What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take the pain pill 30 minutes before you hit the pool...You shouldn't hurt going in. Then another as soon as you can after. The pain pills are to help you move when you want to, like at the pool and during the day. Don't be stingy with them or you won't want to move.
Appreciate the tip, thank you! I have been trying to alternate btween the tylenol & hydrocordone to try & wean myself off those pills. I'm down to about 3 hydro's per day. I tried the gym, the elliptical & recumbant bike are slow going but suprisingly made me feel better than the pool for now.

I'm enjoying a cup of tea on my patio while TB sleeps in and Violet sniffs everything in the yard to make sure nothing has changed since she did it last night! :LOL:

What a beautiful and peaceful morning. :)

Just finished whipping up a batch of Mocha Cream Puffs, some sourdogh rolls and a potato salad .. the rest of the weekend cooking is up to DH and his handy dandy BBQ grill skills .. yep ... kick back time for me yayyyyy !!

I bought all the parts separately, but that doesn't really make a difference. 1911's and many guns need hand fitted. Even within a manufacture's factory (Colt, Ruger...) they aren't simply put together. Although things will fit a lot better and need less reworking.
That was actually a problem in WWI. You had two or three main weapons makers making the same gun to the same specs, yet the parts weren't interchangeable. That made them hard to fix in the field. Things got better later, but military weapons are built "loose" anyway to keep on working when dirty. Commercial and custom guns are built to much tigher tolerances because it makes them more accurate. And tighter tolerances means you fit each part to the next. Plus there are little things you do to make things work better.
I guess it would be like the guys who drop a Chevy smallblock into their Ford coupe.

Thanks for explaining. I learned a lot. I knew military weapons were made loose to operate better dirty. The rest is news to me.

So, do you need a gun permit to order individual pistol parts?

I'm going to clean off the dining table (flat space that gathers stuff) and set up my new toaster oven there.

I gotta get rid of some stuff before someone reports us to Hoarders...

Thanks for explaining. I learned a lot. I knew military weapons were made loose to operate better dirty. The rest is news to me.

So, do you need a gun permit to order individual pistol parts?

The only thing the gov't keeps an eye on is the frame, or receiver. That's the main component and the part that has a serial number on it. Everything else I ordered came directly to me.
I ordered the frame and slide from a company that makes frames and slides for 1911's. Then I had my local gun shop send him a copy of their Federal Firearms License. When the frame was done he sent it to them, they called me and then I went in and filled out the paperwork as if it was a working pistol.
If there was a problem with the frame I could send it back to the company and he could send it back to me because I already went through the background check for it. At least that's the way things work now...

Firearms older than fifty years I can have sent directly to me because I have a collector's license. That means I can buy certain guns, but I'm not supposed to sell them for a profit.
So I can have a WWII 1911 sent directly to me, but a modern version of the exact same gun I can't. Kind of weird, huh?

Yes, he does have me laughing at times :ROFLMAO:

It is funny as you grab hold of his handle on the top of him and you literally have to drag him out, it makes me feel like I am pulling out a little puppy by the collar :LOL:

I am going to have to ask my girlfriend Nanny in Atlanta if she has a problem with hers. :angel:

I am waiting for TB to come back from walking Violet so we can head to the store. When I get back I will make a fruit salad to take to my in-laws as dessert for dinner tonight.

I am also waiting for my next door neighbour's granddaughter to get ready for her grad tonight. I have known her boyfriend since he was 9 and her for the past 6 years since we moved her. They have both had tough lives and are doing well. It will be nice to see them all dressed up! :)

Need to run to the store to pick some flowers up for the graves tomorrow. The 1 time of year we go to the cemetaries. Makes a person realize how short our time is on earth.

My grandfather on my mother's side was a tugboat captain. He and my g'mother's ashes were scattered at sea. As a result just about all my ancestors have been cremated. The only one not ot go back to the sea is my daughter. And I just cannot bring myself to go to the mausoleum where her ashes are. :angel:

Just finished whipping up a batch of Mocha Cream Puffs, some sourdogh rolls and a potato salad .. the rest of the weekend cooking is up to DH and his handy dandy BBQ grill skills .. yep ... kick back time for me yayyyyy !!

That all sounds lovely Mrs L :)

Watching The Last Samurai... again. Then it's over to TMC for some Gary Cooper.
Dinner will be made and et in there somewhere.

Got the toaster oven set up, burned off as per the instructions. Will think hard on what to cook in it first. Heaven forbid I just do toast...

I have just vacuumed the whole house, I have mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors, made the bed and done the dishes, now time for an early lunch, I am starving :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom