What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were you using a toaster oven before for toast?
I haven't found a toaster oven yet that doesn't dry out toast more than a toaster does. Probably because the coils are further away and it takes longer. You need to start liking lighter toast and it will be better.

Have never used a toaster oven before. The toast was way too crispy even on a med setting. I can handle using the toaster for toast. Finding out now how it does on convection - bake with raw meat balls.

I'm really hoping Shrek will be apt to use it to fix his meals while I am at work since "I don't see any reason to heat up the entire oven for a meal for myself." Trying to get him to eat healthier is making me crazy.

This morning I am heading out to use a voucher I have for a clothes shop, may get a nice top!

Have a few other bits and pieces to get too...so I had better get to it :)

Have never used a toaster oven before. The toast was way too crispy even on a med setting. I can handle using the toaster for toast. Finding out now how it does on convection - bake with raw meat balls.

I'm really hoping Shrek will be apt to use it to fix his meals while I am at work since "I don't see any reason to heat up the entire oven for a meal for myself." Trying to get him to eat healthier is making me crazy.

That's what I thought. That was my biggest complaint with my toaster oven, but I didn't want to drag out a toaster all the time just for toast. I think I just got used to it being drier, but not toasting quite as dark helps, too.

That's what I thought. That was my biggest complaint with my toaster oven, but I didn't want to drag out a toaster all the time just for toast. I think I just got used to it being drier, but not toasting quite as dark helps, too.

LOL! Toast should not cause bleeding gums, specially since I am on a blood thinner. The meatballs were...okay. I hope I get the hang of it soon.

Hope you do too, PF! Sounds like a cool appliance!

Good gravy, I have enough silver colored chains to encircle the globe at least 3 times. Have no idea what Mom was thinking. Why would anyone need all these necklaces??? One is at least 8 ft long.

Last edited:
I don't eat a lot of sliced bread so I keep a loaf in the freezer. Two slices go in the toaster over frozen solid and come out nicely toasted.

How long and at what temp? By the time it preheats I can have toast from the toaster and it doesn't inflict damage.:wacko:

You're supposed to preheat a toaster oven before you make toast?
I never bothered. I don't preheat a regular toaster. Maybe that's why we are getting different results.

LOL! Toast should not cause bleeding gums, specially since I am on a blood thinner. The meatballs were...okay. I hope I get the hang of it soon.

Meatballs in the oven cook rather quickly. You have to keep an eye on them. I always turn them halfway. I also use the residual heat to finish the cooking. :angel:

How long and at what temp? By the time it preheats I can have toast from the toaster and it doesn't inflict damage.:wacko:

I have the super basic TO pictured. Bottom knob is a timer/on/off dial, middle knob sets function - bake, broil/toast etc. Top knob sets temp.

For two slices of frozen bread I set the middle knob to the line between Medium and Dark. I can't imagine that translates directly to your TO.

Attachments

• 206499.jpg
    206499.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 68
DH prefers bread that, when toasted, rips the heck out of my mouth. And if I don't immediately follow up with a Placker, it ain't pretty.

We keep the oral shredder bread in the freezer too.

You guys need to stop talking about TOs. Now I want one too.

Last edited:
I was sitting here peacefully in my home reading posts and answering some. Then I hear a God awful crash on the highway right next to our building. It sounded like a large truck. We have oil tankers on this highway all the time. So when I hear a crash with that much noise, I get wee bit nervous. It was a car that hit the Median strip curb and the car flipped over and spun around so that it was facing the opposite direction and landed on the Median strip. There is debris for about a quarter of a mile. People rushed over to the car and helped the driver get out. He calmly walked across the highway and sat down on the grass waiting for the police. The backup is forever. It is at times like this that I am glad I don't drive.

Spike was out there walking Teddy. So I got a chance to play with him. He was so excited to see me. There were other folks out with their dogs and he just went crazy. It is a good thing Spike keeps him on the leash at all times.

Three of my daughter's children showed up today. They came to pick up the key for the mausoleum. They stayed for a while, then they went out and bought me an eggplant sandwich with FF. I ate half of it and gave the FF and the other half to Spike. It was too much food for me. They also brought me a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers. It has five flowers in it. But that is okay. that is five more flowers than I had before they arrived. It was so good to see them. They will be back in three weeks.

So now I am going to try to watch the series on First Ladies of the White House on CSpan. :angel:

Good gravy, I have enough silver colored chains to encircle the globe at least 3 times. Have no idea what Mom was thinking. Why would anyone need all these necklaces??? One is at least 8 ft long.

My Aunt had some similar to that. I was almost 5' 7" at the time and if I held one necklace over my head it nearly touched the floor. She would wrap it a couple times around her neck and have the loops hang at three different lengths. If I wore it like that I'd probably end up choking myself. :LOL:

My Aunt had some similar to that. I was almost 5' 7" at the time and if I held one necklace over my head it nearly touched the floor. She would wrap it a couple times around her neck and have the loops hang at three different lengths. If I wore it like that I'd probably end up choking myself. :LOL:

:LOL: Mom was under 5'. I'm almost 6'. If Mom wore that necklace, she'd probably step on it, and might have left us much earlier!

She was always annoyed about going through airport checkin, they made her take off her jewelry. It must have accounted for at least 50% of her body weight.

Last edited:
...I'm really hoping Shrek will be apt to use it to fix his meals while I am at work since "I don't see any reason to heat up the entire oven for a meal for myself." Trying to get him to eat healthier is making me crazy.

I've given up on retraining Himself. Now I just tell him if he strokes out he danged well better die 'cuz I won't wipe his drool or change his diaper. :D

I've had my Cuisinart convection oven/toaster/broiler for about ten years. Once you get the hang of it, and figure out what does best in the regular setting and what does best "convected". Eventually you'll use it for most stuff that's too small to put in the regular oven. I tend to use the rack in the higher of the two positions so that air circulates. Wasn't a good idea the one time I used the toaster oven for homemade bread. It came out with two parallel dents in its top. :ohmy:

I've given up on retraining Himself. Now I just tell him if he strokes out he danged well better die 'cuz I won't wipe his drool or change his diaper. :D

I've had my Cuisinart convection oven/toaster/broiler for about ten years. Once you get the hang of it, and figure out what does best in the regular setting and what does best "convected". Eventually you'll use it for most stuff that's too small to put in the regular oven. I tend to use the rack in the higher of the two positions so that air circulates. Wasn't a good idea the one time I used the toaster oven for homemade bread. It came out with two parallel dents in its top. :ohmy:

I'm a nurse...I'll be able to hire a suitable person (s) to take care of Shrek...:D

As for the oven, I'm also hoping it won't heat up the apartment so much during the summer. This one has three levels for the rack and 9 settings from toast to warm. Like I mentioned, it may be too smart for me. I still have a microwave with an on/off dial and no cell phone.

Back
Top Bottom