What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hunting accident. The last year PA hunters did not have to wear any orange when small game hunting. So of course no one wore any orange when pheasant hunting.
Three of us were converging where we thought a pheasant took cover. We couldn't get the dog to cross the wet area to hunt it out. I lost interest and moved about 15 yds away from where I was, or my buddy last saw me anyway. A bird flushed inbetween me and him and that's all she wrote. I took the blast OK, nothing got through my duck canvas, though it did knock me flat on my back, but one pellet hit me right above my collarbone, changed course and nicked my lung.
A few days in ICU and then the cardiac ward and I OK enough to go home, but cold air (and smoke) bothered my lung for a while.

hoo boy, pac, that sounds like it was a very close call. glad you came out alright in the end. you are wearing the orange colors now, right? :)

Thanks PF. I haven't paid attention to horse racing for a while (obviously).

You are welcome, I only pay attention to the big three, Derby, Preakness and Belmont. I don't go to the races and definitely do not bet on them..."Why'd you pick that horse?" He had pretty eyes...:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

hoo boy, pac, that sounds like it was a very close call. glad you came out alright in the end. you are wearing the orange colors now, right? :)

uhh, I don't really hunt anymore :ermm: but I've been meaning to start again :)
I finished out the year and couldn't stop flinching when I heard a closeby shot, especially during deer season (I did get my deer though).
Now I'd just go out back where it's not public land, so not many hunters.

Good morning/evening :)

We had a lovely sleep in this morning, so nice and warm in bed, just didnt want to get out!

This morning Steve is cooking me a fry up YUM!! Looking forward to that :yum:

I am going to do a bit more gardening today and we will be watching a movie or two this afternoon, nice relaxing one :)

Hunting accident. The last year PA hunters did not have to wear any orange when small game hunting. So of course no one wore any orange when pheasant hunting.
Three of us were converging where we thought a pheasant took cover. We couldn't get the dog to cross the wet area to hunt it out. I lost interest and moved about 15 yds away from where I was, or my buddy last saw me anyway. A bird flushed inbetween me and him and that's all she wrote. I took the blast OK, nothing got through my duck canvas, though it did knock me flat on my back, but one pellet hit me right above my collarbone, changed course and nicked my lung.
A few days in ICU and then the cardiac ward and I OK enough to go home, but cold air (and smoke) bothered my lung for a while.

OMG Pac .. that's a little too close for comfort :(

So glad you made it okay !!

Now V ... you know very well he has no time for silly things like hunting now .. he's too busy Makin' Bacon !! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Now V ... you know very well he has no time for silly things like hunting now .. he's too busy Makin' Bacon !! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Heck, I put orange cones up around the smoker just so none of those NY hunters shoot it by accident :LOL:

Congrats, Andy...I will have a big celebration then, too. Have you had any "fake" HA's since yours? I've had three so far, feels like it but it's not, just anxiety.

I have had three HA's. Each time I thought it was a low blood pressure problem. I have a BP machine and Winthrop wants me to keep my eye on my BP. I don't have much faith in the home ones, although this one has been recommended by Winthrop. So I take it anyway before I take my BP meds. If it is too low like tonight, I have to pull my BP meds out and not take them. The symtoms are different for men and women. For me I get a slight pain in the back of my upper arms. For Spike, he gets a hard pressing pain in the middle of his chest. My blood pressure drops, his goes up. So if you think you are having a heart attack, you can't go by the symtoms your spouse had. It is better to call 911 instead and be sure. :angel:

Ouch! Big ouch! So glad you are still with us.

I was having clusters of abscesses and had a really nasty one on my upper spine. It had grown tentacles and was starting to wrap around my spine. So they had to do surgery on it and left a big hole in my back. Every summer when I had a bathing suit on, folks would ask me what happened. I got sick of telling them so I made up a story. "I got caught in the crossfire and was shot by the police by accident. I don't like to talk about it." Everyone believed me, even my kids. For years they thought it was really true. The Pirate for years told all his friends that his mother had a bullet hole in her back. It wasn't until last year I finally told him the truth. Now he doesn't know what to believe. :angel:

:wacko:Okay, I was sitting here with Spike and he had a brainstorm. (oh dear) For all our members in Engand and other countries that drive on the left side of the road, he has a question.

We drive on the right side and in school we are taught to go up and down the right side of the stairs.

So for those countries that drive on the left side, are you taught to go up and down the left side of the stairs?

He needs to get a life. Too much time to think. This is not my child. I found him in a cabbage patch. :angel:

Pac, so glad you are still among the living. We'd miss ya, even though we might not have known ya.

...I got back from the store 30 minutes ago. I bought some corn, some pop and put $10 on tonight's powerball. I almost forgot about that, too.

Didja win? Didja win?? 10, 13, 14, 22, 52 with Powerball number 11

If you won I have a suggestion as to what you could do with some of the money. More Bacon! :chef: BaconBaconBacon. OOoo, and a bigger smoker. Hope ya won! :yum:

Congrats to our heart attack survivors. Much better than winning a "reality" show on CBS. Lots of healthy years ahead!

I only remember how long on the not smoking because I quit smoking the day before I had my heart attack...won't be forgetting that soon....

My Mom didn't know she was having a heart attack at age 60 - she thought it was a bad case of indigestion (she had a condition called "spasmodic stomach"). So what did she do? Sit up all night long drinking coffee and smoking! :shock: Once in the hospital where she couldn't smoke she figured she may as well stay off them so she didn't HA again. Wasn't easy but she never smoked again.

Congrats, Andy...I will have a big celebration then, too. Have you had any "fake" HA's since yours? I've had three so far, feels like it but it's not, just anxiety.

A few days after getting out of the hospital we were in Costco. I felt weird and panicked. I took a nitro pill and all my systems went weird. I got a ride to the hospital where they told me to go home because there was nothing wrong with me.

Since then, smooth sailing.

A few days after getting out of the hospital we were in Costco. I felt weird and panicked. I took a nitro pill and all my systems went weird. I got a ride to the hospital where they told me to go home because there was nothing wrong with me.

Since then, smooth sailing.

LOL! I was in Costco the day before having a heart attack, drove home having a heart attack, it woke me up three times during the night. I finally told Shrek the next morning (after looking up signs and symptoms online), "Well, it's either a medication reaction, a panic attack or a heart attack."

The techs were wheeling the EKG out of the room when I told them if they wanted a good reading on what I was experiencing they should hook me back up, it's starting again. That was the big one that didn't stop.

The fakes happen on my left side, the real one was on my right. Now that I know what to look for, I take anti-anxiety medication and it stops. I used to have GI upsets when anxious, now I have heart symptoms:rolleyes:

Gee, thanks, I think. Actually, I was hoping to have a lot more anniversaries.

Oops, that didn't come out right. I meant many more non-HA anniversaries! Oh, heck, you know what I meant!

Last edited:
Congrats to our heart attack survivors. Much better than winning a "reality" show on CBS. Lots of healthy years ahead!

My Mom didn't know she was having a heart attack at age 60 - she thought it was a bad case of indigestion (she had a condition called "spasmodic stomach"). So what did she do? Sit up all night long drinking coffee and smoking! :shock: Once in the hospital where she couldn't smoke she figured she may as well stay off them so she didn't HA again. Wasn't easy but she never smoked again.

I had symptoms that were nothing like what I had learned to watch for in a heart attack. Felt like someone was squeezing my throat and my right shoulder. No chest pain, actually no pain...just mild constriction. Heck it was happening as we drove to the ER. I sure got hollered at about not calling for an ambulance.:rolleyes: I was walking, talking and making jokes, didn't think I was in that much danger.

Back
Top Bottom