a couple rolls when I go out later this morning! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

kidding aside, one of the worst imaginable shortages to have, imo. I would sooner do without my COFFEE or cable, or....what else(?)

Last edited:

LOL!!! I hope it made him shy to pee in public...:ROFLMAO:

if it is a really pressing issue, dude may have little else on his mind until...taxy, you smoke?

just didn't fit in with my image of our taxy....:ohmy:

now i'm curious to know--how many of our dcers are currently smokers?

I am a smoker, always will be...it has now been 2 years and 5 months since my last cigarette.

I am a smoker, always will be...it has now been 2 years and 5 months since my last cigarette.

I too am a smoker. Have no desire to quit. I have been smoking since I was ten. I am now 74. Don't you think it is a little late for me to quit?

PF, on one of our trips cross country by car, we stopped in Missoula. It was at a diner. We had breakfast and was listening to the natives talking about their crop, land problems, cattle, etc. When we left I looked to my left. The land was flat but off in the distance were the mountains. They still had some snow on top. They looked so beautiful Like God had them in his hand and just put them down where the world could admire them. I still have the picture in my head. :angel:

kidding aside, one of the worst imaginable shortages to have, imo. I would sooner do without my COFFEE or cable, or....what else(?)

You would never make it with Pioneer Camping. You use leaves.

And during the depression, there was always last years Sears and Roebuck catalog. :angel:

I too am a smoker. Have no desire to quit. I have been smoking since I was ten. I am now 74. Don't you think it is a little late for me to quit?

PF, on one of our trips cross country by car, we stopped in Missoula. It was at a diner. We had breakfast and was listening to the natives talking about their crop, land problems, cattle, etc. When we left I looked to my left. The land was flat but off in the distance were the mountains. They still had some snow on top. They looked so beautiful Like God had them in his hand and just put them down where the world could admire them. I still have the picture in my head. :angel:

You sure it was Missoula, Addie? Sounds more like Eastern Montana. Missoula sits in a bowl with all sides formed by a different mountain range: Bitterroot, Mission and Sapphire, 5 rivers flow into the valley.

I've never had even one cigarette. I think that's because I grew up with two parents who were chain smokers. I never fathomed why anyone would allow themselves to constantly smell of smoke, mess up furniture, clothes, vehicles, etc. Why? They were never without a smoke. I never understood it and could never justify the expense, especially now. I see the advertised prices at the gas stations and quick marts and I'm shocked.

It just never interested me.

Back
Top Bottom