What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I've done that a few times too!

Thankfully, it works now!

Last edited:
I'm watching the Fox News coverage of the tornado near OK City. So sad.

When our son went out to college in AZ August of 1999 his twin sis and I drove him our there (Poor Dad was stuck at home because of his job :( ) and drove right through the Oklahoma City/Moore area on the interstates. I could not believe the destruction I saw even three months after the tornado. Then a 37 mile long twister tore its way across MA almost two years ago. I drive right through an area that was hit bad - the tornado finally lifted up only 3 1/2 miles from our home! I feel bad for all those people who have to rebuild their lives...

Good morning!

Lovely cold morning here today :)

Not much happening today, which is nice as I have been out and about all week so far...just a nice relaxing one at home, hoping it rains all day, so I can cosy up on the recliner ;)

Today would be my Dad's 88th birthday and is the second one since his passing. It is hard to believe he has been gone almost a year and a half. I am scanning pictures for my nephews of our family and seeing some of Dad is both heartwarming and sad. But I am focusing on the good memories. :)

Today would be my Dad's 88th birthday and is the second one since his passing...

Oh LP, I feel so bad for you.
hugsmile2.gif
Sadly, I think it doesn't get much easier as the years pass. Thank goodness we all have our memories to balance the hurt. It sounds like you have many happy ones.

It seems I've run out of stall tactics and I have to go clean house now. I hate cleaning. I would rather polish silver than dust. I would prefer cleaning out the kitty's litter pans to vacuuming. But I have a "stranger/friend"* spending a couple of days with us in early June and clean I must.

*We've known each other on-line for about 4-5 years. He's been like a second son over the internet. Well he is currently hiking the Appalachian Trail and is due to arrive in MA about two weeks from now. Himself is OK with us having him stop here for a couple days as a break. Should be interesting!

CG, thanks so much for those comforting words and the cyberhug. I thought I was coming to terms with my Mom's passing 18 years ago. However, losing Dad and having my sister in this horrific battle with cancer makes it harder. But I do treasure my good memories.

I too need to do cleaning today. Once thing I learned in my chronic pain management program was pacing. I will do one task that will take 20 - 30 minutes and may be strenuous (clean a bathroom, dust the bookshelves, etc.), then I will either go to the computer (when my hands work) for another half hour or go to a different type of activity like sitting and folding laundry. Then later I do another more strenuous activity. Today the main focus is on our bedroom. The pacing helps my pain and fatigue, but it also helps to break up the jobs so they aren't so arduous. :)

I hope your visit goes well!

Today would be my Dad's 88th birthday and is the second one since his passing. It is hard to believe he has been gone almost a year and a half. I am scanning pictures for my nephews of our family and seeing some of Dad is both heartwarming and sad. But I am focusing on the good memories. :)

Big hugs Laurie, thinking of you xxx

I am off to do the grocery shopping very soon and have to get back in time as we have the gutter cleaning guy coming over this morning to clean all ours gutters :)

I was looking up some medical information and came across a piece about something I had been told in the hospital.

Everytime you flush you toilet, a very fine mist comes back up into the air. You should step back immediately so the mist doesn't land on you. The piece gave more additional information than I received in the hospital. Most bathrooms have a toothbrush holder on one side of the sink and a glass holder on the other side. Make sure your tooth brush holder is on the far side from the toilet bowl. You should also keep paper cups in a dispenser type holder. And instead of just stepping back quickly, train your family to close the cover before flushing. :angel:

I am staying cool in the A/C.
For the last several hours it felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head blown off from a .410 shotgun :angel:
Much better now though. The TV isn't even on. Just chillin' and catching up on the webz.

This is not one of my better days. I just ache all over. It is most likely from the low pressure weather we have been experiencing for a couple of days. So I took a Vicodin. Hopes that helps. But in the meantime I got to thinking. When I have days like this, Spike has offered to set it up so that my 42" TV screen will be my computer monitor as well as for the TV. When I am feeling like this, sometimes just sitting up can be painful. If I allowed him to make my TV screen my computer monitor, I would always be in my bed. Not the best idea. I need to make myself get up and move around. So I have definitely scrapped that idea. With a wireless keyboard, I could sit in my chair with the footstool. But sitting can and does put pressure on the base of my spine.

And for those who are wondering, "Does the weather really have an effect on the body?" You bet it does. I used to think my sister was just a hypochondriac when she would complain about the rainy days. But I was 20-30 years younger and didn't have such extensive arthritis. She had rheumatoid arthritis. The worse kind to have. I have psoriatic arthritis. Almost as bad. Now I know better. Keep moving. Keep moving! :angel:

And for those who are wondering, "Does the weather really have an effect on the body?" You bet it does. I used to think my sister was just a hypochondriac when she would complain about the rainy days. But I was 20-30 years younger and didn't have such extensive arthritis. She had rheumatoid arthritis. The worse kind to have. I have psoriatic arthritis. Almost as bad. Now I know better. Keep moving. Keep moving! :angel:

You got that right !! I found out years ago that the weather is not your friend when you have aches and pains. I told DH 2 days ago we were in for a big storm .. he laughed .. he's not laughing now ! The only time I was never affected by the weather was when I lived right on the coast out west. The only thing I can come up with was that the weather moved on by so rapidly it didn't have time to hit me like it does here. And yep .. keep moving .. hard to do but it's about all you can do.

Back
Top Bottom