What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was looking up some medical information and came across a piece about something I had been told in the hospital.

Everytime you flush you toilet, a very fine mist comes back up into the air. You should step back immediately so the mist doesn't land on you. The piece gave more additional information than I received in the hospital. Most bathrooms have a toothbrush holder on one side of the sink and a glass holder on the other side. Make sure your tooth brush holder is on the far side from the toilet bowl. You should also keep paper cups in a dispenser type holder. And instead of just stepping back quickly, train your family to close the cover before flushing. :angel:

We always put the toilet lid down when we flush the toilet for that very reason

The gutter cleaning guy is here and he is doing such a thorough job, I am very pleased, and he is such a nice person too, well worth the $150.00 :)

I was looking up some medical information and came across a piece about something I had been told in the hospital.

Everytime you flush you toilet, a very fine mist comes back up into the air. You should step back immediately so the mist doesn't land on you. The piece gave more additional information than I received in the hospital. Most bathrooms have a toothbrush holder on one side of the sink and a glass holder on the other side. Make sure your tooth brush holder is on the far side from the toilet bowl. You should also keep paper cups in a dispenser type holder. And instead of just stepping back quickly, train your family to close the cover before flushing. :angel:
I don't know if it's true, but I was told that if you put the lid down, you just get the aerosol of water and microbes when you lift the lid later.

We have an enthusiastic toilet at one of my schools. You flush with your foot and have to immediately step back 10 ft. It shoots up like a geyser and sprays all over the seat. Thankfully it's in the basement and not often used.

If everything they say is bad really WAS that bad we'd all be dead already, right? :huh: Or at least all chronically ill. A few germs help the immune system. ;)

We have an enthusiastic toilet at one of my schools. You flush with your foot and have to immediately step back 10 ft. It shoots up like a geyser and sprays all over the seat. Thankfully it's in the basement and not often used.

Just don't shower in Dawg's fancy school toilet ^ :LOL:

Ah! A turbo-bidet...:rolleyes:

I am about to either bang my head on the desk or pour myself a pint glass of red wine. :ermm: I have been listening to my baseball game since 7:05 PM. Since then I have washed a couple windows, fixed and cleaned up from dinner, played on the computer, done some mending...and the game has been rain delayed twice. Almost 2 hours of wait time. We were losing big, then coming back slowly but getting close until the second rain delay. When they came back in the top of the 8th the Indians (home team) were down by only two. Ack! Our sure-handed center fielder just tipped a caught ball over the fence to give the opponent a 2-run home run! :ohmy: :( Down by four with 1 inning to go. Can they come back? Hope I'm still sober by then. ;):LOL: *

*FWIW, all references to heavy drinking are just in jest. Yes I like a glass of wine but I do exercise caution and certainly don't drink and drive.

Just finished making a recipe of Belgian-style Yeast Waffles. They'll be the "cake" for fresh strawberry shortcake. The area strawberries are just now coming in and, this year, are wonderfully pump, juicy and sweet. Takin' the waffles to Glenn's daughter's house tonight. We'll cook out first, then.....yum!

Have a look-see:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 188
Just finished making a recipe of Belgian-style Yeast Waffles. They'll be the "cake" for fresh strawberry shortcake. The area strawberries are just now coming in and, this year, are wonderfully pump, juicy and sweet. Takin' the waffles to Glenn's daughter's house tonight. We'll cook out first, then.....yum!

Have a look-see:

Oh those are so pretty !! The recipe sounds delish ... hope they are big hit !

Today would be my Dad's 88th birthday and is the second one since his passing. It is hard to believe he has been gone almost a year and a half. I am scanning pictures for my nephews of our family and seeing some of Dad is both heartwarming and sad. But I am focusing on the good memories. :)

A big hug to you Laurie. Birthdays are tough. This past Sunday I observed the second anniversary of dh's death and that too was hard to believe. Happy memories really help!

Just finished delivering the Memorial Day pots to the local cemeteries.

My Grandmother always called it Decoration Day.

I think it is important to remember those who came before us and to pass those memories on to future generations.

Going to be doing my 2 hour volunteer stint at the library later. I used to have a regular time and day but lately I've been kept very busy with shelf-reading. Basically, scan each and every book down the line, making sure they are in the exact order. I swear the books hop off the shelves at night to party, then can't find their way back to their correct "home". :LOL: Now I float and show up each week when it works best for me. Might be doing something special today though since the library is hosting a special speaker this evening.

Before I leave I should clean out the hummingbird and Baltimore oriold feeders - a hummer and I spooked each other yesterday so I know for sure they're coming around again. Yay!

I don't know if it's true, but I was told that if you put the lid down, you just get the aerosol of water and microbes when you lift the lid later.

That mist is liquid and liquid is heavier than air. Therefore it is not going to hang in the air waiting to come up and get you. It will reach its height capacity stopped by the lid and start its return trip to down. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom