What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sitting in my car outside my pharmacy waiting for this rainstorm to blow through. It's pouring and there's a lot of wind. The last time I was here in high wind, it almost blew me down. The neuropathy in my feet makes it hard for me to withstand it.

Keep safe GG!

Have not been up long, just enjoying a nice hot coffee :)

My mum and her partner are having a garage sale this morning at Don's house...hope they sell, sell, sell!

We were going to drop by and have a look but we have to work on our new game and I must clean the oven today too...not looking forward to it...not the best thing to do on a Saturday morning :LOL:

Hope you are all having a nice evening!

I'm sitting in my car outside my pharmacy waiting for this rainstorm to blow through. It's pouring and there's a lot of wind. The last time I was here in high wind, it almost blew me down. The neuropathy in my feet makes it hard for me to withstand it.
If high winds might blow you down, I'm glad you stayed in the car.

Watching the special news report of a bridge collapse about 45 miles south of us. This bridge is on the major north/south interstate ( I-5) from Canada to Mexico. It crosses the Skagit River. Thank goodness they are now reporting no fatalities, and only 3 people taken to hospital. Miraculous .......since 71000 vehicles cross this bridge daily. I cross it often myself. The river is fed by a glacial lake and is very cold at this time of year, likely 40-45 degrees. The currents are extremely dangerous this is not a swimming river, at least not in the area of the bridge. I am just so amazed that so few vehicles were on it at the time if collapse.

Bunny, we have crossed that bridge often as well as the I-5 is the best route for us to go to Seattle, Oregon or California (never been to Mexico). I watched it in amazement on the TV (much better than the scheduled show on ABC, Wipeout!). The cars actually went down with the bridge and were held up by the structure. Those people were sitting on top of their car roofs.

I know it is "another country" but is so close to home you can't help but be affected by it. My heart goes out to those who went down, the rescuers, those who got over the bridge just in time or were able to stop just in time and everyone who will be affected for a long time until they can determine what happened and repair the damage.

Oven is cleaned...as is all the bathroom, vanity etc

I had a bit more ironing to do...all done!

Now time to relax for awhile and have some lunch :)

I'm building a gun.
I'm a little further along than this picture a couple days ago, but not by much. Never having done this before I'm not sure when to grab the file and when to grab the sandpaper, so I'm opting for the sandpaper because it's less likely to have me buying a new part. Everything needs fitted.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 156
Oven is cleaned...as is all the bathroom, vanity etc

I had a bit more ironing to do...all done!

Now time to relax for awhile and have some lunch :)

I have a better deal for you. I will do all your ironing for the next year if you do my vacuuming. :angel:

I don't get it. Did you buy a kit? Why don't the parts fit together without being reworked?

I bought all the parts separately, but that doesn't really make a difference. 1911's and many guns need hand fitted. Even within a manufacture's factory (Colt, Ruger...) they aren't simply put together. Although things will fit a lot better and need less reworking.
That was actually a problem in WWI. You had two or three main weapons makers making the same gun to the same specs, yet the parts weren't interchangeable. That made them hard to fix in the field. Things got better later, but military weapons are built "loose" anyway to keep on working when dirty. Commercial and custom guns are built to much tigher tolerances because it makes them more accurate. And tighter tolerances means you fit each part to the next. Plus there are little things you do to make things work better.
I guess it would be like the guys who drop a Chevy smallblock into their Ford coupe.

LOL...Steve said, we call him "Roomba" :LOL:

It is a male, I always say he did this and he did that...he is like a pet in a way :)

Or...Little Tyke :LOL:

When he decides to stop under the bed, right in the middle, I call him a little tyke :LOL: he is very hard to get out from that position!

Yes, he does have me laughing at times :ROFLMAO:

It is funny as you grab hold of his handle on the top of him and you literally have to drag him out, it makes me feel like I am pulling out a little puppy by the collar :LOL:

Have been in the lounge room watching the film "IT" all afternoon, enjoyed it!

Just had some lovely dinner and now relaxing with a hot cup of tea :)

Off to watch some Masterchef soon!

Back
Top Bottom