What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only the matched the powerball number.
Trying to decide what to do with my $4 "winnings"...

LOL! I was in Costco the day before having a heart attack, drove home having a heart attack, it woke me up three times during the night. I finally told Shrek the next morning (after looking up signs and symptoms online), "Well, it's either a medication reaction, a panic attack or a heart attack."

The techs were wheeling the EKG out of the room when I told them if they wanted a good reading on what I was experiencing they should hook me back up, it's starting again. That was the big one that didn't stop.

The fakes happen on my left side, the real one was on my right. Now that I know what to look for, I take anti-anxiety medication and it stops. I used to have GI upsets when anxious, now I have heart symptoms:rolleyes:

Men are much better recognizing a HA than women. The symptoms are a lot different for women from men's. I have spray nitro. Three bottles of it. One beside my bed, one in my purse and it goes with me everywhere, and one in the pocket on my scooter. It acts immediately. A heck of a lot faster then the pills. :angel:

True, that should about cover 1lb of store bacon.
I didn't get my other belly ordered until Friday and he is closed Mon & Tues. Add a week of curing onto that after I pick it up Wed and I just might run out of the last of the homemade bacon in the freezer.

I had symptoms that were nothing like what I had learned to watch for in a heart attack. Felt like someone was squeezing my throat and my right shoulder. No chest pain, actually no pain...just mild constriction. Heck it was happening as we drove to the ER. I sure got hollered at about not calling for an ambulance.:rolleyes: I was walking, talking and making jokes, didn't think I was in that much danger.

I think it's comical when he doctors tell you about HA symptoms. It could be pain in your arm, back, jaw, chest, neck, shoulder. It could be heartburn, etc.

If I paid attention to every pain in those parts, I'd live in the ER.

I don't rmember the last time I had such a busy day day and got done less :huh:
Nothing had a flow or any sense of efficiency to it, but I did manage to turn the air-conditioning on today. So yes, I moved the switch on the bottom of the thermostats from Heat to Cool :mrgreen:

I managed to drop 1 cup of guacamole on the floor and my shoes...guess I really didn't want anymore guac...

I smoked for 19 years then just decided to quit 1 day, gained to much weight, but I no longer smoke. Dh has smoked since he was 12 years old. 3 years ago he had a heart attack on Christmas day, he was 49 years old. The dr. told him to stop smoking, cut back on red meat, try & reduce his stress level & exercise. He has done none of the above. I feel like he is a ticking time bomb. I have harped on him long enough. He still continues to smoke 2 packs a day & has not changed his lifestyle at all. We have a 14 year old daughter. Time for me to lose more weight & get healthy, I want to be around for our daughter. I got back in the pool tonight for the 1st time in 5 weeks. It felt great. Feeling a little sore, I was in there 45 mn but only did 12 laps, pretty slow going but I am starting to feel it now. Took a pain pill, will take it a little more easy in the pool tomorrow.

I smoked for 19 years then just decided to quit 1 day, gained to much weight, but I no longer smoke. Dh has smoked since he was 12 years old. 3 years ago he had a heart attack on Christmas day, he was 49 years old. The dr. told him to stop smoking, cut back on red meat, try & reduce his stress level & exercise. He has done none of the above. I feel like he is a ticking time bomb. I have harped on him long enough. He still continues to smoke 2 packs a day & has not changed his lifestyle at all. We have a 14 year old daughter. Time for me to lose more weight & get healthy, I want to be around for our daughter. I got back in the pool tonight for the 1st time in 5 weeks. It felt great. Feeling a little sore, I was in there 45 mn but only did 12 laps, pretty slow going but I am starting to feel it now. Took a pain pill, will take it a little more easy in the pool tomorrow.

Take the pain pill 30 minutes before you hit the pool...You shouldn't hurt going in. Then another as soon as you can after. The pain pills are to help you move when you want to, like at the pool and during the day. Don't be stingy with them or you won't want to move.

We are hyper tick vigilant now. DH picked a tiny dot off the back of his neck, and I dutifully incinerated it in an ashtray, even though I couldn't see it.

We're getting ready for our walk, though the sky is starting to darken and cloud up. I think we should be OK for awhile, hopefully we won't get any nasty stuff.

Hockey?!
I'm sitting on the couch watching a Steven Segal movie. Same difference ;)

I thought you were going out.
Put the guac back in the fridge and step away from the door...
:LOL:

We shifted our reservation to 6 instead of 5 since we were trying to get a hold of my stepson in Shawnee, OK. We spoke with the DIL and everyone is fine. Dinner was great. More on the Dinner thread about what we ate.

The guac happened much earlier...ruined my water shoes. I hope I can clean them, I've been wearing them since I had the toe surgery, only need them for another week.:rolleyes:

We went on our walk. I wore a pair of knit shorts, the tie that holds them up had gone out on one side, this was not good. I put my iPhone in one of the pockets, and it was enough weight that the shorts kept heading south. Thankfully DH took Beagle's leash, and I stuffed the iPhone down my top, otherwise the neighbors would have seen the moon a bit earlier than expected.

I fixed the shorts, fishing and poking with a crochet hook, and got the ties aligned.

Last edited:
Easiest way to get a tie back through shorts or a hoodie is to pull it all the way out hook a safety pin through one end and push it back through. My gma showed me that :)

Back
Top Bottom