What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished supper, picked up a thin pizza & some wings at wal mart. Sitting & relaxing for the first time today in my recliner. Rushing from 1 thing to the next most of the day.

I have just had a lovely hot shower ans washed my hair...showers are so much nicer in the col weather, you dont want to get out though :LOL:

Having some afternoon tea now and then going to play some Lego Undercover on the Wii U :)

I have just had a lovely hot shower ans washed my hair...showers are so much nicer in the col weather, you dont want to get out though :LOL:

Having some afternoon tea now and then going to play some Lego Undercover on the Wii U :)

I am fortunate in that I don't have to worry about paying for the water or heating it. So I can stay in there as long as I want to.

I just finished sitting here for three hours listening to The Vienna Boys Choir clips on YouTube. I need to get up and stretch the old body. :angel:

Good morning. I am just getting up and trying to wake up to go to work. We have a brunch on Sundays. 7:30 start time for a 9:00 opening. I like being back in food service but don't like the weekend work. It's even more fun(not) when I play with the band the night before. Nothing like going to work on 3 hours sleep.

Last edited:
Good morning. I am just getting up and trying to wake up to go to work. We have a brunch on Sundays. 7:30 start time for a 9:00 opening. I like being back in food service but don't like the weekend work. It's even more fun(not) when I play with the band the night before. Nothing like going to work on 3 hours sleep.

And a good morning to you. Serving the public in any manner means giving up your life. :angel:

And a good morning to you. Serving the public in any manner means giving up your life. :angel:

Not when you volunteer and choose your hours, like I do ;) There are plenty of 9-5 jobs serving the public as well.

I'm reading the Sunday paper and helping DH plan the menu and shopping list for an annual event he does for about 24 science teachers in the district. He and a couple of others teach a graduate class funded by a grant. As a capstone for the class, they take the teachers to a state park and rent a couple of lodges. They give their final presentations on their projects (project-based learning for students) and do a one-day canoe/kayak trip on the James River. I usually go to help cook, but this year I'm going to visit my sister, BIL and Dad in Austin next weekend.

Not when you volunteer and choose your hours, like I do ;) There are plenty of 9-5 jobs serving the public as well.

I'm reading the Sunday paper and helping DH plan the menu and shopping list for an annual event he does for about 24 science teachers in the district. He and a couple of others teach a graduate class funded by a grant. As a capstone for the class, they take the teachers to a state park and rent a couple of lodges. They give their final presentations on their projects (project-based learning for students) and do a one-day canoe/kayak trip on the James River. I usually go to help cook, but this year I'm going to visit my sister, BIL and Dad in Austin next weekend.

Sounds like has a busy time ahead. I would love to go on that canoeing trip. I am killing time until I know my daughter is up. This is her chemo week and I know she spends most of it in bed. I just wish I could do something to help her. :angel:

Cleaning the floor of my downstairs bathroom/utility room/laundry room/mud room. Needless to say, with such multi-purposing, the floor catches a lot of yuck: Mud year round, de-icer, melting ice/snow, salt and boots strewn around all winter, gardening clogs, sneakers, yet more mud, and grass and leaf trimmings all summer, lint flying from the clothes dryer year round, dog bathing stuff and hair all around. Ugh! It is a chore!

Trying to find the dining room under all the stuff, and sorting through a bunch of Mom's old papers and her costume jewelry. I need to find a place that does bulk shreddng.

Trying to find the dining room under all the stuff, and sorting through a bunch of Mom's old papers and her costume jewelry. I need to find a place that does bulk shreddng.

Try the UPS Store if there is one near, if not they may know who does.

I'm parading around wearing Mom's costume jewelry that I've been sorting through. It goes well with my vintage sweatshirt. Nothing of value, but some fun stuff. Will have to give a bunch to Goodwill.

We tried to go for a walk, but keep getting rained on.

I am drinking a beer, watching the tube and reconnecting with my foodie side. I've been working on my pistol project off and on, mostly on, since this morning and need a mindless breather. I hope someone has posted some food pics to look at.

I'm parading around wearing Mom's costume jewelry that I've been sorting through. It goes well with my vintage sweatshirt. Nothing of value, but some fun stuff. Will have to give a bunch to Goodwill.

We tried to go for a walk, but keep getting rained on.

You sound like a little girl playing dressup in her Mommy's jewelry. :angel:

Cleaning the floor of my downstairs bathroom/utility room/laundry room/mud room. Needless to say, with such multi-purposing, the floor catches a lot of yuck: Mud year round, de-icer, melting ice/snow, salt and boots strewn around all winter, gardening clogs, sneakers, yet more mud, and grass and leaf trimmings all summer, lint flying from the clothes dryer year round, dog bathing stuff and hair all around. Ugh! It is a chore!

Hey, it is a holiday weekend. Take some time off and enjoy it. The house will be there long after you. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom